“Great location! Great Staff!”

Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel
Ranked #39 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed here during the 2014 Indy 500. It's a great location to stay at for race weekend because it's in the center of all the activity downtown. Great Monument Circle location to watch the Indy 500 parade from the pool area. The staff is very attentive. I even got a personal note from one of the desk agents making sure my stay was going good. Easy parking in the garage.

Room Tip: All views are good but having one of Monument Circle would be the best view. High floors.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Bill S, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear lwcjr,

Thank you so much for leaving us such positive feedback about your most recent stay! The Indy 500 was a great weekend and our convenient downtown location offered great spots to view the parade! We are so happy to hear that you had the chance to experience the weekend from our pool deck (the only outdoor pool in downtown Indianapolis!). I agree, the view of the Circle and the monument is phenomenal from our hotel!

I am so happy to hear that you had the chance to experience great service from our staff! I will most definitely pass on the word that their hard work is being recognized! It was a pleasure to serve you during your stay!

Thank you again for your review! We hope that you return to stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

The Sheraton located in downtown Indianapolis knows how to host! The staff was extremely warm and friendly, the rooms were completely beautiful, and it is perfectly located for loads of entertainment and fun downtown!

I don't think I have ever been disappointed in a Sheraton Hotel. They all seem to be thoughtfully updated, the gyms are equipped for a full body workout, and the rooms always feel luxurious.

I was fortunate to receive a room on the 20th floor. My room overlooked the beautiful war Memorial fountain/tower. My room was equipped with a refrigerator (always a bonus for a flight attendant who brings her own food).

Although the gym looked really nice, I decided to go for a run down the river canal. If you enjoy running outside, I highly recommend it!

I hope to stay at this hotel again soon! Even despite the busyness of the weekend (Indy 500/ Memorial Day), the staff treated each customer as if they were the only customer. I did not get the impression that anything was more important than me when it was my turn to speak with the desk representatives. They were quick to answer the phone, calm, relaxed, and upbeat! I think this speaks very highly of the management in charge of running and operating the hotel. Way to go Sheraton!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Bill S, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Courtney R.,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us! We are so delighted that you had such a wonderful and positive experience. The Sheraton strives to keep our guests happy.

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your room with a view, our convenient downtown location, and our courteous staff! It was a pleasure to serve you during your stay! We are glad you enjoyed being so close to amazing historical monuments and great local attractions!

Thank you again for your review! We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 22 May 2014

My husband booked a room here for my birthday. We had a view of the circle. We had dinner and saw a movie downtown before walkign back to our room. We didn't take advantage of any of the hotel amenities - just enjoyed relazing in our room and sleeping in the next day. The bed was comfortable, our room was nice, and we loved the view of the circle.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Bill S, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear Melanie R.,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us! We are so happy to hear that your experience was so positive.

We are delighted to know that you took advantage of our convenient downtown location, so close to amazing monuments and great local attractions, and so enjoyed our comfortable SweetSleeper beds! Our beds are so liked by our guests that they are available for purchase on our website!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights for the NRA show and while at the show an employee that works for the Sheraton stole $100 cash and a bottle of scotch from my room after they went through my suitcase. After complaining to the front desk and even to a manager I was offered "FREE BREAKFAST" for the next morning and told that they would check into in and get back to me. I've been gone now for two days and still haven't heard anything regarding this. Tolerating this is unacceptable, they didn't care that their employees stole anything, almost as though I was lying. I will keep posting on every sight until someone pays attention. My husband works for Frontier Airlines and this hotel is their crew hotel, there's lots of money to be lost by this hotel and they don't even care. My room was a disaster also and have pictures to start posting.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Tara H
Bill S, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear Tara H.,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your schedule to review your most recent stay with us! Do appreciate all feedback from our guests.

We hope that you accept our sincerest apologies for the unacceptable encounters you experienced during your stay. This is not the Sheraton standard that we strive for. We are currently investigating and reviewing the situation.

Thank you again for your feedback!

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Stayed here for a couple of nights while visiting friends. Loved the location of the hotel -- could walk to restaurants, canal, zoo, stores. Perfect. Loved the staff -- they were accommodating, friendly and welcoming. The food in their restaurant was reasonably priced and tasted good, too. Adequate gym. They are in the process of renovating rooms. The only thing for me that would most likely prevent me from staying again are the beds. Great beds if you like sleeping on a slab of concrete. From the moment I lay down my entire body was in pain. The bed linens, comforter and pillows were fabulous but that mattress -- OUCH! No pillow top and no padding on top of the mattress. My body ached and my sleep was non-existent. Was so glad when I got home to get some decent and pain-free sleep.

In closing I will say that if you like an outrageously firm mattress with no give or, perhaps, if you have a younger body than me that can tolerate such firmness then this is the place for you. If not then you may wish to look around for another hotel. There are several in the near vicinity.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevator area as the sound carries down the hallway and people can be loud.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank nevera
Bill S, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear nevera,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your schedule to review your most recent stay with us! We appreciate every comment from our guests and we take them seriously so we may improve your experience.

We are so happy to hear that you so enjoyed your stay! We're glad you took advantage of our convenient downtown location and gym, had pleasant experiences with our staff, and enjoyed our restaurant!

We do apologize that you didn't enjoy our Sheraton signature SweetSleeper beds. We do take pride in our AAA Five Diamond designed beds.

Thank you again for your review! We hope that you do return to stay with us again in the future so we may give you the Sheraton experience that you deserve!

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Stayed here in late March for a business trip. The conference booked the hotel for me, so I didn't have much choice and likely wouldn't return.

While the rooms on the 18th floor are renovated and updated, the ones facing the street are absurdly loud. I was awoken about every 45 minutes on the first night because of the buses rumbling up and down the street; it was as if the windows were wide open to the busy street below. The front desk accommodated my request to move to a quieter room the following day and I was placed on the 16th floor facing Monument Circle. The noise was drastically reduced, however the temperature in the room would not go below 85 degrees. The hotel told me it was because they're a '2 pipe system' hotel (whatever that means) and that it can be on ONLY heat or ONLY cold. This was patently false, as the vents in the hallways were blowing cool air. Their initial solution was to close the shades and put a fan in my room, thus circulating the 80+ degree air. This was unacceptable clearly, so they once again moved me to a room that, amazingly, was blowing cool air. I slept fine that night.

I do have to say that 'MJ' at the front desk was outstanding; the hotel is lucky to have her in reception. She was very understanding and gave me access to the 10th floor 'Club Lounge' as well as a free Starbucks drink. While none of the issues were her fault, she went out of her way to try to make it right and for that, I thank her.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Bill S, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear evanbr33,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your schedule to review your most recent stay with us! We do appreciate every comment from our guests and use them to improve our efforts for a more positive stay.

We do hope that you accept our deepest apologies for your negative experience with us! We're sorry to hear that you had an uncomfortable stay with the first two rooms you stayed in. This is unacceptable and we have passed on your comments to our maintenance staff so we may avoid these issues in the future.

We are happy to hear that you received such great assistance from MJ at the front desk. It's nice to hear when our staff goes out of their way for a guest. It was pleasure serving you during your stay!

Thank you again for your review! Again, we do apologize, and we hope you reconsider your decision and stay with us in the future so we may give you the Sheraton experience you deserve!

Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

My family booked four rooms a year in advanced for my mom's ten year cancer survivor anniversary. We wanted to stay on the circle so we could be close to the start of race for the cure. Unfortunately, when we arrived our rooms were no where close to being available. Not only that, they informed us that they would "call us" when they were ready. Mind you this was at 3:55 check in is at 4. We had five children in our party and were coming in from Seattle so as you can imagine this was not ok. Instead of trying to accommodate they made my mother (who again booked the four rooms A YEAR in advanced) they made us feel like we were in the wrong. They told us basically it was our fault
for requesting four rooms together. I am pretty sure when people book rooms at once they want them together. To top it off the night manager told us that the day manager named April (older lady with orange hair...yup) specifically told him that if our party came down not to offer us anything. Who does that? We have stayed at the Omni many times so my advice would be to go there instead or the Conrad if you want to stay close to the circle. In an unrelated incident a man collapsed at the front desk and I watched the staff stare at him while other customers helped the man up. Pathetic business example.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Twblink75
Bill S, General Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear Twblink75,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your schedule to review your most recent stay with us! We appreciate every comment from our guests and we take them very seriously so we may improve our efforts for a more positive experience.

I would like to apologize to you personally for the problems you experience that you had during your stay. This is not the Sheraton standard that we strive for. We are sad to hear that you were not able to check into your room on time and that you didn't experience great customer service. I have address addressed your comments with our my front desk staff to prevent issues this these in the future.

If you would like to contact me to explain your experience further, I would love to hear from you.

Thank you again for your review. We hope that you reconsider and choose to stay with us again so we may give you the Sheraton experience you deserve!