“Not what I expected...”

Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel
Ranked #42 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 10 December 2011

Beds were comfy, pillows were not, lots and lots of noise...could even hear the next door guests using the bathroom. Sounded like the water lines were going to explode anytime someone around or above you flushed the toilet or turned on the shower. Gang activity or something requiring lots of cops happening across the street from the hotel lobby. Parking rediculously priced...overall worst hotel experience of my life.

• Stayed: December 2011
3  Thank travelgal1212
There are newer reviews for Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel

Reviewed 6 December 2011

I am a Starwood member and normally on visits to Indianapolis I stay at the Westin property. On my visit in May the Westin was sold out so I opted for the Sheraton since it was only a few blocks away. I will avoid it in the future. Other than the location it doesn't have much to offer. The gym is small and in what seems like a basement. The Internet connection was terrible. The hotel doesn't even have pay per view for ordering a movie. There is a Starbucks downstairs and you can walk to everything in downtown but that's it.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank mollolson
Reviewed 7 November 2011

We came to Indianapolis for the Indianapolis Monumental Marathon, which was run on Nov 5, 2011. The hotel was a great location for the start/finish of the race. Indianapolis has a very convenient downtown - some good restaurants and mall shopping close by. Hotel itself was fine for us. Clean rooms, nice flat screen TV, comfortable bedding, nice bathrooms. After running the marathon, we took a nap in the afternoon and I asked the housekeeper to arrange to come by our room at dinner - worked out great.

I think some of the things that were mentioned in other reviews more or less reflect the rather laid back nature of Indianapolis compared to larger cities. Valid points. Our experience was fine. Liked the quiet bar and the Starbucks in the 1st floor. Walking distance to everything (convention center, football stadium, restaurants).

Room Tip: get a room facing the monument. Kind of a nice view.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We have stayed here three or four times over the last couple of years. Though we live in Indianapolis, we've done a few date nights and stayed here so we could be right downtown, and more recently stayed here for a wedding so we wouldn't have to worry about driving home afterwards. The service here has always lived up to the standards I expect from Sheraton, and the rooms are always clean and nice. As always, the Sheraton beds are pretty much the best ever. In the summer, the rooftop pool is absolutely awesome, and as this hotel sits right on the circle, I don't think there is a bad view possible. Even if you aren't using the pool, I suggest going out on the pool deck just to check out the sweet view. During this stay I visited the hotel bar briefly and the bartender was awesome. She made it so that I would drop by for a drink even if not staying here. It was a bummer that there was no room service after 11pm, but it worked out as they have a convenience store in the lobby that is open 24hrs. Potato chips to the rescue!

As is a problem with all Sheraton's, you do you have to pay for internet, though I believe they have a business center where you can use a computer with internet for no charge. Regardless, I feel that with the money spent for a room at a Sheraton, included wifi would be a nice touch. Parking is also more than a bit spendy at $25 a night to self-park in the garage.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2011

very dirty hallways paper thin walls and doors pay to park 25 bucks. wet bar sink out of order. ugh
bus stop ij front of hotel unsavory people hanging out alll hours

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank tymes
Reviewed 15 October 2011

I stayed here for a tradeshow at the convention centre, mainly because of the Sheraton name, and was also disappointed for that very reason: the brand let me down.

My room had a sliding door to the outside with a malfunctioning latch. I pointed it out to staff on the first night, and they sent an engineer to look at it. He did look at it, then explained he couldn't replace the part for several days, as he would have to order it. Really?

I was also disturbed one evening by incessant barking coming from someone's room on my floor. I phoned down and told them someone's left a barking dog in their room. They asked me if I could go out into the hall to figure out which room the noise was coming from. Are you serious? I told them it's not my job to snoop door-to-door to find the barking dog. They said there's nothing they could do until the owner returned, and that was it. Conversation over.

So you can't fix the broken sliding door. Fine. So you can't fix a barking dog that's annoying your other guests. Fine. But did you make any effort to do something to make me feel better about spending my money with you? No! You did not offer another room to me. You did not offer to reduce my bill. You did not even offer a voucher against a future stay. Nothing.

I will not stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Was with a large group...it was ok. Had issues with homophobic guests and staff. Will really question whether or not I'll go back to this event because of the experience here.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends