“Great Hotel, Great Location, Great City”

Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel
Ranked #46 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We were in town to support our son & his High School band while they competed at Bands of America Grand National Lucas Oil Stadium. This was a perfect choice as we were able to park the car and walk to & from the stadium. Also, you have to pass some great restaurant choices on your way. We stayed on the Club Level and were very impressed with the Club Lounge and its amenities. The staff were very nice and attentive to needs. Bed was very comfortable & room was very nice. This will be our choice hotel when visiting Indy in the future.

Room Tip: Stay on the club level!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Scott H, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear Mark M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us during the Bands of America Grand Nationals. It was a pleasure having you as a guest of our hotel.

We are so happy to hear that you found our staff to be friendly as well as helpful, and that you enjoyed our Club Lounge and all of its amenities. It is also great to learn that you found your room to be nice and you enjoyed our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds; guest satisfaction is our number one priority here and we love to hear of an instance where we exceeded a guest’s expectations.

Once again, thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. It would be our pleasure to continue to have you as a valued guest of the Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

This Sheraton property is in the right spot if you need be in downtown Indianapolis. However, the carpeting in the rooms need to be upgraded, as well some of the furnishings. The staff was very pleasant, and addressed my concerns regarding the parking options. The parking garage is adjacent to the hotel, however it is open to the public and appears to NOT be monitored. I arrived late in the evening and was fearful of the parking lot. I mentioned at check in and was told that security does monitor. I did not see a camera nor did I see any signs that it was being monitored. It seemed unsafe for a downtown, Sheraton parking garage. Check in acknowledged my status and "upgraded me" to a two room suite, however the rooms are older and the carpeting needs replacing. I did visit the 24 hour lounge and it was well equipped for someone looking for a snack or a can of soda. I did ask for an escort to the parking garage at 4:30 am, when I departed and they happily accomodated me. I belive if you are looking for a downtown hotel option, is is centrally located, however it simply is dated and needs more security.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MaDonna S
Scott H, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear MaDonna S,
We certainly appreciate you taking the time to write us a review. It was a pleasure having you stay with us.

We are thrilled to hear that you found our staff to be pleasant and that they could help in answering any questions that you had. Guest satisfaction is our number one priority here and we love to hear of an instance where a guest recognized our staff’s efforts. It is also great to learn that you found convenience in our central location right in the heart of downtown Indianapolis.

Making sure that our guests feel safe and secure at our hotel is a major priority of ours. I assure you that we take precautionary measures; our security staff makes regular rounds of our hotel and parking areas. We are more than happy to provide personal escorts to your car at your request to make you feel more at ease. We are sorry to also learn you found our hotel in need of some updates; you will be happy to hear that we do have a regular refurbishment plan set in place and have plans in the very near future to do full renovations of all of our guest rooms.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write a review. It would be our pleasure to continue to have you as a valued guest of our hotel.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Jaded ex-New Yorkers/current Chicago city folk find downtown Indy surprisingly active and enjoyable!

The last night of a long road trip with our big dog we made it past our planned Louisville destination and stayed here on Saturday night after Thanksgiving. After a less than pleasant stay at the Sheraton Read House in Chattanooga (see review) the night before, I was hesitant to stay here. But the location was good, they were dog friendly and we could get a King Suite for a good price. We had never been to downtown Indy before and this hotel is blocks from the Wholesale District teeming with restaurants, hotels, bars, shopping and the Pacers & Colts homes. Even had a Palomino Restaurant! Love that place!

The hotel was clean, pleasant and our room was big and comfortable. We enjoyed it. While I am a fairly big fan of Starwood Hotels, especially Westin, the Sheraton chain is uneven. I have stayed in quite a few terribly outdated ones (Clayton, MO for example), but a number of nice ones like this one. They won't win any awards for decor but this was a very nice hotel in a great location.

Room Tip: Only stayed in a King Suite, which was just 2 regular rooms adjoined by a big double door. As we lea...

Dear Chris D,

Thank you so much for writing a review. We certainly appreciate you taking the time to do so and it was a pleasure having you as a guest here at the Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel.

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with and that you found our hotel to be clean and your room to be spacious as well as comfortable. We are also happy to learn that you enjoyed our central location right in the heart of downtown Indianapolis close in proximity to many wonderful attractions. We are always pleased to receive such praise and acknowledgement of such a positive manner.

Once again, thank you so much for your review. We look forward to your return next time travel brings you to the Indianapolis area.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

Hotel might be old but location is perfect, the view is very beautiful!! We had dinner at the bar, the food was GREAT, the young bartender was very polite. We had a good time but the bar area was toooooooo hot, they need to turn down the heat to make it more comfortable.

Room Tip: Room that views the circle
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Scott H, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear Emtur85,

We certainly appreciate you taking the time to write a review regarding your most recent stay here at the Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed our Alexander’s Bar and Grill. It is great to hear that you found the food to be great and our bartender to be very polite. Guest satisfaction is our number one priority here and we are always pleased to receive such praise and acknowledgment of such a positive manner. We are also very happy to hear you loved our central location right in the heart of downtown Indianapolis!

We are regretful to learn that you found the temperature level to be uncomfortable in the bar area, we did have our engineering staff evaluate the HVAC unit that services this area and the issue has been taken corrected.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to your return in the future!

Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

I'm a firm believer that pointing out the good things first is always a great idea so I'll begin with the things I liked about this hotel.

I didn't arrive until after midnight but the front desk personnel were still very courteous. The lobby is big with lots of seating/conversation areas. There was a nice bar area but it was closed when I arrived so I didn't get a chance to partake in any libations. (Awww!) I did get to eat the breakfast buffet the next morning. There was a nice variety of hot and cold options. Food was pretty good and my waiter was nice and attentive. My room was easy to locate and the hallways were well lit and clean. The room was on the 15th floor and was nicely decorated. The pillows were very nice! Bed was comfy. The bathroom decor was modern with one of those nice "rain shower" showerheads. There was a heat lamp in the ceiling so you won't get cold when coming out of the shower. The closet in the room was a built in armoire style which was modern with a nice wood finish. Also, the carpet actually looked pretty clean...no stains. (You'd be surprised at what I've seen in other hotels!)

Now of course I have to mention those few things that were bothersome for me. First, there is absolutely NO soundproofing in these rooms. As I was walking down the hallway, I could actually hear someone using their bathroom. I could also hear my neighbors' phone conversations, music playing, and "other" noises that I preferred not hearing. And it wasn't that the persons were loud either. The walls were just that thin. Second, the bathroom sink drained soooo slowly that simply from brushing my teeth, the sink was completely filled with water and took a while to drain out. There was also a dirty (yes, dirty!) folded washcloth on the counter with the rest of the folded towels. It was stained and didn't appear to be washed thoroughly although it didn't smell "used." There was another bath towel that was folded and stained as well. Not good. Now another thing, I'm not sure if anyone is as picky about having power outlets in a hotel room as me but if you are, this is not the room for you. There was no outlet near the bed that I could plug my phone into. There were outlets underneath the desk and one on the lamp on the other side of the room. What was weird was that there was an outlet on the wall right next to the light switch near the entry door. Hmmm..not sure what you could plug into that one since it was so high from the floor. Also, exactly at 10am, the tv went from cable tv to a fuzzy screen and stayed that way for about 15 minutes. Not sure what that was all about. And lastly, someone needs to get an upholstery cleaner and scrub that armchair that was in the room. It was seriously stained. And oh yeah, almost forgot...the lamp that was bedside didn't work. Not sure if the lightbulb was burned out or if it was broken but it was too late at night for me to care.

Overall, despite all of the negatives, the hotel was okay. I'm hoping that my issues were just things that were overlooked and not the norm. Although, the thin walls were definitely my biggest issue. It is in a great location and I'm sure would be nice for someone on a short business trip.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Gina B,

We certainly appreciate you taking the time to write a detailed review of your most recent stay with us. It was a pleasure having you as a guest of our hotel.

We are thrilled to hear that you found our staff to be nice and courteous, and that you enjoyed your room and its amenities. It is also great to learn that you enjoyed our breakfast and food options. We are always very pleased to receive such praise and acknowledgment of such a positive manner. We appreciate all of your kind comments.

We are very saddened to hear that you were bothered by being able to hear other guests in their rooms, as well as also having issues with the cable and sick not draining properly. We are also regretful to learn that you found dirty towels and washcloths folded in with your clean towels along with your armchair being dirty. Please accept my sincere apologies for these conditions that you experienced, this is certainly not the guest satisfaction that we strive to create for our guests. I have spoken with the engineering department about the issues you had and they have assured me these will be taken care of immediately. We have also reviewed your cleanliness comments with the housekeeping manager and team; this is definitely not keeping up with the high standards that we strive to maintain. I reviewed with the team the proper levels of cleanliness and the importance of double checking rooms to make sure these standards are met.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We really appreciate your feedback and your concerns. It would be our pleasure to continue to have you as a valued guest of our hotel.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Stayed here for 5 days for a conference at the Indianapolis Convention center and it was delightful. The hotel is located right on Monument circle and within walking distance to all kinds of restaurants! The staff was always helpful and courteous. Food was great and I stayed on the "Club Level" which had breakfast in the morning and appetizers in the evening which really were great! Great variety and good quality. The place was spotless! Would have loved to have visited during the summer to use the pool. Overall very highly recommended.

Room Tip: Get a room on the "Club Level" Its well worth it!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Scott H, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear Sahadi620,

We certainly appreciate you taking the time to write a review regarding your wonderful stay here at the Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel. It was a pleasure having you as a guest of our hotel.

We are thrilled to hear you found our staff to be helpful and courteous, and that you enjoyed the variety and quality of our food. We are also very pleased to hear that you loved our central location right in the heart of downtown Indianapolis, close in proximity to many delightful restaurants. Guest satisfaction is our number one priority here and we love to hear of an instance where we met and even exceeded a guest’s expectations!

Thank you once again for your wonderful review; we will certainly share it with the entire Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre team! Make sure to come visit us again in the summer when you can enjoy our 9th floor outdoor pool. Thank you for being a valued guest of our hotel.

Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

The hotel is nice and located in a nice downtown location. I was upgraded to a suite which was nice. The dining options were adequate.

My only complaint is the cost if parking. It costs $30 for valey and $25 for self parking. I think this is high for Indianapolis.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Scott H, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear Bern100,

Thank you for writing a review. We certainly appreciate you taking the time to do so. It was a pleasure having you as a guest.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is great to hear that you liked our hotel and location right in the heart of downtown Indianapolis. It is always a pleasure to receive such kind words and acknowledgment of such a positive manner.

We are regretful to learn you were displeased with the cost of our parking; we do conduct regular parking pricing surveys to other downtown hotels to make sure that we are competitively priced.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to your return in the future.