“Great Service, Great Location”
Review of Omni Severin Hotel

Omni Severin Hotel
Ranked #13 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Mount Vernon
“Great Service, Great Location”
Reviewed 12 November 2012

From the valet to the front desk to housekeeping every member of the staff was very nice and helpful in any and every way. My wife and I stayed the weekend of Nov. 9 through Nov. 11 and couldn't have been happier. The hotel is beautiful and in a wonderful location. It is directly across from Union Station and is walking distance to Lucas Oil Stadium, Banker's Life Fieldhouse, Monument Circle, White River Park and numerous restaurants and shopping.
Our room was small but very clean, updated, comfortable and quiet. There was a marching band competition at Lucas Oil the weekend we stayed and at times we would encounter hundreds of teenagers in the lobby, but we never heard any noise on our floor or in our room.
When we left checkout was simple and the valet literally ran to the garage to get our vehicle. While he was getting our car, two other valets asked if we had been helped and if they could update us on the status of our retreval. We had an amazing experience and would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Polish first
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 November 2012

When you thought personalized service was gone, here swoops in the Omni Severin - undoubtly the best hotel I've ever stayed in when it comes to service. From when the cab dropped me off to my departure my expectations were exceeded. There is plenty of staff to assist in anything you need. I stayed on the 11th floor facing the old train station, amazing view. The fitness center has durable equipment with towels, water and cable TV. There is a hidden secret that just opened up that I didn't find until night two - a small bar with wonderful service. Misty was amazing as the bartender both nights - thank you!

Our convention was at the JW Marriott and it was a quick stroll - outside or in - and I have to say, I wasn't impressed by the service when I walked through the front door. The building was beautiful, but nothing on the service provided at the Omni, actually the bartender at our private reception last night was downright rude.

Oops, almost forgot...there is a Starbucks in the hotel and Ben was one of the nicest baristas I've met. Was a superb visit.

Room Tip: The hotel is attached to the mall - great location!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 10 November 2012

I spent three nights in mid-October at the Omni Severin while traveling on business. The location is good...right in downtown and literally across the street from the old Union train station. This is my second business stay in Indianapolis (my first was at the Hilton Garden Inn off Monument Circle). The rooms are a good size and the bed was comfortable. A goodly supply of towels in the bathroom, although the towels were stacked onto a low table beneath the sink which jutted out (due to the u-pipe beneath the sink) and I ran my shin into it more than once.

Good water pressure in the shower, although the tub is very low, so didn't really lend itself to a luxurious soak after a long day, I'm afraid. If you're an Omni Loyalty member, you get free WiFi during your stay + free bottled water. You also can get a free pot of coffee (w/cream & sugar) delivered to your room in the morning. The entire staff was incredibly friendly & dedicated to making sure my stay was comfortable. There was not a single time that I asked for something where I wasn't taken care of immediately. As an aside, part of the hotel is still in an historic hotel building from the early 1900s. In fact, the original lobby is still there, located behind the new, modern one. It's gorgeous and is now used for private functions.

The ONLY downside to my stay was that I specifically requested a "quiet room, away from the elevator" in my reservation. This is also specified in my Omni Loyalty preferences and I reiterated the request upon check-in. When I got to my room, I couldn't have been booked in a room closer to the elevator without being in the actual elevator! The room's door literally faced the elevators!! I called down to the desk immediately and they moved me promptly to a different room (actually 2 doors away from my travelling companion) which fit the bill. I also received several communications from the hotel manager during my stay apologizing for the mix-up. I truly appreciate that they handled the issue so quickly, but I guess I still don't 100% understand how it happened in the first place. It's the only reason I knocked this review down 1 star.

I would definitely stay here, again and, despite the mix-up with my room, think the Omni Severin is a great hotel in Indianapolis.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms that face the elevator. Can be a tad loud while folks are waiting.
Reviewed 5 November 2012 via mobile

I attended a weeding a few weekends ago at this hotel also stayed for two nights. First of all, our stay was wonderful. The hotel staff was so pleasant and helpful in every way. The room was clean and very pleasant. I felt very comfortable there and wished I could have stayed longer in this great hotel and fantastic city. I am already looking forward to a return visit and no question will stay at this hotel. They also did a wonderful job with all the wedding preparations. The beautiful rooms where the wedding was held was very impressive. Great job to all at the Omni. I was a guest and was very impressed with it all. I travel a lot and am very fussy about my lodging... Very happy

Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Greensburg, Indiana
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Fine place to be able to stay the night life enjoy the downtown scene, rooms are the best, but you are paying for the best......I think the valet service is a touch high , an four dollar candy bars.....:) please:) anyway the rooms are clean an fresh,,,,,,,,an the lady whom at the reservation desk added a smile an enjoyed her job,,,,,,,,,also she remembered my name the next morning.........another fine stay at the Omni Indy.......

Room Tip: always plan ahead............
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I stayed here on a business trip recently and found the hotel to be great overall. The rooms were large and clean, the bathroom was well stocked and spotless (although some of my work colleagues did mention they found their bathroom a little on the small side and there were 2 days where my shower wasn't particularly hot as the FFA was in town and the hotel was most likely booked to full). The staff were very friendly and there was always fresh fruit and water available at reception. Its within walking distance of a number of restaurants and the shopping center. I was there for almost 3 weeks and will return again soon for another 2 weeks.

Batavia, Illinois
Reviewed 5 November 2012

This is a nice hotel in the heart of downtown Indianapolis. The rooms are extra large and clean and comfortable. The staff is nice, friendly and helpful. I did not eat at the hotel so I can't comment on that, but they did have a Starbucks located in the lobby which I thought was convenient. The only downside was the parking. It was 30.00 a day and I didn't know this. It is valet style, and they are right there to greet you. I just wish it was included with the price of the stay or a little less.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Severin Hotel, responded to this review, 19 November 2012
We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We're sorry if the valet parking fee wasn't clearly communicated. While we don't have self park options at the hotel, there are various garages and street parking available downtown near the hotel as well.