“Great Hotel”

Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel
Ranked #47 of 188 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 17 March 2009

Stayed here on SPG points for the Big Ten Tournament. Hotel staff was top notch! We had two suites that were right next to each other. Check-in was a breeze and the hotel was packed. TV's in one room didn't work, placed a call to the front desk within 5 minutes maintenance was up there and had the tv's running. Another time we needed more towels, called and they were promptly delivered. Needed a bellman for luggage - readily available. I cannot say enough about the staff at this hotel. They were extremely efficient and very friendly.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank outnumbrd

Reviewed 3 March 2009

Excellent location, walking distance to the capitol, bar area, city centre mall. Expect to pay for parking. Nice front desk staff and well appointed guest rooms, updated and clean. Flat screen TVs in both rooms of the suite.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank natjaye
Reviewed 18 January 2009

My wife and I decided to have an evening get-away downtown a few weeks before Christmas. We had dinner plans that night at Ruth Chris and went to the Colts game the next day. The stay at the Sheraton was fantastic. Clean rooms, nice amenities, and the view from our room was awesome. We overlooked monument circle out our window. And around Christmas time, it was like having a Christmas tree right outside our window. Staff were very courteous and took care of our every need. The breakfast buffet in the lobby was good and the Starbucks also in the lobby was great. There was some construction going on in the lobby, but they kept it so quiet and covered, it was hard to notice. I would recommend for any business traveler or a couple that's just looking to get away for a night.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cdhen14
Reviewed 22 December 2008

I have to say I had higher expectations, but was satisfied overall. This was our first stay at a Sheraton, we always stay with Marriott. I chose this hotel because of the special rate and the pet policy. They allow pets under 40lbs free! We like to travel with our dog, but usually don’t due to the pet cleaning fee charged by most hotels. The room was nice enough, we were on the “Starwood Preferred Guest Level” which was nice. The floor we were on was VERY warm. I would not usually complain about this, but it was almost unbearable. The room was that warm too, we didn’t even have our heat on. The valet was EXCELLENT. Never been treated better.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Abby G
Reviewed 15 December 2008

I've just come back from a weeks stay at this hotel and it was wonderful. I was in town for a conference and was unable to stay in the conference hotel but this was just round the corner.

To start from the beginning - a lovely welcome from the doormen when I arrived after 11 hours flying; check in was quick and professional but friendly and a parcel I had arranged to be sent to the hotel for me was handed over without me even having to ask for it.

My room was on the 19th floor and the quick trip up in one of 4 elevators took no time at all. My room was spacious even with the 2 large beds and massive flatscreen TV. The view from my window was stunning - straight onto the Christmas lights of Monument Circle. Despite the extreme cold outside my room was lovely and warm and remained so throughout the entirety of my stay.

As several other people have mentioned, yes you do have to pay for wired internet access in your room which I didn't fnd particularly surprising. I travel a great deal throughout Europe with work and often find that the cheaper hotels offer wireless internet for free and the more expensive hotels charge you for it. I paid $11.95 for 24 hours access which was very reasonable compared to some places I have stayed ($30 a day at a Hilton in the UK for example). I also used the business centre in the foyer where the wi-fi was free and there were 3 computers with free printing available as well. The wi-fi in the lobby was good as I used SKype there several times. It was a very relaxing lobby to work in as there were plenty of large leather seats and couches and I spent many an evening there relaxing!

I ate in the hotel several times (breakfast x2; room service x1; restuarant x1) and the food was good. The breakfast buffet was nothing spectacular but was perfectly adequate and good value I thought at approx. $13.95. Plenty of non-guests seemed to come in for breakfast.

The staff were all very courteous and helpful in particular the young doormen who were wonderful in getting me taxis, giving me directions and always having time for a quick chat.

The hotel is perhaps slightly dated and this shows in the decor in the bathroom in particular. However the room furnishings themselves were absolutely fine and the bedding was wonderful - big soft pillows and plenty of blankets and duvets. I would quite happily go back to this hotel!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 October 2008

Stayed one night and overall had a great stay.

Pros ---

Great location and within walking distance to all major attractions including Lucas Oil Stadium.

Room was very nicely appointed -- appears to have been recently renovated. Comfortable bed, nice work desk, and flat screen TV.

Room had a great view of the city lights and Monument Circle! Ask for a room on the 9th floor or higher and for this view.

The hotel is about a $25-30 cab ride with tip from the airport.

There is a starbucks near the lobby area.

Cons ---

The bathroom was clean (most important) but was very small and didn't have the new feel of the rest of the room.

Just before the front entrance of the hotel and the parking garage there is a bus stop that seems to be a gathering point for homeless and transients --- this might make some feel uncomfortable like it did to my colleague.

Overall i had a great experience --- this is not the Conrad (down the street) but worth staying here and you'll end up paying a lot less.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 September 2008

We always stay at a nice hotel downtown Indy to celebrate our wedding anniversary.
Having read some of the previous reviews on this and other travel websites, we approached our stay with some apprehension.
We saw none of the problems described by other reviewers. We experienced a first class hotel with a great staff. The room was spacious and comfortable with a wonderful view of the Soldier's & Sailor's Monument. Check in was seamless and quick. King bed was very comfortable. Hallways and public areas very nicely appointed - no low ceilings noted by other reviewers (I'm 6' 6" tall).
Parking in attached garage was reasonable and felt secure.
The only negative: After a walkabout in downtown Indy (the Sheraton is just one block north of the center of the city - great location), we decided to go to the pool. Using the hotel provided robes, we went to the pool. The pool was clean and clear but there was no shade whatever from the very bright sun. A few tables with market umbrellas would be nice.
We would definitely return to the Sheraton!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple