“The hotel of choice in downtown Indy.”
Review of Omni Severin Hotel

Omni Severin Hotel
Ranked #13 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 12 January 2011

The hotel staff is what sets the hotel apart. They are very attentive and helpful (except whoever the bartender after midnight on New Years Eve '10, she was very rude.) I loved the classic and rich decoration used throughout the hotel. The rooms are beautiful especially the penthouse with the full deck and window! The TVs are outdated, but are to be replaced soon. The bath was gorgeous, with adequate water pressure and plenty of towels.

The only problem I have is I was charged and additional overnight valet parking fee, $27 which is very high. I have not called to question this yet.

If this gets taking care of I will be referring all my business relations, friends and family to this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Severin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2011

Thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review of your stay. We appreciate you sharing your experience with your fellow travelers. We're glad our biscuits and gravy passed your test along with the rest of our breakfast buffet. Thanks for choosing to celebrate New Year's Eve with us and we hope you'll come back and check out our new rooms after the renovation is complete.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,521)

Reviewed 3 January 2011

I was pleasantly surprised at the ease of accessing things from my hotel in this metropolitan area. Restaurants, bars, cafes, theaters, sports, shopping are all VERY easy to access. The staff was extremely helpful with suggestions and directions. Although the hotel is scheduled for a renovation in the next few months, I thought it was in good shape despite some outdated decor.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 January 2011

I was lucky enough to spend New Year's Eve downtown Indy with some great friends, and staying at the Omni made it even better. It is right across the street from the bar that we rang in the new year at, Ike & Jonesy's, and the property is just gorgeous.

When we checked in, we heard the celebration in the ballroom of a couple having their wedding party, and then were going to be married at midnight! The Omni is definitely a beautiful place to have a wedding if you are looking for a spot in Indy. The ballroom is so elegant, and the age of the hotel gives it a very unique and royal feel.

The front desk and Severin Bar & Grille staff all had wonderful personalities. My last experience with the Omni in St Louis combined with this stay at the Omni in Indy has me convinced that the Omni really makes it a point to make excellent service the top priority when looking for talent to add to their teams.

Our room was absolutely wonderful. The beds were very, very comfortable and spacious (it probably also helped that I'd been drinking :) ). But in all seriousness, I almost didn't want to leave the hotel because the room was that great. We brought our Wii with us also, so we were able to play video games after our night out, and there wasn't anything that I can say needed to be improved upon with the room.

Breakfast in the morning was great. I am a bit of a biscuits & gravy connoisseur, and there aren't many that I've had that I give my approval on. The Severin B's & G's passed. The omelet station had a nice variety of toppings to choose from. There was plenty of fresh fruit, plus fruit & yogurt parfaits pre-made. Coffee was strong.... Just the way I like it. Seating was comfortable and roomy.

Next time, I would like to try out the pool, and take a bit more of a tour so I can get more pictures. I do know that they are getting ready to start room renovations, so I will be excited to get back to check out what else they will do to make the already beautiful hotel even better.

The location is perfect for folks coming to town for conventions, sporting events, families wanting to visit Indy, as well as anyone looking to walk around downtown and do some bar hopping and dancing. The hotel is right in the center of the bar district, so it eliminates cab fees and driving. I will definitely stay with the Omni Severin again, and I also recommend it to anyone looking for a place to stay while in Indy.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 31 December 2010

We stayed one night for a quick family getaway with our grown children. Rooms are large. Beds are great, though some family members had trouble finding the right pillow. TVs were outdated (smallish tubes!?) but channel selection was good. Bathrooms needed updating but were spotless. This is not a new hotel so if that's what you need look elsewhere, but the value was unbeatable - half the price of the Westin, Conrad, etc. and much nicer than the budget hotels for only slightly more. We got the breakfast buffet add on for only $6 per person, and that's a steal for the quality and selection of the buffet.

Overall this was a great value and a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2010

Hotel was nicely decorated for the holidays. Service is attentive and efficient. Yes, rooms are dated but it is an older hotel. Booked penthouse room which had a great balcony and view of monument, would be great room in warmer months. Hotel is connected to the mall via skyway which is nice.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business

We're in the middle of updating all our rooms to give them the modern amenities you expect with a classic design. Please come back soon and see the improvements we've been making.

Reviewed 17 December 2010

I booked this hotel to celebrate my wifes birthday. The staff was great, they left us some wine and delicious chocolate covered strawberries. The room was nice and clean. Location was perfect for a night on the town. Shopping, food and bars, cant beat that!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 December 2010

Very nice staff. Clean rooms. AC out of control, but was promptly attended to and fixed. Also a slight issue with bill, but again, the issue was solved rather quickly

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business