“Second visit” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Kansas City, Kansas
“Second visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

This is the second time staying at this Marriott. I wanted to come back because of the restaurant Skylight. It’s just so convenient to have a good restaurant inside the hotel at the end of a 10 hour car drive. I just could not do another quarter pounder with cheese. The quesadilla app is really good and plenty to have as your entrée. The front desk staff is so nice. Both this time and the last. The rooms are clean. Self parking without an extra fee. No continental breakfast. Nice sitting area outside to bring a drink to. Right off of I-70. Gas stations just down the road before getting back on I-70.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Davidson, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

The Marriott East is a great spot for a multi-day convention and the staff there is so accommodating. It easy to reach from both downtown and the airport. The food was some of the best I've tasted at any convention or trade show and the bar is great as well. Plus, the beds were incredibly comfortable and the outdoor courtyard was a treat after hours. Recommend this spot for both business and pleasure.

Room Tip: If view matters to you, make sure to ask for one of the rooms that does not overlook I-65. Some of t...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
Champaign, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

My wife & I spent two nights at the Marriott East for a toy train convention. We made our reservations well in advance. Upon our 4pm arrival we were notified that there was an issue with the feather-free room that we requested. We were offered a Hospitality room (larger room with a Murphy bed & full size fridge) and free buffet breakfasts for the duration of our stay and a $10 coupon for a dinner at their Skylight Bistro Café. We agreed.

The Marriott's staff is phenomenal . . . very friendly and always willing to go the extra step to help us out. However, our Hospitality room was not as well-appointed or as clean as we expected. We got clean towels and soap on day two, but no evidence of vacuuming, making up the bed or cleaning the glasses. My wife had to call the desk for coffee packets and cups.

I would be very cautious about staying in a hospitality room. We were not in our room very much so it was not a big issue for us.

Room Tip: Hotel is adjacent to I-465 and I-70. Ask for a room away from the interstate.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Cimarron Hills, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

My family and I stayed here this weekend for a small getaway. This hotel service was amazing! The room was very spacious, and the beds were extremely comfy. There was a convention going on so it was a bit busy, but quiet in the rooms. The staff was great about accomadations for our 7 month old!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Stockton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed here for a club meeting/convention last week and although we stayed here several years ago (for the same club meeting/convention) didn't recognize the place at first. Apparently the whole lobby/front entrance area has been totally redone and is now strikingly attractive. Further, never before have I been greeted so nicely and enthusiastically at any chain hotel. Several members of the staff were standing by the front desk and all of them welcomed me. One brought me a glass of iced water and another guided me to the Elite check in desk. A third gave me a welcome bag with a bottle of water, a bag of trail mix and a packet of cheese/crackers. Because we are gold elite members of the Marriot frequent guest program, we got an upgrade to their concierge floor. The room was especially nice and comfortable (and seemed to be even somewhat nice than the non-concierge floor rooms. The concierge lounge was open for a complimentary breakfast on Friday morning and the breakfast was excellent with fresh scrambled eggs and breakfast potatoes (their was also supposed to be sausage, but the serving dish was empty (and refills did not arrive while we were there). We did have one complaint about the concierge lounge...it's not open on Friday evenings or Saturday mornings and so we missed evening snacks and Saturday breakfast. I guess the concierge lounge is oriented strictly to business travelers and Marriott neglects their weekend meeting/convention guests. Too bad. But this is still an excellent hotel. Before checking out, I asked the desk clerk where I could find some ice for my cooler. Instead of directing me to the nearest ice machine, he took my cooler and went off and filled it for us. Again, outstanding service!

Room Tip: Note: Free wifi is provided to gold elite frequent stayer program members. All others pay and it i...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
San Jose, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I was here for four nights and it was great. The staff was amazing, they always had a smile and acknowledged my presence with a simple hello everywhere I went. They even helped me to print my boarding pass when I was having trouble. The restaurant was great and the rooms were very neat, clean and well stocked. If I ever make it back out there again, I'm definitely staying here.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
judyblat, Manager at Indianapolis Marriott East, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Hi Kathy: Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. I have to agree with you that we are "the best Marriott" Thank you so much for sharing your opinion with us. Our staff works very hard to make sure our guests have a wonderful experience and I am glad we were able to do that for you. Our staff is very specical to us and I will be sure and pass on your comments and we will celebrate your wonderful comments. Have a great day and we look forward to seeing you again.

Judy Blattert
Assistant Genera Manager
Champaign, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Although this hotel was a little out of our way, we stayed there and were glad we did. The facility was impressive, the lobby exquisite, the service was friendly and attentive. Although the concierge room was under renovation, the staff accommodated us very nicely,

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple