“Comfortable and convenient”

Ranked #24 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Urbana, Illinois
“Comfortable and convenient”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012

We stayed here on an overnight trip to Indy for some sightseeing and shopping. We got the hotel from price line for a very reasonable $70 with all fees plus $28 for parking.

Pros
- conveniently located in downtown. We walked everywhere.
- comfortable beds and clean room
- great view of city and square

Cons
- tiny bathroom. Hard for one person to get ready, two was not possible.
- air conditioner was loud when turning on
- walls were a little thin. Could hear neighbors talking.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, 9 October 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate you taking the time to point out the positives of your stay as well as the areas that you feel could be improved upon. Thank you for your kind words about our location, cleanliness and signature Westin Heavenly Bed. Your comments are appreciated and we look forward to any future opportunities that we may have to host you.

Thank You!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a professional conference. The front desk staff - and all hotel employees I encountered - were pleasant and service-focused. My room had a view of the fountain. It was clean, comfortable and spacious. I realized it had been a while since I'd stayed in a "Heavenly Bed" and it lived up to it's name! I also enjoyed the "Heavenly Shower" and the availability of a bathrobe for after my showers.

The carpet in the hallways looked a bit dingy, but other than some escalator issues in the conference are on the last day of the conference, the rest of the common areas of the hotel were in good condition.

The exercise room was enormous. There was a wide variety of cardio equipment as well as an assortment of free weights. The pool area was adjacent to the exercise center. Although I didn't use it, I was kicking myself for not bringing a suit because it looked extremely inviting.

Parking was pricy. I chose to self park since I arrived before check-in and didn't want to deal with storing my luggage. Since I arrived at the same time as the Colts home opener, I was charged a surcharge at the garage.

I appreciated the "green" option and the reward offered by the hotel for choosing the "green" (no housekeeping) option.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are so appreciative of the opportunity to host you as well as of you taking the time to provide us with feedback about your experience. I am delighted to hear that your experience with our staff left you feeling welcomed, as well as to hear that you enjoyed the signature Heavenly Bed & Shower options. Thank you for informing us about the areas of focus that you feel could be improved upon as well as for singling out the green option that is made available to all guests. Our eco efforts are of great importance to us and we are elated to hear that our guests appreciate the option. We look forward to any future opportunities that we may have to welcome you back to our city and to our hotel.

JACKSONVILLE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2012

This hotel is conveniently located to all of the downtown Indianpolis businesses, including the Convention Center and Lucas Oil Stadium. Everyone was polite, helpful and pleasant. The rooms were nicely decorated. The only negative thing I can say about this location is that there are no USB ports or docking stations located in the rooms.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate your comments in regard to our location, staff and rooms as well as the feedback about in room USB ports. We greatly value all feedback from our guests and continually are looking to enhance the overall guest experience. Thank you for taking the time to relay your observations to us, we hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2012

Great 3 day stay. Room was nice and clean and got free water and USA Today daily. Shula's Restaurant was great and service throughout was outstanding. Roomy conference and gathering areas, the gym was nice with headphones and towels provided. Nice equipment. Connects to the convention center. Mall and many great restaurants near by. Go to St Elmo's and get the shrimp cocktail!

Room Tip: Away from elevators.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, 25 October 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are excited to hear that you had such a pleasant experience during your visit to Indianapolis and at our hotel. The overall satisfaction of our guests is of great important to us and we thank you for your feedback regarding our rooms and work out facility. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again during any future travels you may make to Indianapolis.

Thank you!
Charlotte NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

I have to compliment the staff, they were great, nothing was too much trouble. The hotel was nicely appointed throughout. Great steak house onsite. The club level breakfast room was too small to cater for conference volumes. In addition the rooms were perfect for singles or couples but the bathroom was tiny. There was no way 2 people could get ready a the same time. The other strange thing was the airconditioning, it came on every 40 seconds for 10 seconds. It made it difficult to watch TV or fall into a deep sleep.

Room Tip: We tried 2 different rooms they were the same.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, 26 September 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your valuable insight. Thank you for your comments concerning our staff, outlets and room as well as for the information pertaining to air conditioning and club floor breakfast option. We will visit all of the issues raised and thank you for your input. We look forward to any opportunity to host you in the future.

South of the Border, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

We just got back from a three night stay for business purposes. We paid $159 per night and other than showing it's age, [kinda worn and tired looking rooms] nothing to complain about. Service was first class, from check in to minor issues in our room, to check out. Every staff person was eager to help. Nice gym, pool, hot tub.

We were there for a 3-day conference and want to share that the facilities, equipment etc was great. No complaints about too cold, too warm, equipment malfunctionin. We had two sit down lunches and the food was surprisingly good! The staff was extremely efficient serving and clearing.

The location was perfect - easy walk to GREAT restauants and the beautiful canal/river walk. The Schuler Steakhouse on the 2nd floor was good [I had the best sea bass ever!]. Again, great service.

Not a Hyatt, but we weren't expecting that level at $159 per night.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am elated to hear the details of your experience and appreciative that you took the time to relay the information. Thank you for your kind words in regards to our associates, Westin Work Out facility and dining outlets. The guest experience is of the highest value to us and I am excited to hear that your experience was of such a positive nature. Please know that we will greatly look forward to any future opportunities that we may have to host you again.

Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2012

My husband and I checked into this hotel last Friday night. We checked in about 11:30pm after seeing Kevin Heart that night. We were really tired and when we arrived, our check in was quick and front desk staff were very nice. I booked this hotel thru priceline, $117 night, not bad for this hotel. I would not give this hotel 4 stars becasue it's a little old. Our room was nice, however the hall ways floors were dirty(carpet), our room door was scuffed up, there was a burn in our room on the floor, our room smelled like mildew and as you entered the tiny, tiny, I mean tiny bathroom, the carpet was coming up. However, the room was clean, the bathroom was clean, we got free internet in our room for this weekend becasue they were running some promotion. the walls are thin, we did hear people across from us, very loud, but only for a short period of time. I would give this hotel 3 stars, not 4. I have stayed in better Westin hotels. I would stay here again, because our stay was pleasant, but this was not a 4 star hotel. I ahve stayed in 4 star Westin hotels. I think this hotel may need some updating and larger bathrooms. On the plus side, the beds were heavenly, pillows soft and the shower was awsome. Like I said, I would stay here again but only thru priceline. I wold have been upset if I would have payed top dollar for this hotel.

Room Tip: Request a room with a larger bathroom!!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TonifromOhio
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, 24 September 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your comments, both positive and negative. Thank you for your kind words in regards to our front desk staff and signature Heavenly Beds. I do apologize for any inconveniences that you encountered but assure you that all issues raised will be thoroughly investigated. I do want to clarify for any future stays that you may have with us that basic internet is now available in the guest rooms at all times. We received a lot of feedback from our valuable guests, like yourself, in regards to in room internet and recently implemented the change in response to our guests needs. Thank you for sharing your feedback, we greatly look forward to any future opportunities that we may have to host you again.