“Great Stay”

Indianapolis Marriott East
Ranked #1 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I was here on business the first week in May and I must say, it was better then expected. At first, it is a little confusing when pulling in being there are a few hotels in the same parking area. Once you walk into the lobby, it greats you very well!

Rooms are a bit outdated but the beds are very comfy.

I would stay here again if I am in the Indie area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Indianapolis Marriott East

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I have never experienced so many helpful and friendly employees in the hotel lobby, restaurant and front desk as I did at this Marriott on our most recent visit. Henry at the front desk was so kind and friendly, and the same goes for Ray as the greeter at the restaurant. Thanks for a great visit and such wonderful service.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I stayed at the Marriott Indianapolis East with a friend over a weekend in June 2014. The first thing to note is that immaculate state of the lobby upon entering. According to the bellman, this hotel underwent a major renovation in 2011 before Indy hosted the Super Bowl. It is clear that no expense was spared on the new addition. The lobby, wine bar, conference center, and Veterans Tower are all part of this new addition and are very, very nice. To the right of the lobby is the older section of the hotel, which is showing some age. While the room in the older section was pleasant and clean (and clearly remodeled when the newer section was built), the hallways look a little dumpy. The elevators are old and a little musty. The franken-hotel construction (old three story construction + brand new tower) also means that navigating in the hotel is a labyrinth of poorly labeled hallways. On my first attempt to find my room, I had to ask the security guard for help.

Because I was staying with a friend, two beds in the room was important to me. The first room that the hotel staff assigned was in the Veterans Tower in the new section. The rooms in this section are a little larger and better appointed. After I found the elevator to the room with some help (it is nowhere near the lobby...so I cannot recommend these rooms for mobility impaired guests), I was a little shocked to find that the second bed was a fold-out-of-the-wall murphy bed. I've been to many, many hotels, and I've never seen a hotel place a murphy bed in the living room area to count as having a second bed. In fact, to pull the bed down from the wall, you had to move furniture for the bed to fit. I don't want to move furniture. If I wanted to move furniture each night, I can do that at home-- at least there it's my own furniture!

The front desk and the Assistant Manager, Melissa, were very helpful in accommodating my request to move to a different non-murphy-bed room. This second room was in the older section of the hotel, which, as I have mentioned, does show its age and feels like a maze to get there. The older-section room met our needs and was clean and comfortable. It was a little bit on the small side for Marriott properties, but it was consistent in size with hotel rooms of early-1970s-era construction.

If I'm in the area, I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms in the Veterans Tower are newer and better appointed. However, the two bed rooms in the tower...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Stayed here for 3 days for a recent quilt expo. Great service in all departments. Yasmin at the front desk was wonderful. Both John and Ray always had a friendly word and smile for us ladies. Food was good, had fish tacos ( great flavors) also recommend $12.95 lunch buffet. My teen daughter felt welcome. Nice pool with open large doors to the outdoors. We'll be back.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The entrance to the hotel is beautiful during the day and evening. The staff was welcoming.

One complaint is that it is hard to find your room with multiple non-connected towers but eventually you will find it. The rooms themselves are showing a bit of age but aren't bad at all. Bathrooms are a bit small.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed for one night on my drive from CT to CA. After a long day of driving, needless to say I was just looking to get a decent meal and a comfortable place to lay my head for the night. This Marriott fir the bill exactly. As others have mentioned the lobby and bar have been recently redone, and are both very nice and welcoming. I had dinner at the bar and while the meal was not spectacular, it was very good and not horribly overpriced like many hotel restaurants. The room was very modern and the bed was comfortable. One big plus that I loved as it had a nice setup for connecting your computer as well as 4 plugs for recharging phones, etc. Many times I have to hunt to find plugs for these items, it was nice to have them easily accessible.

Other plusses - easy access from highway; had a concierge level which included drinks and breakfast; had security patrolling parking areas.

Only have 2 small negatives - One, the internet should be free these days. Charging $4 for basic or $12 for "premium" seems to be a gouge to me. Second, the layout of the bathroom could have been better. The toilet was almost touching the side of the bathtub. While it was fine for me, if you have mobility issues this may cause you problems. Neither of these would stop me from staying again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 May 2014

First time back in 4 years to see the remodeling of the lobby, bar, and pool areas. They have done a fantastic job! Friendly and helpful staff, easy in and out, and nice rooms. Hidden gem for this area!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business