“Horrible experience” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Horrible experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

I would not stay at this hotel again because the day I checked out, the bell hop came to my room to get my luggage. I placed my laptop bag on the cart and the bellhop proceeded to load the rest of the luggage. We went down the elevator together and as I was checking out, he went outside and loaded all of my belongings in the wrong vehicle. When I noticed my laptop was missing, I contacted the hotel and it has been a nightmare ever since. I have been passed around to various staff members, all of which promise me that they will "check into it and call me back", which has not happened. The only time I get a response is when I call the hotel. The latest news is that I was told that since they cannot prove that the laptop was on the cart that basically it is not their responsibility. When asked about the video/surveillance cameras, I was told that the footage is no longer available BUT they have a detailed report from when some of their staff watched the footage. This has been going on for about 6 weeks now and I have now accepted the fact that my laptop was lost or stolen due to their staff members error and that they refuse to take responsibility.

This is after the three days I spent in the hotel in which the room I paid for in advance was not available when I arrived. I was woken up at 3am by kids running down the halls knocking on doors. The elevators broke down twice and I was stuck in the basement near the pool, having to go through back rooms and hallways with their staff to get back out since all of the other doors were locked and the key cards would not unlock them.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank paul_j_wood
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Severin Hotel, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Thank you for the feedback from your stay in November. We recognize the inconvenience that the elevators caused to you, other guests and associates. The issue has been fixed since then. As we have spoken throughout the weeks, we share the same frustration in not being able to resolve the laptop issue to everyone's satisfaction. We have made calls to a few Marriott hotels in the area as you mentioned you had a meeting at a Marriott during your stay, as well as watched security camera footage and spoken to our valet and bellmen about the incident. As per our last conversation, we continue to be available to discuss further.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Polish first
Westlake Village, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

Excellent service and accommodations. Hotel connected to the mall and convention center, which made it a prime location. Also walking distance to great night life. Hotel restaurant was superb and not crowded.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

Beautiful loft room with spiral staircase for my husband and twin girls. Gave us all privacy, with king room upstairs. Great space for the price. centrally located in the heart of downtown Indianapolis. Lovely patio, with a splended view of the city.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

West Lafayette, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

The hotel was great. They upgrade our room since were had children to give us a little more room. The rewards program is great as it entitles you to so many additional amenities. Having the hotel connected to the mall and close to many activities was nice as well. The free children's gift bags were a big hit as was the nightly turn down service.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Fishers, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

We spent NYE here and it was the perfect location. We were right across the street from Union Station were we attended the Masquarade Ball. The hotel is connected to circle center mall. We were just a few blocks from Lucas Oil Stadium, Bankers Life Arena and the Convention center. We could see all of this from our suite, which had a king bed with tv and a separate seating area with sofa sleeper and tv. It had a desk and we had free wifi for being in their guest club. There was a balcony and windows on 3 walls. The bathroom was small, but nice with a rain shower head and tub. Only 1 sink, but a large mirror. A hairdryer, iron and ironing board were available in rm. There were also 2 closets with mirrors. We were very pleased with our stay. Check in and out were very easy. We parked next door in the open lot for $20 (non event nights only $20) and could see the car from our room. Starbucks in on site, as well as a bar and a restaurant.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hctravelers
OmniSeverinGM, General Manager at Omni Severin Hotel, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback from you recent stay and for allowing us to be your host as you began the New Year. We hope to welcome you back the next time a special occasion brings you to downtown Indianapolis.
Edinburgh, In, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

Friendly staff and efficient service. Clean rooms and hotel throughout. Hotel is located only a short walk to sports facilities, restaurants, theaters and huge indoor shopping mall. Museums and Zoo are close by. The hotel has no on site parking. Self-parking garages are a short distance from hotel; the parking rate increases during sporting and other events.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Alexandria, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

Extremely pleased with our rooms -- adjoining for our family -- which is hard to find. We enjoyed the milk and cookies brought to us upon check-in. Pool was a very comfortable temp and size. Great location in downtown!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family