“Hotel is good.. the employees make it great”

Holiday Inn Indianapolis North/Carmel
Ranked #48 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 23 March 2014

The hotel is a good hotel. Clean comfortable rooms. But the hotel bar and restaurant is great. Kyle the bar tender made a point to known my name on the first night and remembered it throughout my stay. He was great and made the stay very enjoyable. The food was a surprise some of the best I have had at a hotel and I travel a lot around the world. I'll stay here the next time I am in Carmel.

Room Tip: Try the potato skins.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Indianapolis North/Carmel

Reviewed 20 March 2014

I needed a hotel to stay at because my 7 year old daughter was scheduled the next morning for procedures at Riley's I. U. North Hospital, and we live 2 1/2 hours away.

At first when I made the reservation, I was told no problem with an early check in, to just call the day before to make sure everything is set. I did this only to be told, nope we can't guarantee this, call back the day you arrive. I did and luckily it worked out.

When I made the reservation I was told it would be a king executive, an have an extra "living room area". This was not the case. It was a regular room with a king bed and a small couch along the wall.

The room was pretty clean, but there is a lot of dust on the top of the headboard, pictures, ect...

The bed is comfortable, and bedding was clean.

Our room faced 465 so you would hear the cars and trucks zooming by. Also not a very attractive view. But, that was tolerable compared to the noise you could hear in the hall. You could hear people talking when they walked by like they were in your room, and when the doors slammed shut in near by rooms we would both jump. Maybe a little insulation in the inner walls, and slower shutting doors.

The pool and hot tub area were clean and well maintained. The pool is very small and only 3 1/2 feet deep, so if you have older children they may be disappointed by this.

The internet was great during the day, but in the evening I was barely getting 200kps. Too many people on, that made it bottleneck.

All and all it was a good visit, but I would request a room on the opposite side of the highway, and make sure the room is really how they describe it.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Krissym77
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Good hotel, great staff, but amazing bartender. Kyle makes everybody feel welcome and creates that local pub feeling where you go with your friends. 5 days from home in a good hotel makes it much easier to be away

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 15 March 2014

What a beautiful Hotel with some AMAZING service at the bar! Kyle/Craig really took care of us and made our stay even more special! He kept the bar open for us and truly entertained all who came through! We thoroughly enjoyed him and his "show"! This is a MUST if you are just swinging through or there for quite a while. The rooms were fabulous, with comfortable beds and great amenities! The hot breakfast in the morning was very nice, as well!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2014

The rooms were average, mine had a lot of highway noise. I see a log of excellent reviews based on the bartender, I would have loved to go down to the bar if I had been able to get my work done first on the internet. When I'm out on a business trip I have to down load email, files, and drawings or I can't do my job. The internet speed here was like an old fashion dial up. I tried to do a speed test and the speed test would work because of the poor connection. I tried using the holiday inn website to book my next stay and the internet was too slow for that. I tried watching some TV while I was waiting for the files to load and the they have the kind of cable system where the channels take several seconds to change once you hit the remote so you hit the button again thinking that the button didn't work and you skip two channels, I have seen this before in cheap hotels but not in a holiday inn. Finally the locks on the room doors never worked the first try. Guest across the hall saw me trying mine the first time and he said that you had to shove it in 2 -3 times hard before it would work and he was right. I now see why the bartender was soooo important in this hotel - everything else there will drive you to drink. There are too many hotel options in this area for me to ever stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Indianapolis North/Carmel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear sehaare,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the internet service, room amenities and the room doors. We will address these concerns. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 12 March 2014

When my co-worker suggest we book the Holiday Inn, I was skeptical. I consider these hotels to be good for saving money, but not great for a nice business stay. My boss always tells me - Stay at nice hotels. You're never going to meet anyone at a dumpy hotel.
I was STUNNED by this hotel! Anytime I travel to Northern Indy, I will stay here. The rooms were very nice, very clean, and had all the amenities. The restaurant, lounge, and lobby were cozy and buzzing with activity. But the crown jewel? Kyle the Bartender. He made everyone feel welcome and important. He introduced other travelers to one another and told stories that had us all howling. He embodies over the top customer service, and is an incredibly value asset to this hotel. Kyle literally had me telling stories about my experience at his bar throughout my entire trip. We told our clients across the interstate that they should be hanging out here after work. HE WAS AMAZING! AND THE MAN DESERVES A RAISE or BONUS, or induction into the Holiday Inn Hall of Fame.
When I checked in, the front desk asked for my business card so they could contact me about a corporate rate. I decided to wait until we checked out to see if that was a good idea. After my experience with Kyle, I know it's a good idea.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Check in was trouble free and the room was above the quality expected and was perfect. However, by far, the best part of our stay was the service. First, the man running the restaurant & lounge was very attentive and focused on our experience; our dessert was exceptional. Second when the hot water seemed like it was not working, the engineer arrived at our room in less than 5 minutes from my call to the front desk. He very cordially told us that it often takes a really long time for the hot water to get to many of the rooms. This was one of the best stays! We will long remember it and will return when we can!

Room Tip: If a small bit of traffic noise keeps you up earlier than desired then choose the north side. I-465...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indianapolis
Castleton
Candlewood Suites Indianapolis
Candlewood Suites Indianapolis
#79 of 185 in Indianapolis
Comfort Inn
#97 of 185 in Indianapolis

Been to Holiday Inn Indianapolis North/Carmel? Share your experiences!