“just average”

The Westin Indianapolis
Ranked #22 of 188 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 1 December 2008

Staff was very courtious and the check-in ws breeze. The room was very average for a westin. We stayed 3 nights. On the 2nd and 3rd day we came in after being gone from about10 til 4p.m. to find our room not cleaned. We complained on the last evening when we got home at 11:30 pm to again find our room not cleaned. We had to call earlier at around 4p.m. to ask for the service. The manager brought clean towels, shampoo and toilet paper but never apologized and didnt even take our 2 days worth of dirty towels that we had neatly piled at the door. We will be coming back to Indy next yr but wont be staying at the Westin.

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank mombilt
Write a ReviewReviews (1,505)

Reviewed 22 November 2008

Difficult to access-centered on two one way roads. Valet parking is inefficient. Average wait to get car > 15 minutes- even when calling ahead. First time retrieving car took 25 minutes and made me late for an important meeting. Room was average. Cost money to use business center. Internet in room cost fee and was inoperable. One of two phones broken. Lightbulbs out. In town on business- stay at hotel obviously plagued by problems. Prefer the Crowne Plaza and Omni- in that order.

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 22 November 2008

Several families stayed at the Westin the weekend of Nov. 15th
for my daughter's wedding. We loved it, very clean, very modern,
very friendly. Only problem was finding it as the address states
that it is on Capitol Ave but the check-in is actually
nearer to Maryland Ave.

Stayed: November 2008
Reviewed 19 November 2008

I have traveled and stayed at Westin properties all around the world. This one by far is the worst one. The valet service was very disorganized, rude and unprofessional. Lost keys were a daily occurrence. Waiting more than 20 minutes is the norm. They have the largest driveway I have ever seen at a Westin Property, but they still will not allow you to call down and have the car pulled out and ready for you, so you must go downstairs, give them your number and wait. The bathrooms were substandard for Westin Properties, smaller than normal and the A/C electrical outlets were placed by the door near the floor, which means if you were using a hair drier, you would have to crouch down by the door without a mirror. The mirrors were skinny and small. I would not recommend this property until the staff goes through some training !!

Reviewed 1 November 2008

Across from the Capitol and via skywalks connected to the Convention Center and Shopping Mall (and then seemingly everything else).

Starbucks in the hotel lobby, but not 24 hours; and the only restaurant is a steakhouse ( so on the pricier side). Better off doing the 10 minute walk to Downtown. At the time of my stay the gym was being renovated...

Room of the standard sort; although the bathrooms were smaller than usual.

I was on the Club Floor and the Lounge there had a smaller selection of food items that usual Starwood Lounges.

For the price and the endless number of hotels on the area, I an not sure it was the best deal around. The hotel itself was good; however, again the price seemed high for what I received.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 October 2008

The hotel is located downton within walking distance of shops, restaurants, and historic monuments. Upon arrival we valeted the car ($28/day) and had lunch at Shula's (they made us special sandwiches since we were both vegetarians and there were no other lunch options offered. The hotel is average looking inside, the showers are very slippery and no bath mats are put down. My sister and I btoh fell when we used the shower. Management brought a pack of ice and a bath mat, but you would think next time they would keep these mats out just to keep people safe. The club lounge left something to be desired. Overall it was an average hotel.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2008

We booked a room at the Westin in Downtown Indianapolis because we were having our bathroom redone and needed a place to stay with running water. We found a good price on Hotwire and decided to book it and it turned out to be the Westin. When we arrived, the valet was prompt and very courteous. Check-in was a breeze with no problems at all. The room itself was average. It was rather clean, however, it was an older room from the looks of it. There was some water damage (dark spots and possible mold) on the ceiling above the shower. There were no fitted sheets on the double beds, only flat sheets. With that said, the sheets were clean and the room didn't smell particularly bad. We did realize that you absolutely have to pay for everything, even internet access, which is 9.95 a day. There is also a stocked refrigerator with all kinds of stocked goodies for outrageous prices (can of coke was 4.00 + 21% service charge). The real problem began when I went to purchase 2 bottles of coke from the vending machine in the ice room. It conveniently did not take dollar bills (I had one dollar bill and 4 quarters for a 2.00 bottle of coke). So I went down to the front desk to get change for a 5.00 dollar bill so I could try the machine on the floor down. I went back up to the 12th floor (the floor which I say staying) and tried the coke machine another time just to make sure it wasn't working and it wasn't. I proceeded to the 11th, 10th, and 9th floor, and each coke machine didn't take dollar bills at all. I went back down to the lobby to see if I could get 16 quarters (for 2 20oz drinks out of the vending machine). I waited in line for 10 minutes because there was only one attendant on duty (which was very understaffed since there was a huge FFA convention in town). When it was my turn and I asked for some quarters, he let me know they did not have any quarters, he gave an excuse because they were busy. I said it was awfully convenient that none of the coke machines worked and it was basically forcing me to purchase a 4.00 can of coke out of the stocked refrigerator. I was very perturbed at the time and asked that he comp. a can of coke from our refrigerator for my troubles of having to come down twice because of problems with the hotel's equipment. He stood there and said that he couldn't do that. By this time it was after midnight and I was tired and all I wanted was a drink. I asked him why he couldn't comp my room a 40 cents can of coke. After 5 minutes of arguing he finally agreed to comp the can of coke.

I know it seems silly to get so upset over a drink, but it was the mere fact that none of the coke machines worked, and I am lead to believe they don't work for a reason, and the fact that the attendant argued with a guest over a 4.00 can of coke (which they paid around 40 cents for).

However, I checked my final bill in the morning and everything was correct.

I have also noticed I have small bites on my body, I cannot assume they are from the beds in the hotel. However, they were not there before I stayed there.

I will not be staying there again.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple