“Comfortable but needs some updating and personality”

The Westin Indianapolis
Ranked #23 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Overall a good stay. Room was comfortable but looked liked the remodel guys stopped before they were do e with the crown moulding in the room. It only went about half way around the top of the room. The shower needed a good scrubbing as it was looking a bit moldy in spots. The media patch in hooked to the tv was a major plus.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Thanks for your great comments. Just so you know, the renovation starts in a week. We are looking forward to a great new product.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

My wife and myself went to Indianapolis to attend a convention held at the Westin Indianapolis just last week. As a SPG I asked for an upgrade, i was told by mail that the upgrade was effective. Upon arrival we noted that some work was been done in the outside of the Hotel. No one, came to the taxi to help unload our luggage, even the bell boys were looking at us. Our room was in Club Level 14, dirty corridors that looked uncleaned were our welcome. The room was equally dirty, we had some snacks from the mini bar and were replaces three days later. The food at the Gala Dinners was poor, no taste, the servers were like robots didn't speak, bread was like stone cold two day at teh fridge. A shame I strongly recommed not comming to this mess. I forget the concierge was never availabl and there is no shuttle service . TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

I'm truly sorry to hear about your bad experience. We take great pride in our hotel and our people. I will share your feedback with the team and want you to know that we will use it to help make all our guest experiences more enjoyable.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

At first upon booking I was excited to stay here at this hotel for the first time. When we arrived I was asked if we wanted to upgrade to a suite level at no extra charge (previously paid extra for the club upgrade per an email I had received and the suite level was an option but chose not to because of the price), so I said sure and signed up for their award perks card. When we got to our room, we expected a view of "something" but all we had a view of was the vents on the fifth floor. No trash bags in the trash cans which I thought was odd. Anyway, coming back to our room that night about 9 or so we were winding down to get ready for bed since we had to be someone early in the morning. It was so noisy in the hallway for awhile and during the middle of the night the room next door was having a little too much fun. Loud, headboard or something banging against the wall and etc. Overall was not impressed especially after previously had stayed at the Marriott and had world class service. Surprised also no microwave or fridge. There was a mini bar fridge, but not for personal use but for items to buy. It was $5.00 for a single bag of M & M's, $4.00 for a can of coke, $8.00 or so for a miniature bottle of say vodka, crown royal and etc. I really had no interaction with the staff other then checking in which was fine. One Pro that I liked was that you could only access the elevator unless you had your door card.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Thanks for the feedback. We truly appreciate the fact that you took the time to comment on your stay.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

I rarely sleep well at hotels. Had a great night's sleep here. Location was convenient to lots of restaurants, and a good walk to our event at the Fieldhouse. Pool area was outstanding-heated pool and non-slip floor. Clean. Stainless steel hottub so it didn't feel like a Petri dish like lots of hot tubs feel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MrsUnkraut
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2013

Thank yoiu for the fantastic review and the great comments about the bed, the pool and our location. We love having your group with us and look forward to next time.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

The Westin Indianapolis feels like virtually every other Westin I've stayed in - clean, modern, comfortable with decent service throughout. It is a large hotel with a somewhat impersonal feel and I was a little peeved at being charged $35 per day for valet parking.

However, it is a great location, adjacent to the convention center (with indoor access) and easy to walk to Lucas Oil Stadium or virtually every other attraction and restaurant in downtown Indianapolis.

If you can get a room for less than $140/night it's definitely worth a try.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

I love reading the word spectacular as much as writing it. Your feedback is truly apprciated and will be shared with the entire team. Thank you so much for you kind words.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

I attended to the SMRP 21st Annual Conference in Indianapolis and between the three options offered by the organization I choose the Westin.
It was a good choice. Rooms are very comfortable, beds are excellent including the pillows.
It was easy to access the Indiana Convention Center by the skywalk.
I made use of "The Green Choice" is rewarding to help to the environment and to receive something back in your consumes or SPG points.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

How cool!! Thanks a lot for your great review. Glad you had a great stay

Reviewed 26 October 2013

I stayed at the Westin as an attendee at a national conference. I found the staff to be very friendly, efficient and helpful. My room was clean and the beds was one of the most comfortable I've ever encountered away from home. I got a great night's sleep that prepared me well for a long drive the next day. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there on my next trip to Indianapolis!

Room Tip: My room was at the very end of the third floor. Very quiet, yet a short walk to the pool & fitne...