“Another good experience here!”

The Westin Indianapolis
Ranked #24 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Newburgh, Indiana
“Another good experience here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

I have stayed here many times. The hotel is consistent and I am always happy. The location is fantastic and you can walk anywhere you need to go downtown from here. We were in a standard king room and it was on target with what was expected.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thanks for the great comments, we really appreciate it. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

I travel a lot and have stayed in many hotels, and the staff at the Westin Indianapolis is just great. They are all kind and friendly and helpful -- even those you just happen to run into in the elevator. I stayed in a standard King room, and I found it modern and conveniently appointed (even with a refrigerator, which I rarely see in hotels anymore). Personally, I was recovering from a severe accident at the time of my stay and they were incredibly considerate and helpful. They contacted me in advance and during my stay to make sure I had everything I needed, yet they were never intrusive. (My spouse also loved the fact that bikes are available for free loan.) If I ever have to return to Indianapolis, the Westin will be my choice!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank ceegl
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Thanks for the great review and awesome feedback about our hotel and the staff. We appreicate that you chose to share that with the world. I have forwarded your comments to the team, so they can all appreicate your kind words. If your travel plans bring you back to Indy, we look forward to welcoming you again.
Lafayette, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

This is an updated hotel with nice rooms and a great downtown location. It is an easy walk to several outstanding restaurants. Also accessible to all Indy sports venues. Banker's Life Fieldhouse is the most distant, but walkable. My only complaint on the Westin was I had trouble with the a/c. My room got very stuffy at 80 degrees. I reported it at the desk and when I returned to my room later in the day, it was comfortable and I assumed it was fixed. Later in the evening, at 8:50 pm, a repairman knocked at my door with tools to repair my a/c.

Room Tip: Eastern facing rooms have the best view of the downtown. I was in room 619 and had a great view.
1 Thank Robert B
Thanks for the great feedback about your recent stay. I certainly apologize for the issue you encountered with the air conditioning in your room. We do have a system in place with tracks or work orders and defects and will look into why the person may have come back later in the day. Thanks for making us aware of the opportunity.
Stillwater, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

My most recent stay was 05/15/14 - 05/18/14. I have stayed at this particular hotel 21 times over the last 12 years both for business and with my family. The location is terrific. The service is consistently good. Over the years I have seen 2 remodels, the most recent just a year ago (looks great). Shula's Restaurant (on site) is always a treat though it is pricey (particularly for breakfast). I absolutely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: 408 was a nice room over looking the state capitol.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thanks for the great review and comments about the hotel and the recent renovation. We appreicate the great feedback. I have forwarded your comments on to Shula's so that they can look at ways to enhance the value of the breakfast offering.
Chilliwack, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Warm friendly staff right from check in. Room was great and spacious. Nice bar. A Starbucks in the lobby. A fancy steak house on the 2nd floor. Large conference rooms. A short walk to many different restaurants and a great wine bar. The streets were very clean and quiet. A nice city to walk around in.

Room Tip: Great views from both front and back but make sure you go as high as you can.
Green Features: If you only us housekeeping every third day. you get a five dollar in house coupon,
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thanks for your great comments about the hotel and our fantastic city. We truly appreicate it.
Honolulu, Hawaii
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We were there for a conference on May 20 - May 24. Weather was very nice at high 70 to mid 80. Night time was a bit cool at high 50 to low 60. The second day we were there there was a hail storm in the late afternoon. During the day it was nice and sunny though. That was a total shock to us who are not used to this type of dramatic weather change. The rest of the stay in Indy was nice.

Okay, about the hotel. It was clean, outside and inside. Free wifi at the lobby, Fee if use in hotel room. Check in was easy and quick. Professional staff, but could use a little more smile, I think. The room we were in has a safe (free of charge), hair dryer, coffee, closet. The bathroom is way to small. If you open the door and swing it all the way, it blocks you from entering the shower. And because the toilet is right by the shower, if the door is swing half way, you won't have room to use the toilet. Having two people using the bathroom is crowded. This is the first time we ever experience a small bathroom that just does not match the rest of the hotel. The bedroom is fine. Bed was comfortable. But the AC unit in that room was way too noisy. Every time it starts it would sounds like a car engine starting.

There is a gym and a pool on the same floor, I think it was on the third floor. Decent size gym with free weights and cardio machines, bike and elliptical. Water was available so are towels. No attendant on site. The pool was a bit shallow with 4.5 feet deep. No life guard on duty. That one afternoon we decided to go to the pool, there was a father with two kid, probably 9 or 10 years old, playing football in the pool. Splashing water all over the glass wall, chairs, towels on the chair. The father didn't seem to care. They were having fun. We cut our pool usage to about 15 minutes. Usually we spend at least half an hour in the pool and get a good workout. But not this time. I read the signage and nowhere on the sign says they cannot play football in the pool so I didn't say anything to the father. There was a few signs that says no diving and guess what the father is the first one to dive into the pool. Some role model.

The hotel has a gift shop, a Starbucks, Shula's Steak House (yup, its that famous undefeated Miami Dolphin coach Don Shula). If you hang out the do not disturb sign so they don't have to clean your room, you get 5 dollar credit (one per day) good toward gift shop and Starbucks. Not sure if good for the steakhouse.

Overall, the hotel is okay. Would I stay there again. Maybe. I probably would check other hotels nearby first though.

Room Tip: I would ask to change room if the ac in your room is too noisy.
Green Features: By not having them clean your room and you reuse the towels, you help the hotel save on water and detergent which benefit the hotel and the environment. Ultimately, we all benefit from it.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thanks for the great feedback, you certainly covered all the bases.
Waterford, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

My son and I arrived early on a Friday for the Mini-Marathon held each year in the downtown area. The ease of registration, finding our room and the amenities were wonderful. The hotel has all the qualities of being "the downtown hotel" of choice for Indianapolis.

Room Tip: Our room was great as it looked over the convention center vs. the street that the runners started o...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank pdonohue40
WestinIndyGM, General Manager at The Westin Indianapolis, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thank you for the great comments about your stay and experience on Mini Marathon weekend. We truly appreciate that you chose to stay with us and that you shared your experience.