“Still a Work In Progress” 3 of 5 bubbles

Sheraton Indianapolis Hotel at Keystone Crossing
Ranked #19 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersGold level
Falls Church, Virginia
“Still a Work In Progress”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2012

As noted in a couple earlier reviews there are some renovations underway at this Sheraton but apparently all the sleeping rooms are completed (mine was). Very comfortable and well-appointed rooms and common areas. The exercise room is exceptional for a hotel! Mulitple treadmills and ellipticals as well as weight machines -- all in excellent condition. The pool looked very nice although I did not use it. My only complaint, that would otherwise have given this property the highest rating, was the elevators. Only half of them were working. One of the nights I was there a large convention/meeting was in progress causing delays and over-crowding in the elevators. I would have walked but it gets tiring from the ninth floor; and there were several floor above mine. Also be aware that there is a fair amount of construction in the immediate area around the malls that are adjacent to the property.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank chisos73
SheratonIndy, Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis Hotel at Keystone Crossing, responded to this review, 1 November 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback about your recent stay. We are glad to hear that you had a comfortable stay and were able to utilize our fitness facility! We apologize for your wait with the elevators. We are almost complete renovating them. The Fashion Mall that we are connected to will complete a multi-million dollar renovation November 16th and will have some great new additions. We hope if your travels bring you back to Indianapolis you will choose to stay with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Korean first
Willowbrook, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2012

The hotel is in the middle of a remodel. The lobby and meeting room areas are still being worked on, but it appears most of the rooms are done. Our room was nicely remodeled, comfortable, and up-to-date. There was an odd smell in the hallway outside (probably from said remodel), but it didn't permeate the room itself. But the hotel in general was very comfy and nice.

One important warning: the signage within the hotel is poor (and clearly not yet remodeled), so it's a little too easy to get lost, especially if you're coming from the parking garage next door.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room that's been remodeled.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SheratonIndy, Manager at Sheraton Indianapolis Hotel at Keystone Crossing, responded to this review, 9 October 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
We appreciate you choosing to stay at our hotel. We have completed all of our guestroom rennovations and will start on our meeting space in November and will be complete in January. Our meeting space rennovations will not have any impact on our guestroom floors. We will also be updating all of our hotel signage to digital to better assist all of our customers in the public spaces on the first and second floors. We are glad that you were able to have a comfortable stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the very near future.
Scottsdale, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2012

I happened to see another review from a guest who stayed at this property the same miserable weekend that I was there - Aug 9-12th 2012. This hotel fails on several levels - all hospitality related and poor choices by staff. The first issue can probably go back to the sales dept. They booked a convention which is called "Fur Con" or something along those lines. It was a "Furry Convention" which you probably never heard of before. Basically the convention is a large group of people who dress up in various furry costumes and act and behave like animals. Truth is indeed stranger than fiction. There was no warning by staff at check-in alerting me to the bizarre convention. These guests disrupted the entire hotel by basically acting like animals. The hotel did not have enough security and failed to make the normal guests feel comfortable. The last night of my stay, the Furry convention had a wild, all night party. They trashed parts of the hotel, ruined the club floor lounge for SPG guests like myself. They were running amok banging on room doors, yelling, drinking, smoking - you name it. The police were called. Needless to say, when I checked out on Sunday morning, the front desk clerk asked me how I enjoyed my stay. With bleary eyes and 4 hours of bad sleep, I explained how disappointed I was in the lack of security, poor choice of booking this group, etc. He agreed saying that he was upset at the sales department and verified that hotel security was incompetent and police were on property. He said that he would refund 1 night (I had 2 rooms) and give me 1500 spg points. I just wanted to leave asap so I agreed. Well, the refund never appeared on my AMEX bill. I called the hotel multiple times and got the run-around. My last call to the property, the front desk said that all of the managers were busy (front desk, accounting, general manager) and that if I wanted to inquire about why I never received my credit as promised, I could complain to the corporate HQ. I really shouldn't have paid my bill at all. Finally after 2 months of the hotel not giving me what they promised, I called the corporate offices. After an HOUR of explaining, the lady said she would mail me a check for about $100. Other issues - as mentioned in another review - broken elevators, dirty lobby, poor lighting and terrible staff. Do yourself a favor and avoid this place.

Room Tip: Stay on a low floor since the elevators may not work.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank S L
Dear Valued Guest,
I want to sincerely apologize for your experience at our hotel. What you experienced from a service level is not our standard. We did have a few large conventions in the weekend that you stayed and they had a lot of public space activities. We will utilize your feedback with our staff to better assist our customers. Again, we apologize for not meeting your expectations and hope in the future you will give us another opportunity to exceed.
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2012

I visited this facility for short stays two weeks consecutively. Generally speaking I will give the hotel good reviews. The hotel is clean and the beds were very comfortable. I had two experiences however, where one bellman stepped in and truly went above and beyond. The first occasion happened when they had repaved the front entrance to the hotel. I had never been there before and I had no idea where to park and or how to get into the hotel. When I arrived I had no idea of how to enter so I called the hotel, and I was told to go to the North parking garage and I could take the walkway across. It was 9:00 PM, raining, and I was from out of town so I had no idea what direction that was. I finally found the dark parking garage and the elevator. When I entered the elevator the sign said "Cross walk to hotel located on ___ floor. It didn't give me a floor. I then took the elevator to the first floor and the doors had red tape in an "X" over them. Back into the elevator I went and pressed the help button. The operator told me to go to the third floor to find the crosswalk. Wrong, it was actually on the 2nd. I FINALLY found a door to enter the hotel and by that time I was furious!! Really, should it be that much trouble just to get inside. The hotel could have texted or sent an e-mail to guests arriving that night, but they did not. The young lady at the front desk was very accomodating and offered to upgrade me to the club level. The bellman graciously offered to help me to my room, but by that time I was in the "No thanks, I would rather just do it myself mood." I found out later his name was Tony Rivas and he had come to the U.S. to escape a dangerous situation in his own country in South America. I finally relented and let Tony help me upstairs, but now it gets even funnier. You have to use your key card to access the 12th floor. Tony used his card and it took us to the 4th floor and back down again. He did again with the same results. Finally, on the 3rd try we made it to the 12th floor. My second trip exactly a week later was a little less eventful. I was at the hotel for a conference and I had had boxes shipped ahead of time. I had to wait 45 minutes for anyone to locate the boxes. I was told by 2 individuals that they were not there. Finally I spotted Tony Rivas, gave him a description of the boxes, and told him the approximate quantity. He came out with one set of boxes, but those were not mine. He returned to their storage and the 2nd time he came out with my boxes. That was two weeks in a row he had come to my rescue. Another situation happened on the 2nd day when I asked the front desk to send a bellman to the 2nd floor to help me load the boxes at the close of the event. I waited 15 minutes and no one came so I went downstairs myself, got a bellman cart, and loaded the boxes myself. Room service was fast, courteous, and the food was good too. The valet parking attendants were very courteous and helpful. Overall there is room for improvement and it appears that some of the staff really do not want to go above and beyond. I think I will try the Marriott right around the corner the next time!

Room Tip: I hope you do not have to use the bell service, but if you do I hope Tony is there!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your feedback and sharing your recent experience with our hotel and staff. We really appreciate your kind comments about Tony and will share with him. I sincerely apologize for the communication while we were having our exterior lots resurfaced. We will definately utilize your feedback to better assist our customers when looking for packages or bell assistance. What you experienced on your second visit is not our standard of service. We hope that you will give us another opportunity in the near future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2012 via mobile

It had been a few years since I had stayed here for business. Since then, they have done some improvements and remodeling. Definitely for the better, although it wasn't bad before. A great place for attending a conference.

Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank John K
Dear Valued Guest,
We appreciate your nice comments about our facility. We definately completed a guestroom renovation to help enhance our customers experience. We will pass your comments to our housekeeping team so they know your satisfaction. We hope to see you back again for another conference or a weekend get-a-way soon.
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2012

I checked into the hotel on 9/21. I loved my stay. Very nice and clean hotel. Also, a good location. My room was clean, spacious, and very nice. And i loved the see-through showers. The Front Desk staff was friendly and nice. (Richard, Tierra). The pool was awesooommmmeeeeeeee! the hot tub was lovely. Overall, i really enjoyed my stay at the Sheraton Keystone Hotel. Keep up the good work!!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tanesha J
Dear Valued Guest,
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of some amenities in the hotel that we provide for our guests. We appreciate your nice comments about Richard and Tierra and will definately pass them on. We will see you again soon!
WI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2012

Recently stayed the weekend for a business mtg. Now I am not one of those that likes to exercise and will poke my head inside a hotel exercise room and that's it. But I recently made a committment to get in better shape so I made it a point to visit the room. Very clean and modern. Besides your usual treadmills, bikes and ellipticals, there were decent free weights and room for do core work (with exercise balls, foam rollers and some rope thingies). There was a large poster that showed all kinds of exercises and how to use the items, with plenty of floor mats. I really liked the poster because the core exercises were exactly what my physical therapist prescribed. I wish I could get one for my house! The room also had cool face towels and headsets if you forgot or lost your own.

The beds were super comfy (slept very well). I love the fluffy white bedding. Rooms were clean. THey are about to remodel all of the meeting space, so I'm sure it will be even better next spring when I return. The rooms looked modern, but I did notice they may need to remodel the hallways soon (who knows, maybe they will be in the mtg space remodel). The doors were scratched on the outside and looked old. Also noticed some broken tile trim in the hall.

I will definitel;y consider Sheraton again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank WiMommyof3
Dear Valued Guest,
We appreciate your positive feedback about your stay and our facilities. We definately have one of the largest hotel fitness centers in the area with all new equipment. We are glad to hear that you had a comfortable stay and will see you back again in the spring!