“Great hotel”

Ranked #1 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
Overland Park, Kansas
“Great hotel”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

The staff here is excellent. The room was very clean and comfortable. Extra charge for wifi ($3.99) which we couldn't figure out how to log in anyway. Beautiful outside lounge area.
Overall excellent stay!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
judyblat, Manager at Indianapolis Marriott East, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. I am so glad you were happy with our services, hotel and our associates. We feel like we have hired the very best to take care of our guests and we love it when our guests notice....I am sorry you had difficulty with logging into our internet. I have gone back and looked at the instructions and agree they were a bit confusing, therefore we have adjusted the signage and directions. So thank you for letting us know. Hope to see you again soon.
Asst General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
Logansport, Indiana
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

This is my review of Marriott Indianapolis East, Hotel Ambassador, Henry. I have stayed at this hotel for the last 3-4 years when the Fraternal Order of Eagles holds its annual convention at the Marriott Indianapolis East.
Customer service in all departments is friendly, courteous, and prompt, but there is an unsung hero among them, that is Henry, a Hotel Ambassador. He is absolutely the best there is. He goes above and beyond the call of duty for guests and fellow employees.
To me, he is not just a hotel employee, but a great friend. If I need anything he is right on it and takes care of it. Every time he sees me, I’m greeted with a huge smile, a hug, and a “Hello Laura”.
He works long, hard, and tirelessly for the guests of the hotel. He becomes a friend to everyone that meets him, and is loved by everyone. He is one of the most important reasons that I choose to return to the Marriott Indianapolis East.
It’s is not just the atmosphere that makes the Marriott Indianapolis East a great hotel to stay at, it is employee’s like Henry that makes me want to come back year after year.

Thanks for the great service Henry!! You know I’ll be back again.

• Stayed June 2014
judyblat, Manager at Indianapolis Marriott East, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Hi Laura: Thank you for your comments about the hotel, staff and especially your comments about Henry. We are very lucky to have him here taking care of our guests. He is a true gem and it is so much fun watching him working with the guests. We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and look forward to seeing you next year.

West Harrison, Indiana
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Best feature is excellent staff at front desk. Michelle was quick and professional at check in. She remembered my name and helped me with my lost room key later. Marriott is lucky to have high quality employees like Michelle who are committed to customer service. Overall classy hotel. Recently remodeled room. Attractive lobby with live plants. Wonderful meeting rooms for our conference. Courtyard with fountain and fireplace and comfortable seating. Everyone I met at the hotel was very accommodating.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
judyblat, Manager at Indianapolis Marriott East, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. We feel the same way about Michelle and appreciate it when our guests share this information with us. She is one of our many "brilliant hosts" at the hotel. Hope to see you again soon.
Rockton, Illinois
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Went there for a convention and didn't need to go anywhere else for the entire weekend. Staff was courteous and efficient. My room was opened up onto a beautiful courtyard and all of the guests enjoyed it which I thought was quite charming. Reasonably priced breakfast on the little pergola porch just outside my room and wa la ... The perfect get away out of town I neede. Highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2014
Oh we love it when our guests can enjoy our outdoor courtyard!!! It is the best place to relax and enjoy your stay. Your comfort is our #1 priority. We hope to see you again this summer!!!
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This Marriott is up to date with its décor. The rooms were clean. They have "Thann" toiletries. I usually don't sleep well the first night, but didn't have any problems as the beds were very comfortable or I was very tired.

I only have a three negatives to report about this hotel.
The first being that we stayed on the 4th floor which is the concierge floor and the bathrooms are very small. The toilet sits up against the tub. You have to reach over the toilet to turn on the water.

The second is the tub was somewhat slippery. No one fell, but my husband doesn't have steady feet and I was concerned for his safety.

Lastly, the prices for food were a little high. Cost for oatmeal, toast and juice was $12.95. The buffet was $16.95. I asked just for the oatmeal to cut down on cost and that was $7.50.

Other than that, the amenities were good and I will stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vetskidog
We are so glad you had a nice rest in our comfortable Marriott bed!!! I appreciate your comments and will take them back to our operation team and remind them about the slippery tub. We definitely don't ever want to put our guests at risk. We will also take a look at our pricing in the restaurant. Looking forward to seeing you again very soon.
Marion, Indiana
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I am happy to be able to give praise to an employee of this hotel. The employee I am writing about works the check in desk. I had the privilege to speak to Michelle a few days before my arrival at the hotel. She was very pleasant and knowledgeable and put my worries to rest. When check in day arrived, there she was at the front desk smiling and helping everyone. When it was my turn to check in she asked for my name and immediately remembered our phone conversation and commented on it. I stayed at the hotel for 4 days, whenever I passed that front desk, her sweet voice rang out calling me by name and asking me how my day was going. She is truly a gem and should be well taken care of. With employees like Michelle, I will always stay at the Mariott.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to complete our survey. We love it when our guests mention one of our associates by name. Michelle has been with us for awhile and she loves what she does and I am glad it shows to our guests...Hope to see you again very soon.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Earlier this month we held a dinner to celebrate my 50th birthday at the Marriott East. The staff made planning the event a very easy process. I checked in early to have plenty of time to get things done and get dressed for the evening. I was given a very nice corner room with plenty of space.
While I was our running errands the front desk surprised me with a slice of cheese cake to further celebrate my day.
We had dinner in the private dining room off the restaurant the service was wonderful. And the room was tasteful. The food of course was also very good.
Many little things from the cheese cake to providing a wine opener, and of course the many verbal wishes from the staff for a happy birthday and great event made this stay a night to remember.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends