“Lost Potential Account”

Holiday Inn Indianapolis North/Carmel
Ranked #48 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 3 June 2014

To begin with, I was actually really excited about using this Hotel after doing my research on the area and reading all of the reviews. That has since completely disappeared due to their sales staff. I am a travel agent in charge of booking for new product roll-outs which include studies, marketing team meetings, sales rep meetings, etc. and this one in particular required 20 rooms each night straight from October 13, 2014- March 13, 2015, pretty easy business to book right? NO! I could not even get a return e-mail or phone call from any of the sales people and I tried for months! Hugely disappointing! I even managed to get one of them on the phone only to be told that they'd call me back and then never did. If this is how they treat potential customers, no thanks!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jennifer K
Zachary D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Indianapolis North/Carmel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Hello Jennifer K,

I would like to first introduce you to myself, my name is Zachary Donofrio I oversee the operations of our property and wanted to talk to you about a recent review you left with us.

In the feedback you left you mentioned that you have group needs from Oct through March. You also mentioned that you left several messages, emails and actually spoke to someone but could not get any follow up. Please accept my apologizes for this inconvenience, I cannot image how frustrating this must be.

So you are aware I have spoke to my sales team and asked if this sounds familiar, do we have clients we need to get back with, etc. Unfortunately we do not have any notes or emails from yourself. Do you know the name of the individual that you spoke with, we are wondering if you have the correct hotel. We would love to host you event and have you!

Thank you for your time!

Zachary Donofrio
(317) 574-4601
zdonofrio@alliancehospitality.com

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Indianapolis North/Carmel

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Very friendly people working there! Clean, spacious rooms. We are platinum, traveling with two young grandsons and were upgraded to a two room suite. It was great! Microwave and small fridge, very comfortable sleep sofa and chair. Loved the bedding on the kingsize bed. Spotless throughout. We did not eat there. $11.95 for the buffet was beyond our desires to spend. Pool is quite small. Very quiet wooded surroundings. You'd never know you were as close to an interstate as you are. Great location.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I submitted an event proposal through Cvent, this hotel was the best bid and location. I awarded the contract to them. I then got a contact with some follow up questions about the event, nothing out of the ordinary. Then, silence. I emailed. I called. I left messages, for WEEKS. No response. I finally got a contact. They claimed that they had changed their policy and my trade show was no longer the type of event they were pursuing. This is now over a month down the road from my awarding them the contract. When exactly were they planning to tell me this so that I could find another venue for my HOLIDAY season event? They gave a vague apology and refused to reconsider. We run trade shows in multiple cities and states, usually 2-3 times a year per city. I plan to remove ALL Holiday Inn properties from consideration on all my future proposals.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Zachary D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Indianapolis North/Carmel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Trip Advisor Member,

We would like to thank you for sharing your feedback with us and the travel community. After reading your review I did sit down with our sales team to review what events transpired once this lead was received. We do show that we did submit a bid to your cvent lead in December. After this proposal was sent it was noted that the event planner would make a decision within 30 days of the proposal. Our sales team did follow up on multiple occasions to inquire on the status of your decision. During this time we did make changes in our business plans and how we approach meeting events. With these changes we do make a decision based on number of room nights attached to the event as well as existing relationships with other companies looking to use our meeting facilities.

We apologize that we were unable to accommodate your event here in Indianapolis, if you are looking for alternative locations we would be happy to assist in making some suggestions that can meet your needs.

If you have further items you would like to discuss please feel free to reach out to myself directly.

Zachary Donofrio
(317) 574-4601

Reviewed 14 May 2014

This is not your usual Holiday Inn. It's in a great setting in the middle of a leafy green park in North Carmel. Rooms are new, clean and well kept. Staff is caring and extremely competent. All rooms have fridge, microwave and free internet. There is no free breakfast but buffet looked good and you can also order a la carte. Carmel is northern suburb of Indianapolis with lots of upscale shopping and good restaurants. Try Pizzology if you like Neopolitan pizza, about 10 minutes away.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I travel all over the U.S. for work and have to say, this is one of the best places ever! I'm in a different city every month, and the staff at this place was absolutely excellent. I ate at the hotel restaurant multiple times during my stay and Kyle was the absolute best. Remembered my name from the first time I sat down, till the end of my stay. Never had a better server and can genuinely tell that he appreciates his customers. Food was Delicious!! Will definitely stay again if I am ever in the Indianapolis area.

Room Tip: Court yard side is quieter, but I stayed on the Highway side and didn't lose any sleep!
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Stayed several nights here and had a great evening at the bar.. Kyle the bartender was superb!
First night I had a lot of highway noise and requested to be moved to a quieter room, the front desk clerk jumped through some hoops and got me moved to a room on the courtyard side... so much quieter. Nice rooms, beautiful courtyard and lobby area. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Request courtyard side of hotel for quieter room.
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I travel to Indianapolis on a regular basis. I always look forward to staying at the Carmel Indiana Holiday Inn because the staff is always friendly and make sure that my stay is stress free. Kyle the bartender remembers my name and always makes me feel like I am at home.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indianapolis
Castleton
Candlewood Suites Indianapolis
Candlewood Suites Indianapolis
#79 of 185 in Indianapolis
Comfort Inn
#94 of 185 in Indianapolis

Been to Holiday Inn Indianapolis North/Carmel? Share your experiences!