“Newly remodeled - nice lobby and recreation areas”

Indianapolis Marriott East
Ranked #1 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 17 March 2014

This is a conference center and hotel and has recently been remodeled. The lobby area, pool and workout room are all very nice - as were the rooms. There is an onsite bar and restaurant that comes in handy. The hotel is close to the interstate, in a more industrial area. Several restaurants nearby, Red Lobster, Bob Evans, and some fast food places.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 15 January 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for 4 nights during the Indianapololis winter storm and was very impressed. THe renovations are outstanding. and have made a huge difference in the feel at the hotel. The hotel is a bit confusing because it is so large and has so many meeting rooms, but after day 3 I actually knew where i was going. The staff here was so accomodating and were very helpful. I ate dinner, lunch and breakfast and thought the food overall was very good. My favorite is the breakfast omlets. Since it was winter i did not use the outside courtyard, but it looked like a nice area. The gym was well equipped and had a variety of equipment, weights and tvs. I would stay here again without hesitation.

Room Tip: I really like staying in the Veterans towers.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank peyton0018
judyblat, Manager at Indianapolis Marriott East, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about our hotel and staff. We are so happy you were able to stay with us during one of the many(smile) snow storms we have had so far this year. We are very proud of the renovations and love it when our guests feel the same and we especially love it when you have the experiences we hoped you would with our associates. We are very luck to have such brilliant associates that are passionate about taking care of our guests. Please keep us in mind for the future and come by in the spring to check out our outdoor courtyard. Thank You again

Reviewed 18 December 2013

My family and I stayed here on 12/13/13 on our way to St. Louis. The front desk lady was so nice and welcoming. The lobby is beautiful...love the fireplace! The room was very clean...I always check the bedbug registry before I book a hotel...I am picky! This place was great for the price! Kudos to Marriott for a job well done. Too bad I can't say the same thing for the Crown Plaza we stayed in the next night in St, Louis!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Kerry H

We are certainly glad you took the time to share your opinion of our hotel. Our associates love to hear how our guests feel about us and we appreciate it very much. Stop by and see us again next time you are traveling thru Indiana.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

They must have recently redone this hotel because the facade and lobby were beautiful. The room also very nice, and if you get a view of the inner courtyard like we did you will look out on a nice war memorial. The staff was very helpful, but the standout here was the food. We got in late and I got take out back to our room - excellent choices were the mac and cheese, buffalo wings, and pork chop sandwich. Frankly I'm glad our dinner reservations downtown fell through. Even though you are about 8 miles from downtown, this hotel is worth the stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mja1982

We are glad your dinner plans fell through also because you would have missed out on Chef Mike's culinary delights. I will be sure and pass on your accolades to Chef and our staff.
Hope to see you again

Reviewed 4 December 2013

This hotel is designed by fools and run by idiots! The layout is extremely confusing where the rooms are arranged by the last 2 digits rather than by the full 3 digits. Ordered room service and it took 3 calls and 2 hours to deliver - for a Reuben sandwich! When I shared this with the On-duty Manager during his check-in call on Platinum members, he just shrugged it off and hung up. Definitely removing this lame property off the corp list and DO NOT STAY at THIS HORRIBLE HOTEL!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

We have Marriott platinum status with more than 100 nights this year alone. I have nothing but praise for this hotel. All of the staff from the front desk, bartender, breakfast server, everyone was professional and friendly. We felt truly welcome. The large new lobby bar area is nothing short of spectacular. An entire wall of wine racks is the backdrop opposite a beautiful bar with 3 huge televisions that do not detract from the warm setting. Check out the pictures on the hotel website...they accurately show the hotel features without trick photographic lens or unachievable views. The wine list is complete and very reasonably priced. The pool is very large and relaxing. We would have very much enjoyed the outdoor open fire pits if the weather had allowed. We were upgraded to a very nice (and huge) suite so I cannot comment on the standard rooms. While this is intended as a conference hotel, the entire decor is well done with many hidden seating areas. The hotel is immediately adjacent to Rt 70 but you would never know it. We would drive hundreds of miles out of our way to stay a few nights at this remarkable discovery in Indianapolis of all places!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Gofishnj

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments about our hotel and staff!!! We couldn't have written it any better on our hotel brochure...We are thrilled when our guests are as thrilled as we hoped they would be when they are staying in our hotel. I will definitely pass this on to our brilliant staff members. They will be very pleased.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

The eastside Indianapolis Marriott has undergone a couple of years of renovations which finally appear to be over. Results are mainly positive, although along with the upgrades facilities come upgraded costs. I was there most recently for a conference. The main conference area is a bit dark even when fully lit, in part I suspect because the multi-bulb light fixtures were in some cases at least half burnt-out. Food provided for the conference was basic conference-type buffet food--except dessert. The afternoon dessert/snack offerings were definitely above-average. Although I did not eat in the renovated restaurant this time, I did at my last conference there. The food was expensive but far better than it had been the first couple of times I stayed there when the restaurant was temporarily located in a conference room. The renovated front desk/restaurant area is quite lovely, and the front desk staff was prompt and courteous. My room was a basic hotel room, a bit small, but it was just me. The amenities were pretty standard: Bath and Body Works shampoo, conditioner, lotion and soap. Towels were soft and absorbent. The bed was marvelous! My room had one feature that I didn't take advantage of given the cold weather--a small patio area off the outside courtyard. I didn't take advantage of the pool or exercise room either, but they looked fine. I would recommend you bring your own snacks. There used to be a couple of snack vending machines, but all I could find this time was the convenience store off the front desk. A standard-size Snickers bar was $2.00 and none-too-fresh. There's not a lot going on in the area where the Marriott is located, although there is Lincoln Square Restaurant next door if you don't want a $10 bowl of oatmeal for breakfast. It's not a location I would necessarily choose for a leisure stay, but it's just fine for business.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Jennyanndiana

Thank you for taking the time to complete this survey about our hotel. We are very happy about the renovation and we continue to make improvements to the hotel. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next visit.