“I love this hotel!!”

Indianapolis Marriott East
Ranked #1 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 13 December 2009

This hotel was amazing!
I was here for 3 nights, attending a convention. The staff at the front desk were lovely and helpful, and check-in was quick and easy.
My room was HUGE, and gorgeous! There was so much space, a king sized bed, large flat screen tv, internet access, plus a hair dryer, ironing board, coffee maker and other amenities. Beautifully decorated, and I had a beautiful view of the courtyard below.
I didn't use the pool, but it was indoors and heated. The gym was great, and there were computers in the lobby with free internet access. Internet in the rooms cost $9.95 a day - that was my only complaint (I like free internet included in the room!)
The staff here were just wonderful - they were always so cheerful, and they greeted me every time they saw me, which made my stay feel just that little bit nicer!
I highly recommend this hotel. I had a wonderful 3 day stay here!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo

Reviewed 15 November 2009

I enjoyed my stay at the Marriott Indianapolis East. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. The service at the Marriott was wonderful. the resteraunt served quality food, I enjoyed the fittness room. All in all the stay was very good.

Barbara Nelson

TAIT09

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 15 November 2009

The hotel is alright but definitely overpriced. Beds are fluffy and sheets are very nice. The rooms have flat screen televisions with HD; however, there are like 10 ESPN channels, HBO and nothing else! No MTV, BET, Bravo, Tvland or E! The hotel is clean but like previous reviews stated very old. Many signs of wear and tear. Rooms and bathrooms are not spacious at all. Bathroom is about the size of a stall at a restaurant. The walls are thin and I could hear drunk people yelling, screaming and slamming doors all night long! Also, a band started playing at around 7 am Sunday morning! It was sooo loud and annoying! The fitness center was totally busted. Half of the televisions did not work and only ESPN or news channels there, NO REMOTES! Half of the equipment was broken the other half will break soon. The staff was friendly but the hotel could use a lot of work. The restaurant buffet breakfast was very good, but some say expensive...not sure. Definitely would not stay here again because of the condition, lack of television channels and noise.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 October 2009

The hotel's nice, the inner courtyard renovation is finished and it's very nice. It's close to where I was having my meetings, so for me the location was great, but not if you want to be downtown or don't have a car. Dislikes: not in a rough neighborhood, but close to it; HAVE TO PAY FOR INTERNET - I avoid Marriots because of that, but internet is free in the lobby; in room internet connection was flaky; loud heating/cooling unit in the room; Likes: the courtyard; nice staff; hotel is in good shape

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 October 2009

Our national convention was held at this Marriott East Convention Center on East 21st street. They did a fabulous job, and we weren't an easy group to handle. The convention accomodations were wonderful. The staff was hard working, eager to please. The only regret was that you did not offer double queen rooms. Thank you MARRIOTT for a wonderful yearly event for us!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 October 2009

My husband and I got this room from Priceline for an excellent price. We were in Indy for a Colts game and while it is about a 10 minute ride to the stadium, it was close enough. We had gone downtown the night before and everything was packed with people. Because of that, we were glad to not be staying closer!
The reviews on here are horrible and I was really worried before we got to the hotel. We were very happy with it though. Our room was MUCH bigger than an average hotel room and looked to be recently remodeled. Our bed was comfortable and the large shower was a nice change from the basic tub/shower combo. We had a nice flatscreen tv and a mini fridge included in our room. This place is huge though so be prepared to walk to the bar/restaurant if you are in the back of the hotel. We ordered breakfast room service and it was delivered exactly when promised. While not great, it sufficed. I would stay here again for a game. It was close enough to drive, but far enough from all the action that it was very quiet. Our room was really nice and we were very pleased.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2009

This Marriott is rather dated and could use some remodeling. The bed was extremely comfortable but the wallpaper was falling off and the carpet is old and worn. Front desk staff very friendsly and helpful.

Not in the best part of town. I ventured out looking for some stores/restaurants using my GPS and very quickly drove into some scary/questionable areas. Not close to downtown or the major malls. I'll probably choose another area of Indy next time.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business