Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Columbia Club(Indianapolis)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmonument circlerooftop poolthe club loungewar memorialfront desk staffwithin easy walking distancebusiness tripself parkthe room was niceroom keylucas oil stadiumbeds were comfortablestarbucksspgcvsvaletrace
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I stayed here 5 days in the midst of very cold weather, so I literally never left the hotel.

The staff seems efficient. My room was large but clearly needs an update. The faucet on the tub was loose and facing sideways, the towel rack in the shower was loose and the hot water handle on the sink kept falling off. The furnishings look like they came from Goodwill - old and battered. The rooms are not sound proofed at all, you can hear everything next door and from the halls.

They have satellite TV and the reception is really poor - grainy pictures much of the time and one evening it kept cutting out completely. I finally just turned it off.

I had a room with a view of the city circle, but there is a church bell tower that starts chiming every 15 minutes about 8am. Forget sleeping in or taking a midday nap.

I was there for a meeting in the hotel. They have terrible restroom inequality for the top floor meeting rooms - 2 stalls in the women's bathroom for about 6 meeting rooms. The line was frequently out the door. And the bathroom wasn't heated with zero degree temps outside. Not pleasant.

The food provided for the meeting was decent. Not spectacular but not bad. Don't ask for anything different, though. One of our members wanted his steak without the sauce on it and he was told the chef wouldn't approve. HUH?!! The wait staff for the meals seemed overworked and harried.

They have a very nice exercise room on the top floor with good equipment.

The restaurant for the hotel is not great - prices on the menu are less than what I was charged and the lettuce in their salads was sad. I know it's the Midwest in the winter but they were sad salads.

Room Tip: If you want a view of the city center, you'll hear the church tower every 15 minutes during the day. It wasn't unpleasant, but made naps impossible.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Scott H, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Dear KKS56,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to review your most recent stay with us! We do value every comment and take them very seriously so that we may better our efforts for each and every guest.

We are very pleased to hear that our staff was efficient! It's always great when a guest recognizes our staff's efforts and hard work. We are also delighted to know that you enjoyed your meal and took advantage of our great fitness room! We love to hear that our guests enjoyed our facilities.

We sincerely apologize about your negative experience with your room's amenities, the restaurant, and the meeting floor bathrooms. This is not the experience we strive to have for our guests. We have spoken with the maintenance and kitchen staff so these issues can be addressed. We do hope you accept our apologies for your negative experience.

Thank you again for your review and we do apologize for the conditions throughout your stay. We are currently renovating our rooms, and have one floor completed already! We hope that you will come back in the future so we can give you the experience you deserve!

Best,
Bill Seitl

Reviewed 28 January 2014

My stay at the Sheraton was fantastic. Wynne greeted me upon arrival and quickly and efficiently checked me in. I appreciated his friendliness and customer service after a day of travelling. I definitely recommend this Sheraton.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Scott H, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Dear MTRam2014,

Thank you for submitting a review regarding your most recent stay with us! We are excited to hear that you had a fantastic stay with us.

We strive for amazing customer service and we are thrilled to hear that you experienced that from the second you stepped foot into our hotel. We do hope that you come back and see us again in the future! We would love to have you stay!

Thanks again!

Reviewed 27 January 2014

This is a comfortable, centrally located hotel with a great staff. It could have been quieter. The beds were quite comfortable. It was difficult to get the water temperature where you want it and sometimes the hot water was slow in coming. In general, the hotel could use an update. I expected a little more from a Sheraton.

1  Thank riveredge
Scott H, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Dear Riveredge,

Thank you so much for taking time out of your schedule to write us a review on your most recent stay with us. We are happy to hear how comfortable it was and how much you enjoyed our staff.

We do want to apologize about the hot water issue. I will be bringing this to my maintenance departments attention so we can get this sorted out.

You'll be happy to know that we are in the middle of our guest room renovation. We've already completed one floor! We do hope that you come back soon to check out or new gorgeous rooms, we would love to have you stay again!

Thank you!

Reviewed 24 January 2014

I feel compelled to write this review because it was such a bad experience and others need to be forewarned. To preface what I am about to say, it is relevant to mention I am very vested in staying at Starwood hotels, am a platinum level member, own multiple timeshares through the Starwood Vacation Ownership program, and have never had a bad experience in any of their properties ... until now.

I have stayed at this property a few other times and while the service has always been a bit hit or miss and the hotel is in desperate need of updating, the location is good and overall value has been sufficient. However, what happened this time means that I will never return.

There was work being done in the hotel on some of the upper floors - which I understand is needed from time to time. However, this work didn't just happen during the day but into all hours of the night AND so close to rooms where guests were staying that the noise was keeping people up. The first night was irritating but not bad enough to keep me awake. The second night though was an entirely different story. The noise was literally so loud I could barely hear someone when I was on the phone. This continued on so long that finally at MIDNIGHT, I couldn't take it anymore. I called the front desk and the person acted like she had no idea what I was talking about. She said she'd send someone to check into it and ask them to stop. Noise continued. I called again at 12:30AM, she said she knew some work was being done and would ask them to stop. Again, noise continued. I called again and after 3-4 calls, I finally reached her around 1AM and was told she'd send someone again and tell them to stop. Noise continued. Finally, at around 2AM, I left the hotel and went elsewhere. No idea if and when it stopped but do know that the 2nd person in my party in another room heard noise on and off throughout the night.

There are multiple problems with all of this. 1) Who schedules work like this during the middle of the night and then why so close to guest rooms that it keeps people up all night?! 2) The service around the issue was horrible. I called multiple times and nothing was resolved. I was never offered to switch rooms to another part of the hotel. Never offered any compensation on the room (I would have never charged a customer for such an experience). No one ever followed up to make sure it got resolved or that I was happy. Nothing. Nada. Zero. 3) Where is the management in all of this? If a customer had such an experience, I'd sure as heck make sure a manager was involved and that person would ensure the issue got resolved and the customer was happy.

Instead, all I received was a 3,000 point bonus. That for horrible service, a night of absolutely no sleep, and having to leave and pay for another hotel room elsewhere! Completely unacceptable and really an insult. Also, this was in addition to all the other things about the hotel that weren't good ... but I won't go into that here.

In the end, I think this experience says a lot about the hotel management and culture and is the reason I won't ever return. Period.

5  Thank bluesboy72

Dear Bluesboy72,

First off, we would like to apologize for the unacceptable night you experienced while staying in our hotel. What you experienced between the noise, the lack of responsiveness from our staff, and lack of compensation was uncalled for. You should have never stepped foot out of our hotel without us making your sleepless night up to you. It leaves us great distress to know that we have failed a customer.

We do currently have a guest room renovation in progress and although you might here noise during a regular renovation, it is unacceptable that the noise was so loud and keeping our guests up. We will be sure to notify our renovation crew of what happened to further prevent this from happening in the future.

Although we cannot erase the horrible night you experienced here, we sure hope that you will come back so we can make it up to you. If you could please contact me directly at the hotel, I would love to speak with you.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

I enjoyed this hotel. We were fortunate enough to have a view of the memorial in the centre of the circle. The room was comfortable, the staff friendly, and generally a good place to stay. The only down side was the restaurant area. It looked a little unappealing.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Scott H, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear Terence B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review regarding your most recent stay here at the Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

It is great to learn that you found our staff to be friendly and your room to be comfortable. We are also glad to hear that you loved your view of the Monument Circle from your room. Guest satisfaction is our number one priority here and we are always pleased to receive such praise and acknowledgment of such a positive manner.

We are regretful to learn that you found our Alexander's Bar and Grill to look be unappealing. We have had many wonderful reviews of our restaurant which has many different menu options and we hope that in the future you might reconsider your position and choose to dine with us.

Once again, thank you for your review and it would be our pleasure to be of service to you again in the future.

Best Regards,