The Westin Indianapolis
US$137
US$137
US$125
1,521 results
All reviewsconvention centerheavenly bedshula's steakhouselucas oil stadiumcapitol buildingthe club loungeself parkparking garagedowntown arearoom keycolts gamethe room was nicestarbucksconferencemallvaletskywalk
Reviewed 27 April 2012

stayed 4 nights for a trade show. hotel was fine but it could be time to update the room and bathroom. service was better than average and the people pleasant and helpful. attached to convention center, so weather will not be a problem. excellent location to visit downtown.

Room Tip: walk to the mall. when weather is an issue you can travel to the mall and downtown on the second floor (covered)
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback concerning our hospitality staff and our location. I am very pleased to hear that your experience with our associates/location was a positive one. Thank you for your feedback concerning the room and the bathroom as well. We will take all of your comments into careful consideration and hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the future.

Thank You!

Reviewed 27 April 2012

It is 12:15 am and I am currently up in the hotel listening to my neighbors conversations because the walls are so thin. Apparently this is also the party floor because about every 20 minutes you hear doors slamming and gatherings in the halls. Have called security twice tonight and last night with no results.

Room has VERY small bathroom and smells of mothballs.

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless you need a place to party ALL night

Dear Valued Guest,

I am so very sorry to hear that your experience at our hotel was a negative one. I sincerely apologize that you were unable to rest due to the surroundings and that when you reached out to security the situation was no remedied. Please know that we take all of your comments very seriously and will make efforts to correct any and all issues brought to our attention. I truly hope that we have an opportunity to host you again in any future stays you have in Indianapolis. Thank you for your honest feedback.

Thanks!

Reviewed 23 April 2012

No real complaints here. Our service was great, room was clean and acceptable for the price (a little dated, but not too much of a concern), and it was a very easy couple of block walk to the attactions and fining dining downtown.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank erinmoliver
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are very pleased to hear that you were pleased with your experience and are grateful that you took the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. We are sincerely appreciative of your kind words and hope that we will have the opportunity to host you again during any future stays in Indianapolis.

Thank You!

Reviewed 22 April 2012

Spent time in Indianapolis for convention. The best thing about the Westin is it's location to the convention center. You could be on a 15 minute break and make it up to your room and back to conference room in the convention center. The lobby is nice, has comfortable feel with good lighting and nice spots to read a book. The workout area and pool area are great, plenty of space and equipment.

Down sides of my stay. The front desk staff was somewhere between rude and acknowledging I was there. You need a room key to go up the elevators, I lost my room key in the gym, had to go down to the front desk for a new key. This was a challenge and wasted a good portion of my morning. The room itself is not very well lit, the bathroom is small and lacks a fan. Since the bathroom does not have a fan, mold is on the ceiling.

For down time leave the hotel, left on Washington st. will take you down to the river walk.

Reviewed 17 April 2012

I even got upgraded to the Executive Floor and it really wasn't any great shakes. It looked like the hotel had a few fresh touches since my last visit - probably in preparation for the Super Bowl - but it was still the tired and outdated typical Westin design. In order to accommodate power plugs for a PC and a phone, they added a multi outlet extension under the desk. Newer hotel designs have these built directly into the desk.

I think my my biggest issue was the tiny bathroom, which seems to have been my trend lately for Starwood properties including another Westin last week and a W the week before. The dual 'Heavenly Shower' head was partially clogged and in need of replacement.

The staff is friendly and courteous and that part you will remember. The only restaurant choice in the hotel is a Shula's Steak House. While likely popular with the convention crowd (convention center is across the street), I found it to be overpriced with the usual obscene portions of food offered. Although tasty, the sheer size of the portions were rather disgusting.

Think Marriott and expense accounts and you'll have this hotel properly assessed before your arrival.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am truly sorry that your experience did not meet your expectation and that you were displeased with different aspects of your stay. I do greatly appreciate you taking the time to make mention of the hospitality offered by staff, and genuinely hope that we will have the opportunity to host you again during any future trips you make to Indianapolis.

Thank you again for your feedback.