Omni Severin Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Columbia Club(Indianapolis)
2,639 results
All reviewsconvention centervalet parkingdowntown indianapoliswithin walking distancegreat hotellucas oil stadiumthe hotel staffvalet servicerestaurants and barsunion stationcolts gamenice staybusiness tripmalllobbystarbuckswedding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 February 2014

The staff is tip top, the rooms are lovely, the lobby is spacious. I have been here many times. I love the natural flavor water and an apple I can grab in the lobby. I find the amenities to be excellent. I love the linens. The housekeeping staff is efficient and good.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
OmniSeverinGM, General Manager at Omni Severin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay at the Omni Severin Hotel. Thank you also for the positive comments about our staff, guest rooms, and amenities. It is always great to hear positive feedback from our guests. We appreciate your continued loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

We just stayed at the Omni Severin this weekend. The staff was wonderful from the time we arrived to check out. We were upgraded to a larger king room without even asking. The room was very nice and clean. You CANNOT beat this location in Indianapolis. It is attached to the mall by skywalk. It is within walking distance to several nice restaurants including St. Elmo's, Harry and Izzy's, PF Chang, and The Ram. Lucas Oil is very close also. We had drinks at the bar and enjoyed the company of Will, the mixologist, and had some great cocktails. There was a wedding in the hotel the evening we arrived so we didn't get to see the ballrooms. The next morning, one of the bellman took the time to show us the ballroom areas and give us some history of the hotel. I didn't catch his name, (started with an E?) but he was great. Thank you for a great stay. The breakfast was excellent too! For those who complain about the price of the buffet, stay at a Motel 6. This is downtown Indianapolis at a luxury hotel!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 12th floor. Ask for a view of Lucas Oil. It was great.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I was in a wedding based out of the Omni Severin a few weeks ago. While the reception (dinner, dancing, etc) was excellent, I was not satisfied with my overall experience at the hotel. For what is supposed to be one of the nicest hotels in Indianapolis, I was not impressed. Here are he highlights: -After the rehearsal dinner, we came back to the Severin Bar and sat in the lounge area. It took 40 minutes to get a round of drinks. We notified the staff twice that we had not been waited on, and ultimately just stood at the bar and ordered because it was apparent that nobody was coming to help us. -The water pressure in the shower is among the worst I have ever experienced in a hotel. One group attending the wedding actually lost shower water all together for some period. They were reimbursed by receiving free breakfast coupons. -The bathroom counter was very small...maybe 4 inches on either side of the sink. I could not even store essential toiletries without them falling into the sink. -We requested a rag to use for shoe shining so we did not ruin a washcloth with shoe polish. The front desk insisted that someone would come shine our shoes for us, but they never showed up. -Upon checkout, I noticed that I was charged twice for the breakfast buffet. Due to a miscommunication with a friend, we had each filled out a receipt with my name/room on it. It took a painful amount of explanation to the restaurant manager for him to understand that I did not consume the buffet twice. They charge was eventually dropped. Over all the hotel is a very nice place, but for the price and reputation it definitely did not fulfill my expectations.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Severin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

We apologize for the lack of attentive service you experienced at Severin Bar. Our assistant food and beverage manager has reached out to you directly to find out more about your experience, especially to find out what day you were there, who you spoke to and any other interactions you had with our servers. We only want to improve and make sure this doesn’t happen again, so we appreciate any feedback. We are also sorry for the breakfast charge issue, and have refunded the price of both buffets for the inconvenience. Our service during your stay was lacking, and we wish the quality of service and the rooms had matched the wedding reception.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Nice hotel, but housekeeping failed to clean the room following our first night. When it was reported to the front desk, nothing was done. Location of then hotel is good if you are attending an event at the football stadium or basketball arena. I have stayed in Omni hotels in the past and have had excellent service and overall good value...the Indianapolis Omni is clearly an exception. NOT worth it!!! OMNI Prices...Motel 6 Service!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

We will pass along this review to our housekeeping department. Accidentally forgetting to clean a room is one thing, but we are sorry we didn’t follow through with your request. But as you can see from our review this is not a common occurrence, and we have a majority of positive reviews. We hope you’ll forgive our error and consider staying with us again despite our mistake.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 February 2014

this is a nice hotel, have stayed here 2 times now. our last visit was great and I have no complaints as to the staff etc. I am unhappy that my kids came home ill and it all points back to the pool, no matter what way I look at it. and when I called the hotel to tell them about it, they didn't seem to take any responsibility or even believe it could be the hotel pool. I am still waiting on a call back and possibly an answer to the illnesses.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Severin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

We’re sorry that your kids came home ill after your last stay with us. Our front office manager spoke with you recently, and afterwards we tested the water in the pool and the results came back normal. We also had a health inspector check on the pool and those results came back normal as well. It was her understanding that you were travelling as a group with a cheerleader team. While the pool was busy that weekend with other children using the pool, we have not received any reports of other illnesses. Regardless of what caused the issue, we take the health of our guests very seriously. We hope your children made a quick and full recovery.