“Really satisfied”

Ranked #24 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
Lima, Peru
“Really satisfied”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I attended to the SMRP 21st Annual Conference in Indianapolis and between the three options offered by the organization I choose the Westin.
It was a good choice. Rooms are very comfortable, beds are excellent including the pillows.
It was easy to access the Indiana Convention Center by the skywalk.
I made use of "The Green Choice" is rewarding to help to the environment and to receive something back in your consumes or SPG points.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
How cool!! Thanks a lot for your great review. Glad you had a great stay

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Charleston, Wv
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I stayed at the Westin as an attendee at a national conference. I found the staff to be very friendly, efficient and helpful. My room was clean and the beds was one of the most comfortable I've ever encountered away from home. I got a great night's sleep that prepared me well for a long drive the next day. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there on my next trip to Indianapolis!

Room Tip: My room was at the very end of the third floor. Very quiet, yet a short walk to the pool & fitne...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, 27 October 2013
Thank you very much for you kind comments about our staff our hotel and our great location. We appreicate the great feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed there for a night with my husband and 3 year old daughter. It was midnight and people were still walking through the halls, so noisy we couldn't sleep. We ended up leaving the hotel that night and just drove home.

• Stayed March 2013
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Thanks for the feedback from your stay last March. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience and will use it to make our guest experience better in the future.
Franklin, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel October 19-21. We absolutely love visiting Indianapolis as it is one of our favorite cities. We were in town for the Colts vs. Broncos game and decided to give the Westin a try. The hotel is extremely conveniently located within walking distance to shopping, restaurants, and Lucas oil. The convention center and Skywalk are very convenient and make for a great means of easy transportation without having to actually go down and walk on the street. Before I review the hotel let me preface by saying I have stayed at the Westin in Atlanta and it is literally a top notch five star hotel... so I was expecting the same from this Westin (Indy) which may contribute somewhat to my slight disappointment.
The Pros: The bed was extremely comfortable and made for a great nights rest. Very conveniently located. Extremely friendly service at the front desk, everyone was very accommodating! There is a Starbucks near the lobby which was great!
The Cons: The hotel was very clean however, there was trash left in our trashcans from the previous guests (not a big deal) everything else was very clean. The bathroom is small but the shower is very nice. You have to pay $28/day to park so when we left we had an additional cost of $56 for parking (which is ok considering we didn't have to pay to park at the stadium/fight for parking downtown etc.). Another downside to me was the fact that there was no refrigerator in our room; we had to call and request a fridge that was brought in on a rolley cart and sat on the floor.
Overall this hotel is a great place to stay if your just in town for a couple days. Great staff, great location, could use some updating, and could use some better guest room accommodations! Would probably stay here again!

Room Tip: There is construction going on so a higher floor level prevents outside noise. Great views of the c...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Thanks for your great comments, we truly appreciate the feedback. As people will read in all the trip advisor comments, we are just starting our guest room renovation. The renovation will include new dressers, new electrical outlets in the desk and at the night stand, additional lighting in the bathrooms and through out the guest room. Every room will have a new refrigerator along with the mini bar. In addition, all the king bedder rooms get a new sleeper sofa which will create an additional bed for those who require that option. We are extremely excited that we are taking care of all the issues that people have with the layout of our rooms. This will all be a compliment to our great location and our awesome people. As with every other hotel in downtown, we do charge for parking.
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

This is a great location connected to many things by skywalk. However, there are other hotels next door with the same set up. Our family has stayed her every year for a convention for 10 years or so. The halls and rooms are dirty and stained. The heavenly beds have turned to flat hard mattresses. One morning did not get our wake up call. There are no outlets anywhere near the night stands. So unless they redo everything to include the electrical we won't be back. To other outlets did not work as well. This includes the only one in the bathroom. They did fix it, but with an ill fitting patch job.

• Stayed October 2013
Thanks for the great feedback, we appreciate that and have taken it all into account as we proceed through our guestroom renovation. You'll be happy to learn that everything you pointed out is included. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the spring.
Dunn, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 October 2013

My son and I stayed at the Westin Indianapolis October 17-21 for the DoItBest Market. Prior to arrival I had read the reviews on Trip Advisor. We were on a business trip so I was trying to keep expenses down. Therefore, I called several days before we left for Indy to discuss the amount of fees the hotel charges for internet use. I was so pleased to find out that if I would sign up for their rewards program I would recieve complimentary internet for the duration of our stay. Thanks to Phillip this indeed was the case!

Checkin was very smooth. We arrived early and had no idea we would be able to check into our room. We were thrilled to find out they had our room ready and in we went. Some of what I read on Trip Advisor was accurate information. The rooms are a bit dated. However, by no means does that mean not clean nor comfortable. One of the first things you see upon entering the lobby are displays showing examples of the upcoming room renovations. I look forward to being able to take advantage of the look next year when we attend the DoItBest Market.

The staff was GREAT! Specific shout outs to Phillip and Anthony for being great assets to the Westin family. You guys really made us feel like our business was appreciated even though we were not football players (The Colts stayed there for the game) or repeat VIP clients.

In closing, we will stay at the Westin next year and I am looking forward to it. By the time we left we felt at home.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Glad to hear you had such a great stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again. Thanks for the great review and the great feedback.
South Bend, Indiana
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We were in town for a weekend and had a great stay at the Westin Indy. The rooms were as comfortable as expected and the staff friendly and helpful. The downtown location is the best. It is mere blocks away (easy walking distance) to restaurants, shopping, and Lucas Oil. We were in town for the Colts/Broncos a great location!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Thanks for the great comments about your great stay!! We apprecate your feedback about the hotel and the city. Everything was capped off by an awesome football game.