“Indy City Surprise.”

Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel
Ranked #39 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Jaded ex-New Yorkers/current Chicago city folk find downtown Indy surprisingly active and enjoyable!

The last night of a long road trip with our big dog we made it past our planned Louisville destination and stayed here on Saturday night after Thanksgiving. After a less than pleasant stay at the Sheraton Read House in Chattanooga (see review) the night before, I was hesitant to stay here. But the location was good, they were dog friendly and we could get a King Suite for a good price. We had never been to downtown Indy before and this hotel is blocks from the Wholesale District teeming with restaurants, hotels, bars, shopping and the Pacers & Colts homes. Even had a Palomino Restaurant! Love that place!

The hotel was clean, pleasant and our room was big and comfortable. We enjoyed it. While I am a fairly big fan of Starwood Hotels, especially Westin, the Sheraton chain is uneven. I have stayed in quite a few terribly outdated ones (Clayton, MO for example), but a number of nice ones like this one. They won't win any awards for decor but this was a very nice hotel in a great location.

Room Tip: Only stayed in a King Suite, which was just 2 regular rooms adjoined by a big double door. As we lea...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Scott H, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Chris D,

Thank you so much for writing a review. We certainly appreciate you taking the time to do so and it was a pleasure having you as a guest here at the Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel.

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with and that you found our hotel to be clean and your room to be spacious as well as comfortable. We are also happy to learn that you enjoyed our central location right in the heart of downtown Indianapolis close in proximity to many wonderful attractions. We are always pleased to receive such praise and acknowledgement of such a positive manner.

Once again, thank you so much for your review. We look forward to your return next time travel brings you to the Indianapolis area.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

Hotel might be old but location is perfect, the view is very beautiful!! We had dinner at the bar, the food was GREAT, the young bartender was very polite. We had a good time but the bar area was toooooooo hot, they need to turn down the heat to make it more comfortable.

Room Tip: Room that views the circle
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Scott H, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear Emtur85,

We certainly appreciate you taking the time to write a review regarding your most recent stay here at the Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed our Alexander’s Bar and Grill. It is great to hear that you found the food to be great and our bartender to be very polite. Guest satisfaction is our number one priority here and we are always pleased to receive such praise and acknowledgment of such a positive manner. We are also very happy to hear you loved our central location right in the heart of downtown Indianapolis!

We are regretful to learn that you found the temperature level to be uncomfortable in the bar area, we did have our engineering staff evaluate the HVAC unit that services this area and the issue has been taken corrected.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to your return in the future!

Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

I'm a firm believer that pointing out the good things first is always a great idea so I'll begin with the things I liked about this hotel.

I didn't arrive until after midnight but the front desk personnel were still very courteous. The lobby is big with lots of seating/conversation areas. There was a nice bar area but it was closed when I arrived so I didn't get a chance to partake in any libations. (Awww!) I did get to eat the breakfast buffet the next morning. There was a nice variety of hot and cold options. Food was pretty good and my waiter was nice and attentive. My room was easy to locate and the hallways were well lit and clean. The room was on the 15th floor and was nicely decorated. The pillows were very nice! Bed was comfy. The bathroom decor was modern with one of those nice "rain shower" showerheads. There was a heat lamp in the ceiling so you won't get cold when coming out of the shower. The closet in the room was a built in armoire style which was modern with a nice wood finish. Also, the carpet actually looked pretty clean...no stains. (You'd be surprised at what I've seen in other hotels!)

Now of course I have to mention those few things that were bothersome for me. First, there is absolutely NO soundproofing in these rooms. As I was walking down the hallway, I could actually hear someone using their bathroom. I could also hear my neighbors' phone conversations, music playing, and "other" noises that I preferred not hearing. And it wasn't that the persons were loud either. The walls were just that thin. Second, the bathroom sink drained soooo slowly that simply from brushing my teeth, the sink was completely filled with water and took a while to drain out. There was also a dirty (yes, dirty!) folded washcloth on the counter with the rest of the folded towels. It was stained and didn't appear to be washed thoroughly although it didn't smell "used." There was another bath towel that was folded and stained as well. Not good. Now another thing, I'm not sure if anyone is as picky about having power outlets in a hotel room as me but if you are, this is not the room for you. There was no outlet near the bed that I could plug my phone into. There were outlets underneath the desk and one on the lamp on the other side of the room. What was weird was that there was an outlet on the wall right next to the light switch near the entry door. Hmmm..not sure what you could plug into that one since it was so high from the floor. Also, exactly at 10am, the tv went from cable tv to a fuzzy screen and stayed that way for about 15 minutes. Not sure what that was all about. And lastly, someone needs to get an upholstery cleaner and scrub that armchair that was in the room. It was seriously stained. And oh yeah, almost forgot...the lamp that was bedside didn't work. Not sure if the lightbulb was burned out or if it was broken but it was too late at night for me to care.

Overall, despite all of the negatives, the hotel was okay. I'm hoping that my issues were just things that were overlooked and not the norm. Although, the thin walls were definitely my biggest issue. It is in a great location and I'm sure would be nice for someone on a short business trip.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Gina B,

We certainly appreciate you taking the time to write a detailed review of your most recent stay with us. It was a pleasure having you as a guest of our hotel.

We are thrilled to hear that you found our staff to be nice and courteous, and that you enjoyed your room and its amenities. It is also great to learn that you enjoyed our breakfast and food options. We are always very pleased to receive such praise and acknowledgment of such a positive manner. We appreciate all of your kind comments.

We are very saddened to hear that you were bothered by being able to hear other guests in their rooms, as well as also having issues with the cable and sick not draining properly. We are also regretful to learn that you found dirty towels and washcloths folded in with your clean towels along with your armchair being dirty. Please accept my sincere apologies for these conditions that you experienced, this is certainly not the guest satisfaction that we strive to create for our guests. I have spoken with the engineering department about the issues you had and they have assured me these will be taken care of immediately. We have also reviewed your cleanliness comments with the housekeeping manager and team; this is definitely not keeping up with the high standards that we strive to maintain. I reviewed with the team the proper levels of cleanliness and the importance of double checking rooms to make sure these standards are met.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We really appreciate your feedback and your concerns. It would be our pleasure to continue to have you as a valued guest of our hotel.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Stayed here for 5 days for a conference at the Indianapolis Convention center and it was delightful. The hotel is located right on Monument circle and within walking distance to all kinds of restaurants! The staff was always helpful and courteous. Food was great and I stayed on the "Club Level" which had breakfast in the morning and appetizers in the evening which really were great! Great variety and good quality. The place was spotless! Would have loved to have visited during the summer to use the pool. Overall very highly recommended.

Room Tip: Get a room on the "Club Level" Its well worth it!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Scott H, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear Sahadi620,

We certainly appreciate you taking the time to write a review regarding your wonderful stay here at the Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel. It was a pleasure having you as a guest of our hotel.

We are thrilled to hear you found our staff to be helpful and courteous, and that you enjoyed the variety and quality of our food. We are also very pleased to hear that you loved our central location right in the heart of downtown Indianapolis, close in proximity to many delightful restaurants. Guest satisfaction is our number one priority here and we love to hear of an instance where we met and even exceeded a guest’s expectations!

Thank you once again for your wonderful review; we will certainly share it with the entire Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre team! Make sure to come visit us again in the summer when you can enjoy our 9th floor outdoor pool. Thank you for being a valued guest of our hotel.

Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

The hotel is nice and located in a nice downtown location. I was upgraded to a suite which was nice. The dining options were adequate.

My only complaint is the cost if parking. It costs $30 for valey and $25 for self parking. I think this is high for Indianapolis.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Scott H, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear Bern100,

Thank you for writing a review. We certainly appreciate you taking the time to do so. It was a pleasure having you as a guest.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is great to hear that you liked our hotel and location right in the heart of downtown Indianapolis. It is always a pleasure to receive such kind words and acknowledgment of such a positive manner.

We are regretful to learn you were displeased with the cost of our parking; we do conduct regular parking pricing surveys to other downtown hotels to make sure that we are competitively priced.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to your return in the future.

Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for a view this hotel is okay. If you are looking to sleep keep searching. We arrived late at night and there was no valets to great us, offer to help with the luggage, or to park our car. As it turns out he was helping behind the reservation desk. The staff was friendly and thus my ranking here otherwise I would give it one star. My chief complaint is that I am fairly certain that there are subway systems that are quieter than this hotel. I could here EVERYTHING that went on in the rooms next door. You can hear each toilet flush in the rooms overhead. I firmly believe that the walls of this hotel were made of a high quality paper or balsa wood. The cleaning staff were very loud but maybe it was just there were very little barrier between the hallway and our room. The doors slam all night long and you can hear every conversation. I think you get the picture. The bathrooms are small with very little counter space. There were 4 hangers in the closet. The bed comfortable but not enough outlets. We will not be back.

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Kidtraveller114
Scott H, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear Kidtraveller114,

Thank you so much for writing a review concerning your most recent stay here with us. We certainly appreciate you taking the time to do so, and I hope you accept my sincere apologies for your justified disappointment in our hotel due to the experience you described.

We are very regretful to hear that upon arrival there were no bellmen available to you to help with your luggage or car we do make every effort to ensure we have staff ready to greet and assist our guest upon arrival. I have spoken with the front office manager and our bellmen to make sure they are always up front helping our guests and not behind the reception desk. We are also very sorry to hear that during your stay with us you were inconvenienced due to noise level. I can understand how frustrating this was for you, we believe that every guest should enjoy a peaceful night’s sleep and stay; we regret that you were not able to do so. If you would be kind enough to contact us, I would love to speak with you more in detail about the noise you encountered during your stay.

The issues outlined in your review are issues that we do not take lightly and we can assure you that our leadership team will address your concerns so that we can prevent them from happening in the future. Once again, we appreciate your feedback and it would be our pleasure to continue to have you as a valued guest of our hotel.

Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

We used Hotwire and it booked us this hotel on a Monday night for 88$ w/tax. Our view of the center circle and Soldiers' and Sailors' monument was perfect from our 18th floor room. The beds are incredible and there are lots of pillows to sink into. I would book this hotel again if I were visiting Indianapolis again.

• Stayed: October 2013
Scott H, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Dear BennieHannah,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We certainly appreciate you doing so and it was a pleasure having you as a guest here at the Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel.

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Beds and that you loved our view of the Monument Circle. Guest satisfaction is our number one priority and we are always pleased to receive such praise and acknowledgment of such a positive manner.

Once again, thank you for your wonderful review. We look forward to your return the next time you are in the Indianapolis Area.