“Delightful.”

Ranked #1 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
Rockton, Illinois
“Delightful.”
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Went there for a convention and didn't need to go anywhere else for the entire weekend. Staff was courteous and efficient. My room was opened up onto a beautiful courtyard and all of the guests enjoyed it which I thought was quite charming. Reasonably priced breakfast on the little pergola porch just outside my room and wa la ... The perfect get away out of town I neede. Highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2014
judyblat, Manager at Indianapolis Marriott East, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Oh we love it when our guests can enjoy our outdoor courtyard!!! It is the best place to relax and enjoy your stay. Your comfort is our #1 priority. We hope to see you again this summer!!!
Judy Blattert

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This Marriott is up to date with its décor. The rooms were clean. They have "Thann" toiletries. I usually don't sleep well the first night, but didn't have any problems as the beds were very comfortable or I was very tired.

I only have a three negatives to report about this hotel.
The first being that we stayed on the 4th floor which is the concierge floor and the bathrooms are very small. The toilet sits up against the tub. You have to reach over the toilet to turn on the water.

The second is the tub was somewhat slippery. No one fell, but my husband doesn't have steady feet and I was concerned for his safety.

Lastly, the prices for food were a little high. Cost for oatmeal, toast and juice was $12.95. The buffet was $16.95. I asked just for the oatmeal to cut down on cost and that was $7.50.

Other than that, the amenities were good and I will stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vetskidog
judyblat, Manager at Indianapolis Marriott East, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
We are so glad you had a nice rest in our comfortable Marriott bed!!! I appreciate your comments and will take them back to our operation team and remind them about the slippery tub. We definitely don't ever want to put our guests at risk. We will also take a look at our pricing in the restaurant. Looking forward to seeing you again very soon.
Marion, Indiana
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I am happy to be able to give praise to an employee of this hotel. The employee I am writing about works the check in desk. I had the privilege to speak to Michelle a few days before my arrival at the hotel. She was very pleasant and knowledgeable and put my worries to rest. When check in day arrived, there she was at the front desk smiling and helping everyone. When it was my turn to check in she asked for my name and immediately remembered our phone conversation and commented on it. I stayed at the hotel for 4 days, whenever I passed that front desk, her sweet voice rang out calling me by name and asking me how my day was going. She is truly a gem and should be well taken care of. With employees like Michelle, I will always stay at the Mariott.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to complete our survey. We love it when our guests mention one of our associates by name. Michelle has been with us for awhile and she loves what she does and I am glad it shows to our guests...Hope to see you again very soon.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Earlier this month we held a dinner to celebrate my 50th birthday at the Marriott East. The staff made planning the event a very easy process. I checked in early to have plenty of time to get things done and get dressed for the evening. I was given a very nice corner room with plenty of space.
While I was our running errands the front desk surprised me with a slice of cheese cake to further celebrate my day.
We had dinner in the private dining room off the restaurant the service was wonderful. And the room was tasteful. The food of course was also very good.
Many little things from the cheese cake to providing a wine opener, and of course the many verbal wishes from the staff for a happy birthday and great event made this stay a night to remember.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

I love spending time at Marriott East in Indy. Henry, the Ambassador, Eugene and Marissa always make me feel welcome. Keep up the great work!
The hotel is always clean and well manicured. I take my business guests there just for meetings because I love the beautiful atmosphere.
The food is very good!

• Stayed June 2014
Seymour, Indiana
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I would especially like to commend Michelle at the front desk. She was very helpful and remembered my name each time I walked by the front desk. This was my first stay at this site and I look forward to returning in the near future! My bed was very comfortable and I slept well...not always the case for me in my travels. The conference area is very nice, the food was very good, and I never had to wait long for the elevator (going to & from my room).

All employees I encountered were cheerful, but especially Michelle!

Brenda W from Southern Indiana

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 19 June 2014

During a recent stay at this hotel for a conference, the staff went above and beyond to make my stay pleasant. The people at the front desk were helpful and the bell staff and concierge attending to my every need. In particular, Henry helped us get a car to take us on a personal tour of downtown that was fabulous (it was my first time to Indianapolis, IN) at a very reasonable fare. He also heard that I was charged for the buffet and only wanted to oatmeal and so he addressed the issue without me having to mention it. Throughout the convention, he was pleasant and personified the definition of excellent service. I would definitely recommend the hotel as a place to stay. The lobby atmosphere was great place to hang out when I needed to do work betwee sessions.

1 Thank Michelle M