“Best service”

The Westin Indianapolis
Ranked #23 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

You cannot compare the service at the hotel to any place else! The staff goes out of their way to make your stay enjoyable and stress free. The rooms are great the location is unbeatable, the ammenities just what we needed. My only criticism is paying for wifi in the rooms! Even mcDonald's has free WiFi!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Thank you for the great comments about our awesome staff. We truly appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again soon.

There are newer reviews for The Westin Indianapolis

Reviewed 3 April 2014

I spent four nights here for a conference this past weekend, and my stay was wonderful. The shower and bed are so relaxing and amazing, and it was a great retreat from the busy days of conference.

The hotel is recently renovated and looks immaculate, and every staff member that I came into contact with was friendly, polite, and personable. The only qualm that I had was that the hotel was slightly difficult to navigate to, but once we parked our car, it was great to not have to drive anywhere during the entire weekend.

1  Thank Phil R

Thanks for your great comments about your excellent experience. we truly appreicate that you chose us for your stay in Indianapolis.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Spent the past weekend in Indianapolis (March 28th-March 31st) and stayed at the very conveniently located Westin. The hotel's appearance is very clean and the staff was very helpful and pleasant.
Located blocks from almost everything in downtown, the location is excellent. The view from my room was that of the capitol building and I could see just a corner of Lucas Oil Stadium.
An added feature, which I liked, was that you needed your room key to activate the elevators. This added an extra peace of mind for the safety of my family.
The hotel is connected to the convention center via a covered sky bridge. You can use this same sky bridge to navigate a good portion of downtown and stay out of the elements. It is, however, closed (I believe) from 11pm-6am.
The only negative comment that I can muster is that while wifi is free in the common areas, is it a paid service in your room. For a hotel of this quality, and certainly for a hotel at this pricepoint, I expect for the wifi to be complimentary.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Thank you for the great feedback and review for your stay with us last week. We truly appreciate that you chose to stay with us and that your experience met your expectation. We look forward to welcoming you back again when your travels bring you to Indy.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

As a frequent business traveler, this property has exceeded all of my expectations. The entire hotel has been recently remodeled, included a very large workout facility on the 3rd floor. The location is conveniently located in the center of downtown Indy, close to restaurants and some night life. The Shulas's restaurant, while a bit pricey, offers some of the best steak in the city. The guest rooms of large, clean, and comfortable. Most importantly, all of the staff are genuinely friendly. I would recommend the hotel to anyone looking to stay downtown Indianapolis.

Room Tip: If you can, try to get a room on the club floors (14 or 15)
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

It is always fun to read such a great review and see that you enjoyed your time here with us. We really appreciate that you chose to stay with us and can't wait to see you again.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

This property was wonderful for a conference. The suite was spacious and looked as if it had just been redone. The staff was superb and very helpful. The walkway to the mall was very convenient since the weather was cool. It was nice to be inside all the way to the mall. Darren in he State Room was extremely kind and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for the very nice comments regarding your recent stay with us. We truly appreciate that you and your organization chose to stay with us for your conference and that you had a great time while you were here. We can't wait to have you come visit again soon.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Nice location close to Convention Center. Hotel has been recently remodeled according to website and you can sees signs of that. Staff at the reception desk are attentive and we'll trained but there were more than a few hiccups along the way.

First morning after check in went to Breakfast in Shulas with my son. Ordered the buffet but asked for fresh omelets. Waited almost 45 minutes before waitress brought our check. We reminded her that we hadn't gotten our food yet and she was confused. 30 minutes later still no omelets and I get the hostess. She apologizes but said they are very busy.I respond that there are only 8 tables occupied and several are also having issues. 10 minutes later the waitress comes back to say she didn't like the way the eggs looked and asked for them to be remade (my guess... They sat on the counter until they were garbage). Eggs finally come and they are wrong. I eat mine anyway and my son asks for a new one (again) to go.

Leave the restaurant and go up to our room... door won't open. Back to the front desk and they give me new keys. Up again and door still won't open. Back downstairs and desk calls security (Justin). Justin arrives at room and can't get in either. Leaves and comes back...still no success. I need to leave for Conference so my son waits. Justin finally gets into room and tells my son it was a wiring issue and is fixed. Several hours later go back to room and door is inoperable again. Go back to desk, explain earlier issue and they call Justin. He tells them the lock is fine and to program new keys. I ask about changing rooms and am told there is nothing else available. Back up to the room I go hoping for the best but no such luck. The door won't open. Back down we go, see a different agent, explain our story and she calls Justin, again. She also tells me I am being moved (amazing since there was no availability 5 minutes earlier). Back we go again and someone new from security arrives. He knows nothing of prior attempts by Justin but is equally unsuccessful. Leaves to find Justin and comes back a short while later. Manages to get door open... Finally.

Move to new room and it appears fine. However, housekeeper apparently doesn't like to work thoroughly. First day, soiled towels removed but no replacements left...had to pull them myself off cart in the hall. Today, housekeeper again takes soiled towels, leaves none (nor a bath mat). Also fails to clean sink (toothpaste residue still there) or bathtub. When bed was made, comforter pulled into position but sheets underneath never reset or tucked into mattress. Sloppy work to say the least.

A colleague upgraded to Executive for $40 more per night. Was supposed to include wireless (which it turns out is free to our Conference guests staying at Westin), gym access (also free as every room key opens gym) and access to executive lounge with breakfast, daily hors d'oeuvre and snacks. First day, appetizers were a half tray of fried won tons (ice cold) and a basket of fruit with mold on the oranges. The next morning there was cereal but not a plate or bowl to be found. Certainly not worth a $40 per night upcharge.

Have been to Indy previously for Conferences. Chose Westin because of access to Convention center and marketed "amenities". Would reconsider a future stay..In fact, another organization I belong to us in Indy for a Conference in two years and not sure I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Capitol Street
2  Thank Alan d

We totally get your comments and look forward to fixing them for all future guests. Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

It was March 2014. Our company held our National Sales Meeting (200+ people) in Indy and I was also a new Mom. The only way to make the trip happen was to bring my Mom and baby. The staff, especialy Nick, was extremely helpful in helping me make the experience a positive one. They made sure we had a room that was spacious and bright so my Mom didnt feel like she was stuck in a box for three days. There were extra hands to help us load and unload the "daycare" and they extended our checkout time to match my work's itinerary for the last day of the conference.

Given the situation, I expected some support from the place we were staying but the Westin went above and beyond. They didnt make me feel like they were doing me a favor. It felt more like I was family and they wanted all of us to have a great stay. It was such a relief.

As a side note, this worked out great for a conference venue. The meeting rooms had great accoustics and were spacious. The temps were just right - not too cold or too hot. The food was great. There were lots of options and healthy ones too.

The negatives: There was a little hiccup with Internet access in my room on the third day - something about the account reaching too many connections. they resolved this quickly though. I called the front desk and they had me set up on an alternative account within minutes.

Food variety - While good, I was a litle tired of the same cookies and snacks by the end of the conference.

Room Tip: Being near the elevator made is simple to run upstairs between work sessions and surpisingly there w...
1  Thank Lisa N
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Thanks for the great review and your kind comments about Nick and the team. We all know how difficult it can be to travel these days, especially with a little one. I'm glad that we were able to accommodate you and make the experience more enjoyable.