“A true oasis for convention business in Indy”

The Westin Indianapolis
Ranked #24 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
“A true oasis for convention business in Indy”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

This Westin really understands the focus on those small touches that just define the experience for a traveler. Let's face it: if you do a lot of travel (especially for conferences and meetings and conventions), then you may end up in Indianapolis at some point. If you are also like me, the corporate hotel chains that sponsor these business gatherings (in many professions) all start to look and feel alike. (Sometimes I wonder, "Is this a Courtyard?" or "Does the Marriott have the Starbucks in the lobby or is that the Sheraton?") But from the very first genuine smile and direct eye contact at the highly expedited preferred guest check-in, to the equally welcoming smile and sincere interest in the quality of my stay at check-out, I felt like the staff here wanted me to have an enjoyable stay. The "Heavenly Bed" truly is just that. The special touch of having a soft, comfy bathrobe waiting for me is simply a dream! The rooms are impeccably clean, the bathroom toiletries are soothing, and even the public areas (like hallways, lobby, elevators) all look well attended to. Although my stay was brief, I took great comfort knowing that I could leave my meetings in the various area hotels and the sessions in the attached convention center and escape "work" for a while in my room in the Westin, and enjoy some "leisure" on my own, while the rest of the world went about its business. Well done.

Room Tip: Always use your Starwood Preferred Guest Membership (and bring your card with you) and ask for a roo...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
I was so excited to read your review and then be able to share it with my entire team. We all truly appreciate your kind words and that you chose to share them. Our team works incredibly hard to make our guest experience the best that it can be. Our goal is to have you feel better when you leave than before you arrived. Thanks again for your great feedback, and hopefully you will be back again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Maplewood, Minnesota
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We especially liked the fact that we were so close to the convention center. All staff was very helpful. There was an issue check in. It was 3:30 PM and our room wasn't ready. We were told that we would be notified via our cell phone when the room became available. We still weren't notified after two hours and checked with front desk. Apparently the room had been ready for over an hour but no one phoned us.
Because of the convention in town regular rooms were full so we had a handicapped accessible room. Guess we never thought about what this entails as far as bathroom setup (mirror location, vanity space, etc).
The TV had poor reception. Probably would have been easily fixed but we never reported until we checked out. We were too busy to watch it anyway but hope it got fixed for the next guest.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
thanks for the great feedback about your room. I will make sure to pass it along to our team so that we can give a better experience going forward.
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I stayed at Westin Indy for a conference in March 2014. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet. The conference facilities and staff attention was magnificent. I would stay again and recommend others to do so.

Green Features: Love the green program-- if you are willing to not have laundry service every day, they offer you a free beverage at any hotel facility (Starbucks, Shula's Steakhouse, etc.)
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
We can't thank you enough for the great feedback. We really appreciate that you and your conference chose Indianaoplis and The Westin Indy. We look forward to the possiblity of hosting you again in the future.
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Convenient, comfortable conference venue. Westin beds are always super comfortable, the showers are always great. Not my favourite Westin - I'm not sure anything could beat the view over Vancouver Harbour - but well situated for lots of things, including the stadium, the museums and the canal. Good food in the restaurant, and good food for conference goers. My room had Internet included in the price, and I could sign more than one device in at a time, which was handy.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
I'd say it would be difficult to compare any view to the Westin Vancouver, but we are working on it. We truly appreciate the great comments and feedback. We also look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Thanks for staying with us while you were in Indianapolis.
Palo Alto
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Nice hotel, but not cheap - about what you'd expect for the price. I had a great view over the state capitol building from my room, which was spacious, clean and tidy. Minor problems: Hot water took an awfully long time to warm up - more than 10 minutes on one early morning. The conference wifi was surprisingly flaky for a venue of this apparent quality (and price!). My keycard stopped working and had to be re-initialised, and the same happened to several of my colleagues. Oh, and the pool area was being refurbished so if you wanted to swim you had to go to a different hotel across the road, which was disappointing but understandable.

The location is great: handy for the convention centre and mall, but also very near to White River State Park, which is a lovely place for a stroll.

Room Tip: Rooms facing north have a great view of the State Capitol building across the road.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Thanks for your great comments and feedback about the hotel, our location and the amenties we have to offer. As far as the pool area is concerned, a weld on one of the ladders failed and had to be repaired. In order to fix the weld, we have to drain the pool which takes about a day. Once the repair is made, the pool must be filled and the water treated so that it is fit for swimming. There is never a good time to do any of that, which takes about 3 day to complete, but it is all done now.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 5 April 2014

The Westin is across the street from the convention center. The rooms are... well Westin quality. I still object to a charge for wi-fi but everything else was fine. Particularly the service which was excellant. The fitnness center gets an A.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you for your great review of the hotel and our convenient location our fantastic Westin Workout Studio. We appreciate your feedback about the fee for WiFi and want you to know that we do offer rates which included free WiFi as well as several other amenities. Thanks again and we look forward
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I attended a conference in Indianapolis. The Westin was a great choice. The room was very comfortable, plenty of space for two people. The meetings at the Convention Center were just a short walk away. There were many good restaurants within walking distance as well. I had not stayed in a Westin in a while but will definitely look for one in the future.

Room Tip: We asked the concierge for restaurant recommendations. We were pleased with what he suggested.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
We really appreciate your great comments and look forward to seeing you agian soon.