“nice stay - exellent bar tender Kyle!”

Holiday Inn Indianapolis North/Carmel
Ranked #51 of 188 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Stayed several nights here and had a great evening at the bar.. Kyle the bartender was superb!
First night I had a lot of highway noise and requested to be moved to a quieter room, the front desk clerk jumped through some hoops and got me moved to a room on the courtyard side... so much quieter. Nice rooms, beautiful courtyard and lobby area. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Request courtyard side of hotel for quieter room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I travel to Indianapolis on a regular basis. I always look forward to staying at the Carmel Indiana Holiday Inn because the staff is always friendly and make sure that my stay is stress free. Kyle the bartender remembers my name and always makes me feel like I am at home.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for NCAA Midwest Regional games. The staff was friendly and helpful with directions. Room was spacious with updated furnishings. The textured ceiling was peeling off in the bathroom. The breakfast buffet was decent but expensive at $11.95. Would stay here again when in the area.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I haven't stayed in a Holiday Inn in a while so I was surprised by the modern spacious rooms and lobby. This one seems to be newly built. As a brand, looks like they are trying to step it up. The lobby area has a nice bar and there's also a nice indoor pool. Stayed in a couple of hotels this year thanks to my daughter's volleyball, this has been one of the better stays so far. Because there were several teenaged girls in the hotel I can confirm that the walls seemed a little thin. I could hear mumbles of conversations in the next room. Nothing that was too much of a bother for me but my daughter who was on another floor complained a little.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Monica J
Reviewed 23 March 2014

The hotel is a good hotel. Clean comfortable rooms. But the hotel bar and restaurant is great. Kyle the bar tender made a point to known my name on the first night and remembered it throughout my stay. He was great and made the stay very enjoyable. The food was a surprise some of the best I have had at a hotel and I travel a lot around the world. I'll stay here the next time I am in Carmel.

Room Tip: Try the potato skins.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I needed a hotel to stay at because my 7 year old daughter was scheduled the next morning for procedures at Riley's I. U. North Hospital, and we live 2 1/2 hours away.

At first when I made the reservation, I was told no problem with an early check in, to just call the day before to make sure everything is set. I did this only to be told, nope we can't guarantee this, call back the day you arrive. I did and luckily it worked out.

When I made the reservation I was told it would be a king executive, an have an extra "living room area". This was not the case. It was a regular room with a king bed and a small couch along the wall.

The room was pretty clean, but there is a lot of dust on the top of the headboard, pictures, ect...

The bed is comfortable, and bedding was clean.

Our room faced 465 so you would hear the cars and trucks zooming by. Also not a very attractive view. But, that was tolerable compared to the noise you could hear in the hall. You could hear people talking when they walked by like they were in your room, and when the doors slammed shut in near by rooms we would both jump. Maybe a little insulation in the inner walls, and slower shutting doors.

The pool and hot tub area were clean and well maintained. The pool is very small and only 3 1/2 feet deep, so if you have older children they may be disappointed by this.

The internet was great during the day, but in the evening I was barely getting 200kps. Too many people on, that made it bottleneck.

All and all it was a good visit, but I would request a room on the opposite side of the highway, and make sure the room is really how they describe it.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Krissym77
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Good hotel, great staff, but amazing bartender. Kyle makes everybody feel welcome and creates that local pub feeling where you go with your friends. 5 days from home in a good hotel makes it much easier to be away

• Stayed: March 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indianapolis
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Carmel - Westfield
Drury Plaza Hotel Indianapolis Carmel
Comfort Inn Indianapolis North – Carmel
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Indianapolis North - Carmel
Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis Carmel
Renaissance Indianapolis North Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Indianapolis North/Carmel? Share your experiences!