“omni sevrin downtown”

Ranked #17 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
long island new york, United States
“omni sevrin downtown”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

very nice hotel in downtown area if you are coming into indy for a convention or a football game this is the one to stay at.ive been staying here for close to 20 years and they have never dissapointed me.very good value for the buck and close to everything downtown convention hall,lucas oil stadium and circle center mall as well as st.elmos steakhouse.the pool and workout center are a plus.all within walking distance of many resturaunts and bars..

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Severin Hotel, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
We really appreciate you coming and staying with us for 20 years. Thanks for taking the time to post a review and let us know that’s we’re doing a good job. We look forward to your next visit, and if there’s anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable please let us know.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Polish first
Freedom, United States
Reviewed 6 January 2014

The accommodations were very nice and the rate was reasonable. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Will definitely stay again. The valet parking was just $5 more then what it costs at a nearby parking garage. The location was perfect to take in all the sites that Indianapolis has to offer. It is a great city to visit and spend some time.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 3 January 2014

A snow storm thwarted our plans to travel to Chicago yesterday, and on a whim, we decided to stay in Indianapolis. We found a great deal on a room at the Omni Severin, and were both extremely satisfied. Upon arrival, we found a parking lot directly across the street that was lower than valet (at the crown plaza). When we checked in (most likely due to the storm) we were given an upgrade to a bigger room with a view of downtown. The staff was friendly and welcoming. The hotel is GORGEOUS...restored magnificently. Our room was spacious and very clean. We realized as we headed out for drinks that the hotel is connected to the Circle Center Mall, so we were able to travel many city blocks inside the warm bustling mall.
As a huge bonus, we could see the Mikado (a fantastic, though pricey) sushi restaurant from our window and treated ourselves to some great fish.
Overall, I would return to this beautiful hotel again and recommend it to others who like to frequent places where old charm meet modern convenience.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RachelH872
Indianapolis, United States
Reviewed 3 January 2014

My partner and I could not have found a more accommodating or competent hotel staff. All the amenities were excellent and the downtown location was ideal. Having a Starbucks on site was an exceptional convenience and the fitness center/pool provided everything we're accustomed to having at home.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank James S
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I would not stay at this hotel again because the day I checked out, the bell hop came to my room to get my luggage. I placed my laptop bag on the cart and the bellhop proceeded to load the rest of the luggage. We went down the elevator together and as I was checking out, he went outside and loaded all of my belongings in the wrong vehicle. When I noticed my laptop was missing, I contacted the hotel and it has been a nightmare ever since. I have been passed around to various staff members, all of which promise me that they will "check into it and call me back", which has not happened. The only time I get a response is when I call the hotel. The latest news is that I was told that since they cannot prove that the laptop was on the cart that basically it is not their responsibility. When asked about the video/surveillance cameras, I was told that the footage is no longer available BUT they have a detailed report from when some of their staff watched the footage. This has been going on for about 6 weeks now and I have now accepted the fact that my laptop was lost or stolen due to their staff members error and that they refuse to take responsibility.

This is after the three days I spent in the hotel in which the room I paid for in advance was not available when I arrived. I was woken up at 3am by kids running down the halls knocking on doors. The elevators broke down twice and I was stuck in the basement near the pool, having to go through back rooms and hallways with their staff to get back out since all of the other doors were locked and the key cards would not unlock them.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank paul_j_wood
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Severin Hotel, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Thank you for the feedback from your stay in November. We recognize the inconvenience that the elevators caused to you, other guests and associates. The issue has been fixed since then. As we have spoken throughout the weeks, we share the same frustration in not being able to resolve the laptop issue to everyone's satisfaction. We have made calls to a few Marriott hotels in the area as you mentioned you had a meeting at a Marriott during your stay, as well as watched security camera footage and spoken to our valet and bellmen about the incident. As per our last conversation, we continue to be available to discuss further.
Westlake Village, United States
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Excellent service and accommodations. Hotel connected to the mall and convention center, which made it a prime location. Also walking distance to great night life. Hotel restaurant was superb and not crowded.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Beautiful loft room with spiral staircase for my husband and twin girls. Gave us all privacy, with king room upstairs. Great space for the price. centrally located in the heart of downtown Indianapolis. Lovely patio, with a splended view of the city.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family