“Wonderful Stay!!”

Ranked #12 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Fort Wright, Kentucky
“Wonderful Stay!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Omni Severin this weekend. I have stayed at quite a few of the hotels in downtown Indy, and this one was far and away the best. What sets them apart from all of the others is their service. We were greated very warmly at the valet. We were asked what brought us to the Omni and we let them know we were celebrating our wedding anniversary, to which we were told, "Happy Anniversary" several times. At check in, we were asked the same question and received the same pleasant anniversary wishes from several of those working in the area. After we returned from our evening out on Friday night, we returned to find our bed covered with rose petals, a bottle of wine and glasses, along with chocolate covered strawberries and a card signed by several of the staff. So impressive!!! We were also very impressed with those working in the Severin Bar. They were so nice and very friendly. We had some small hiccups - the shower on our last day was not exactly warm and a bit a wait to retrieve our car from valet. But those 2 things were absolutely minor in comparison to the whole experience. You can bet we'll be back!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Emily_M1102
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Severin Hotel, responded to this review, 19 November 2012
Congratulations on your anniversary! We're glad you chose to stay with us for your celebration. We hope it was a special time, and we welcome you to come back anytime.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Polish first
Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2012

My family surprised me and two of my friends from college with a stay at the Omni for my 40th birthday. They purchased the shopping package, so I received a Simon giftcard, coupons, and other goodies upon arrival. The hotel was beautiful and the staff made me feel so special. We walked to the world famous St. Elmo's Steakhouse for dinner. The hotel is directly connected to Circle Centre Mall. We returned in the evening to find a birthday card from the front office staff, a plate of chocolate covered strawberries, and a small bottle of chilled sparkling wine! All of the staff I came in contact with, including Carmen the Director of Rooms, was extremely helpful and friendly. We had the breakfast buffet Sunday morning and it was fabulous. My girlfriends and I are already planning another weekend getaway and hope to come back soon! Thank you Omni staff!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Super_Mom777
collingwood
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2012

If you're looking for a basic, centrally located hotel that's clean and has a great breakfast buffet, look no further.

If you value privacy in your room ....this may not be the place for you.

Check-in was a smooth and friendly process and the spacious room was adequate. However, following check-in on 2 seperate occasions, the door to my room was opened without knocking by - presumably - housekeeping staff but I'm not entirely sure. I addressed my concern with the front desk and was left feeling uneasy about the whole thing. How could I be sure this wouldn't happen during the remainder of my stay? I was assured by the front desk staff and supervisor that this was not normal practise and their attempt at service recovery was greatly appreciated however, did little to ensure my security.

Aside from that, the only other down is the bathroom which is entirely too small and out of date (think, peeling wallpaper and mineral stains in the toilet & tub).

On the plus side, the breakfast buffet and service was the best I've had / experienced anywhere. The selection was incredible and it featured options for guests with dietary restrictions (think, gluten-free bread, soy milk, cashew nut butter) which I enjoyed and appreciated. It's not often that you see that, especially when most of the surrounding food choices involve deep fried this or greasy, flavourless that.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the ice machine!!!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank jkaden
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Severin Hotel, responded to this review, 1 November 2012
We do apologize that housekeeping entered your room on two separate occasions without making their presence fully known. We certainly didn't want to give you the impression that we take security lightly. We're glad you enjoyed the selection of food and options for dietary restrictions. Many guests have complimented us on it, and we feel it's important that everyone have the option to eat without worrying about allergies. We're sorry that your bathroom had peeling wallpaper. We completed a full renovation of all rooms in January, so please let us know if any part of the room isn't up to our standards and we'll do our best to relocate you to another room.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2012

We were going to a Colts game and wanted a place that we would not have to drive to and from on that Sunday. We ended up getting a package that included our room and breakfast the next morning. There is actually a connection point between this hotel and the mall so you can easily go shopping and go visit the city. It is a valet only so your car will be taken care of for your entire stay but it also costs extra. Although a little pricey, the breakfast was amazing. They make the food for you right there and there is also plenty of fresh fruit and treats! The staff was wonderful and the rooms were beautiful. If we are able to get a good deal, we will definitely be returning to this hotel for another game.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ej9718
Fishers, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012

Stayed at the hotel this past weekend for a wedding. Arrived at hotel at 3PM (stated in check-in time) only to discover that room was not ready since it hadn't been cleaned yet. Front-desk staff would not give me an estimate as to when room would be ready. Expressed my frustration to desk staff as my family was part of the wedding party and needed to be available for pictures for the wedding that was starting in a couple of hours. Front desk offered a weak apology for the delay and might as well have said "too bad". We were forced to get ready in another room. Room was finally ready around 4PM and we had to leave wedding festivities to get our luggage situated. When I stopped at front desk again to express my frustration about the situation I was again given a weak apology. If a hotel has a check-in time of 3PM then I believe the room should be ready at that time.

It is really unfortunate that this service issue tarnished our stay as this is a beautiful property in a good location and most of the staff went out of their way to be helpful. I have stayed in several other wonderful hotels in downtown Indy (Conrad, Westin) without any issue - for this reason I wouldn't recommend a stay at the Omni.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank eev2006
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Severin Hotel, responded to this review, 23 October 2012
We would like to apologize for not having your room ready at 3 p.m. and also apologize for any lack of sincerity or weak apology from our staff. We were managing a sold out night and with many check-ins and check-outs were unable to have your room clean by 3 p.m. Our director of rooms has tried contacting you by phone and email, but we have not heard back regarding this matter. We regret the error and will note this incident on your guest profile. We hope to hear from you so we can resolve this matter.
Plano, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2012

Thisi s my 4th stay. I love the beverage being brought to my room every morning and the free items they will press for you. I like that if you are in the lobby working they will bring you a glass of water without being asked.

• Stayed October 2012
Orwigsburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Omni Severin, Indianapolis. I don't have enough words of praise for this Hotel. Everyone working at this location treated us like royalty and we are just an old retired couple from Pa. ALL employee's with a friendly greeting and always a smile. The ambiance is elegant, beautiful. The rooms are very comfortable and spotless clean.We had a balcony and used it daily. Service is impeccable. We asked for extra coffee for our room and someone was at the door within 3 minutes. (WOW) Location is beyond belief walking distance to Lucas Oil Stadium, the convention center and sky walk to the Circle Center Mall, numerous restaurants, museum and shows. And please visit the 1913 restaurant at the hotel. Buffet breakfast is to die for. Stay at the Omni you won't be disappointed. We are going again in November and booked for the Indy 500 in May.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family