“Group experience...eh, it's ok”

Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel
Ranked #47 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Columbus, Ohio
“Group experience...eh, it's ok”
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Was with a large group...it was ok. Had issues with homophobic guests and staff. Will really question whether or not I'll go back to this event because of the experience here.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Good beds here. Other than that nothing spectacular about this hotel. The room layout is a bit odd and the bathroom could be nicer.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
SheratonIndyGM, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, 21 September 2011
Thank you for your recent review and stay with us at the Sheraton Indianapolis. We appreciate your business and the positive comment about our beds. I also appreciate your candor regarding the building and bathroom layout. I use customer comments such as yours to help the company make valuable decisions about potential upgrades to the property. I hope that you will continue to stay with when visiting the Indianapolis area.
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 17 September 2011

Small rooms and dated layout contributed to the poor quality of my 12 days here.
The laundry service lost one of my socks and the management response was to inform me socks were available for sale in the gift shop.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Thaddeus11212
Dear Guest,
You brought to our attention that your visit with our hotel was less than satisfactory. We are extremely distressed to learn of the inconvenience you encountered during your stay with us due to the room layout and dated look. It appears that we had an opportunity to respond to a service failure and again failed. Once more, I apologize for the response you received from my associate.

Quality staff and guest satisfaction are very important to us, and we deeply regret we failed in this regard. I can assure you that steps will be taken to ensure this does not happen in the future.

Michael George

Travellers are raving about these Indianapolis hotels

Tallahassee, Fl
Reviewed 15 September 2011

I have to post a comment here after my latest encounter with 'Rada' - staff @ the front desk. I've made 4 visits for business over the past year and stayed @ The Sheraton for 3 of them. Rada made a point of remembering my name after checkin on stay #1 and greeted me by name each time she saw me after that. On my trip to Indy last week, I was unable to get a room due to a convention, so had to book elsewhere. However, a coworker was checking in @ The Sheraton (at the end of my trip, so rooms were available again) and I walked into the lobby with him. Rada was at the desk and as soon as she saw me, she smiled and greeted me by name. The amazing thing is, the last time she saw me was April! She always goes out of her way to make me and my coworkers feel welcome, saying hello and greeting us by name. She's working in the right industry and The Sheraton should make sure they hold onto her.

The hotel is conveniently located, the beds are comfortable and the bar has decent food and the price was right for a stay downtown. Nothing fancy, but certainly clean and comfortable. There is a fitness room (small). The only problem I ran into was during a visit in early April. My room got a bit stuffy and I was unable to get AC (The hotel explained that due to the type of heating/cooling system they had, they could set it on heat OR cool - and based on the outside temp, it was on heat).

I would go back and would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room upgrade, they do have suites and it never hurts to ask:)
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
SheratonIndyGM, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, 22 September 2011
Thank you for the nice comments about Rada. She is certainly one of our finest associates. It is truly amazing that she is able to remember the guest’s name especially considering the volume of guest interactions she encounters. I will be sure to pass along your comments to Rada and I will personally nominate her for Associate of the month for September. My fear, as you mentioned above, is to try to keep her within the Sheraton family as there are many choices of employment in Indianapolis. Rest assured that I make it a priority to interact with the staff on a daily basis and monitor the moral of the team.
Regarding the air conditioning at the hotel, my company has recognized some inadequacies in this area and we have begun to schedule some upgrades.
We look forward to accommodating you during your next visit to Indianapolis. If an upgrade is available during your visit, we will happy to accommodate you!
Thanks again,
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 September 2011

This is essentially a decent hotel situated in the Indianapolis city center, right around the "circle"; thus making it a good location if you have business downtown or with anyone in the Government as the Capital is right there. The convention center is also nearby.
Rooms are pretty much standard, and comfortable, as one finds in any major city center hotel.
The staff is uniformly polite and courteous. There are several eating options around the hotel within walking distance. Overall, it is a good value for money for a short stay.
We stayed here for one night in the first week of September.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate the positive comments and suggestions in our never ending quest to provide the best experience for our guests during their stay.

You mention the monuments that are close to the hotel. We happen to use that as a Point of distinction for our property. We have “Amazing Monuments Amazingly close” and monument circle (Lady Liberty) is right next to the hotel. Thank you for recognizing this distinct feature regarding our location.
We look forward to seeing you during your next visit to Indianapolis.
Regards,
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 12 September 2011

There were a ridiculous number of things that could be better at this particular Sheraton. While the hotel is downtown, the area around it is not all that desirable while other hotels are all grouped together near the convention center. For almost $200 a night, there was no shuttle from the airport or service of any kind aside from city-supplied transport. The pool was out of towels more often than not and on the fourth day our room wasn't even tidied up, though the trash was emptied which made no sense. No food was offered in the price and the business center was attached to the bar so it wasn't exactly quiet. The Fitness room was a tiny closet-sized space in the lower level of the hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank SuperGuido
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed 12 September 2011

The staff friendly and helpful, needs upgrading, but it was comfortable. I would return because while not luxurious a good value for the cost.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business