“Fantastic service, nice place”
Review of Omni Severin Hotel

Omni Severin Hotel
Ranked #15 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 3 December 2011

You can just tell how the employees are trained when you walk in. Everybody greets you, holds doors open, asks how they can help, etc. It's obviously something that management requires of its staff - that is, to be solid at customer service. On the day I left I was up too early for the breakfast buffet, so they converted my vouchers to the 24 hour service cafe, and I was able to have a decent breakfast before the main restaurant even opened - that was a real nice gesture.

The hotel is nice and easy to navigate. Lobby area is simple and open. Rooms are well appointed, but because they are older, may seem small. Bathrooms and closet space in particular are pretty small. But the room is up to date and stylish, and generally quite pleasant. Internet was included with my rate - worked fine.

The location is good with indoor skywalk access to nearby points, and about 1 block from the main convention center. The hotel is adjacent to a shopping mall, which some might find convenient.

I was very pleased with my stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank SEIdahoThomas

Reviewed 1 December 2011

This hotel aspires to be a premium property, and the lobby and hallways have that flavor. But there is less there than meets the eye. The beds are just so-so. The climate control in meeting rooms is terrible. The housekeeping and room maintenace are problematic. There was something gooey on the floor of my bathroom and a non-working electrical outlet. Neither was tended to, despite promises from the front desk. The next day I picked up the city magazine in the room and found a huge piece of gum stuck to the bottom. In addition, there are signs of wear, including badly stained grout in the sink and tub. I reported the smell of gas in the hallway. It turned out to be a chemical smell from a nearby factory, but no one got back to me to tell me. And when there was a mistake on my bill, instead of taking my word for the fact that my group had breakfast coupons (I had one to show them), I was made to stand at the desk while the clerk leafed through all the previous day's breakfast receipts. And then our group's master billing seemed to fall through--our credit cards were charged instead. This hotel needs a major managerial and physical upgrading.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are pretty but cold in the winter.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Achillea
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Severin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2011

We could have done a far better job of making a good impression during your stay and we didn't. We should have addressed your inquiry about the smell as well as the housekeeping issues in a prompt manner. We apologize and we will follow up with our housekeeping, front desk and accounting staff to improve upon the errors we made.

Reviewed 14 November 2011

We actually just arrived home today and felt the need to write a review right away. The hotel was as good as I expected it to be. Our room was clean and pretty big. The location was ideal and probably the selling point. Since we were in te city for the colts game it was so convenient that it was only about a 10 minute walk..if that! The hotel has a special skywalks enterance connecting it the the circle centre mall and it was great during those windy days. All in all I would stay there again and again...just love Indy!!! Can't wait to return!

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank jessberger1986
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Severin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2011

We're glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you had a great time at the game. Come back soon!

Reviewed 12 November 2011

Nice quiet hotel in downtown Indianapolis. A couple long hairs in sink, but.. overall it's ok.
Only thing is ,,, no bus parking on site... bummer.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Chrome1007
Reviewed 9 November 2011

The Omni was great. The location is excellent. We walked to Circle Center in just a few minutes. We traveled to Indianapolis for an event at Lucas Oil Stadium and it was only a block away which was very convenient. We walked back at night and always felt safe because of the short distance. The valets were wonderful. Very efficient. There was a wedding party leaving at the same time as we were checking out and they still had the car in a matter of minutes. The room was clean and simple. We found the toilet very short which seemed a little odd but it was completely functional and very clean. The staff was polite and able to quickly answer any questions we had. The only thing that frustrated me a little was the heating/cooling system. I am not sure if it is because it is older but when it kicks on it is very loud. I am not a light sleeper but woke up several times when it kicked on. I have no complaints about the actual system because our room was always at the temp we set but the noise was a bit loud. The minifridge is right next to the bed as well and everytime the compressor kicked on it was loud. I seriously considered unplugging it. These are very trivial complaints though and I wouldn't hold them against the hotel. They do provide ear plugs which I utilized. All in all I would stay here again and would recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends

We do apologize for the heating/cooling system noise. The system shouldn't be that loud when activated, so in the event that it is loud please give us a call so we can take a look at it. We took a look at all systems and updated them during our renovation but we want to make certain that our guests get a good night's sleep.

Reviewed 3 November 2011

I travel to Indy quite a bit for work and the Omni is wonderful. The staff are all so friendly. The rooms are a nice size. Great location to Lucas Oil Stadium and lots of nice restaurants and bars. I like to valet my car because they give you a bottle of water when you get your car. Silly, I know, but that is a refreshing treat!

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Kelly B

It's great to hear you enjoy staying with us. Thanks for the feedback. The bottle of water is one of the little things we do to make life just a little easier. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

The Omni Severin in Indy is a really pretty hotel. It connects to the mall, and is within walking distance of many attractions. The restaurant is okay (but in my opinion not worth the price). They have great customer service, and a great lobby!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends