“Nice hotel, good service”

The Westin Indianapolis
Ranked #24 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Nice hotel, good service”
Reviewed 6 March 2013

Had a great experience here last weekend. Having booked through a discount online site, I figured we were doomed to get a crappy room but we were given a lovely, large end room with a view straight in to Lucas Oil Stadium at night, which was cool. Efficient, friendly service, and we were granted a late check out with no problem at all. Only downsides were the carpet and wallpaper in the hallways looked a little worse for wear (though inside the room was perfect, love that Heavenly Bed!) and the $28 to park overnight seems hefty for a city in the Midwest, even in the heart of downtown.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Carluke
Reviewed 4 March 2013

We were over for a show at the convention centre and were delighted to find there was a joined walkway to the hotel. Rooms were immaculate and the beds were super comfy. The facilities were also good and the staff were helpful. Having a starbucks in the hotel was very handy too. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Indy for a show.

Downers Grove, Illinois
Reviewed 3 March 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at most of the downtown Indy hotels. It is true...the walls are thin so if you get a noisy neighbor,rest assured the hotel will not ignore it. They were very helpful and handled our issue very professionally. I found this westin to be clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. Easy walk to the convention center. Coffee in the lobby. Priced better than JW for the same type of room. Have made the switch from Marriott to westin in Indy!

Stayed January 2013
Kimberling City, Missouri
Reviewed 1 March 2013

Just wanted to follow up my previous review by mentioning the Westin website would not allow me to post my review. I tried omitting motel names, pricing, etc., but website form stated it would not allow my review due to inappropriate language. This is a copy of my review before I edited the text to try to comply with their review submittal rules.

Feels like an Uppity Days Inn with inside room access. My wife and I travel 6-8 times per year on business. We normally stay at Drury Hotels when convenient. However, we picked Westin because it was the only connecting convention center hotel with rooms available. We reserved 2 months in advance. Upon arrival we discovered our only parking choices at the hotel were $28 per day self-park or $32 valet-park. Of course since we were attending the convention they graciously discounted the valet-parking to $24 per day. The king bed room was cramped. No refrigerator in room (we were told there was). However they did bring one to the room. It blended perfectly with the dated furnishings completing the ambiance of a roadside motel room. The bathroom was tiny. The bathtub had the most retarded water saving shower head assembly I have ever used. It required acrobatic moves to rinse out your ears. Fortunately I discovered it had an attached hand held shower head. This proved very useful (after recovering from the initial blast of ice cold water) in completing the operation including rinsing the scum from my shins and feet caused by the slow drain (all the while dodging the random spray from leaking fittings). The walls are thin. Of course it didn't help that our door was directly across from a housekeeping staff work center. The restaurant buffet was terrible one morning but better another. Two nights of sleeping were interrupted. The first night at 9:00 pm. my wife called for a 6:00 am wake-up call. At 11:30 pm the hotel staff called our room asking if we wanted a second wake-up call. The following night the automated wake-up service dialed our room around midnight and again at 1:30 am (we had asked for a 6:00 am call). We stayed a total of four nights costing over $860.00. I am essentially easy to please and don't require or expect special amenities. However, since we were paying premium prices I expected much more than we received. Did I mention the staff made you feel like you weren't good enough to stay at their hotel?

Kimberling City, Missouri
Reviewed 1 March 2013

Feels like an Uppity Days Inn with inside room access. My wife and I travel 6-8 times per year on business. We normally stay at Drury Hotels when convenient. However, we picked Westin because it was the only connecting convention center hotel with rooms available. We reserved 2 months in advance. Upon arrival we discovered our only parking choices at the hotel were $28 per day self-park or $32 valet-park. Of course since we were attending the convention they graciously discounted the valet-parking to $24 per day. The king bed room was cramped. No refrigerator in room (we were told there was). However they did bring one to the room. It blended perfectly with the dated furnishings completing the ambiance of a roadside motel room. The bathroom was tiny. The bathtub had the most retarded water saving shower head assembly I have ever used. It required acrobatic moves to rinse out your ears. Fortunately I discovered it had an attached hand held shower head. This proved very useful (after recovering from the initial blast of ice cold water) in completing the operation including rinsing the scum from my shins and feet caused by the slow drain (all the while dodging the random spray from leaking fittings). The walls are thin. Of course it didn't help that our door was directly across from a housekeeping staff work center. The restaurant buffet was terrible one morning but better another. Two nights of sleeping were interrupted. The first night at 9:00 pm. my wife called for a 6:00 am wake-up call. At 11:30 pm the hotel staff called our room asking if we wanted a second wake-up call. The following night the automated wake-up service dialed our room at 11:55 pm and again around 12:15 am (we had asked for a 6:00 am call). We stayed a total of four nights costing over $860.00. I am essentially easy to please and don't require or expect special amenities. However, since we were paying premium prices I expected much more than we received. Did I mention the staff made you feel like you weren't good enough to stay at their hotel?

1 Thank Jon H
Chesterfield, Missouri
Reviewed 28 February 2013

Nick P. at the front desk went out of his way to get me a great room. The hotel was busy with the NFL Combine and the folks at the front desk were working very hard to accomodte everyone. I am an SPG Platinum member and asked for an upgraded room, and Nick P. got me in to the Presidential Suite! It was a wonderful space.

2 Thank Reba392
Reviewed 27 February 2013

After waiting with my 8 month old daughter for an hour after our arrival to the hotel for our room to be cleaned (even though it was past check in time), we finally get up to the room and the floors in the bathroom are sticky (yuck!) and there was mud all over the ottoman. I called the front desk to be switched to a clean room, and after being on hold for 10 mins I was transferred to the front desk manager on duty, who says there aren't any other rooms available. I did not pay $250 to stay in a place where I had to clean my own bathroom/living room! I do a lot of traveling, and have stayed at many different Westin locations, and this location does NOT live up to the name. You would be better off staying at the JW Marriott, Hyatt, or the Conrad. BTW, absolutely NO compensation for my time wasted waiting on my room was given... Oh, besides one young lady who apologized for the "inconvenience." I'd say inconvenience is an understatement!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2013