“Wind up the day with Kyle "The Bartender"”

Holiday Inn Indianapolis North/Carmel
Ranked #51 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Been staying here for years while visiting family and friends in Indianapolis.
Always consistent with frequent remodels.
I enjoy ending the day with a couple of drinks at this hotel bar.
"The Bartender" knows his stuff.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 15 July 2014

nice clean a little out of the way but nice front desk staff for sure

bartender/ wait staff was only interested in going home

lots of kids groups there- making a little too much noise but that's true anywhere this time of year

I'd go back

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Kyle, "The Bartender", was fantastic. As a business traveler he made the typical dinner scene at a hotel, far from typical. Apparently, he was trained as a flair bartender and so he showed off several tricks for us while we ate and drank. Great guy.

The hotel and amenities were very good as well. Classy looking place.

The only thing that could be improved from my stay was the breakfast. There was only one person on staff, so it was a struggle for the person to keep up. The food was good though.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I have been traveling to the Indianapolis area frequently this year for medical treatments. I stayed at this hotel 4 times so far this year, and have found it to be very good. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and well maintained. The service is excellent. The hotel restaurant has good food, and a very good selection. The bar is nice, too, and the bartender provides very good service. There is plenty of free parking. The front desk is very accommodating, and moved me to a quieter room one night when I was in a room near the elevator shaft.
My only complaint is that there are often a lot of youth sports teams staying at this hotel. Along with the kids, comes noise in the hallways and near the elevators, sometimes late into the night. Some of the rooms have white noise machines. I just use the app on my tablet, and that works fine.
I am an IHG Rewards Club Gold member, and I usually stay at Holiday Inns or Holiday Inn Express. I have found this hotel to be better than most of the typical Holiday Inn properties.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the elevator shaft. Also, ask for a room facing the courtyard. Those rooms will not...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank rwmiller56
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The hotel has been completely renovated and remodeled so you'll get a very clean, well appointed room. The bathrooms are small, but efficient. It worked for a short stay, but wouldn't want to spend a week in that small a space. We stayed on the 4th of July and were worried that the hotel would be noisy due to our placement facing the Interstate and the hotel being full of many teenage baseball teams. It was quiet as a mouse. The bed was amazingly comfortable, too.The staff was efficient and friendly. The desk receptionist went the extra mile to enter our Holiday Inn rewards number after we forgot to give it to her earlier. She was cheerful and made us feel important. This Holiday Inn doesn't offer a complimentary breakfast (hence the 4 instead of 5); $11.95 a pop. There are no restaurants within walking distance (or even a short drive for that matter) so plan on eating at the hotel or driving for about 10 minutes. We'd stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

I got a fantastic deal on a name your own price in Priceline. Check in was fast. They also allowed me to check in early. My reservation was for a king room, but they let me change it to a double room with no problem. The hallways and court yard appeared very clean. The court yard looked nice and inviting for a place to sit and relax. The pool is fairly small, but okay for a dip. The hot tub was very nice and warm. I asked for a room facing the court yard based on the reviews about the highway noise. We did hear a large group of people in the court yard after we went to bed, but it wasn't too bad. It looked like several families eating dinner so I didn't complain. My family is loud when we are all together also. Beds and linens were fantastic. We had several pillows to choose from which is a nice touch. Everyone I spoke to was very friendly and helpful.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I will be back to this location if I am ever in the area again. I liked my stay very much and so did my family. We had a pretty big group and everyone was satisfied. I hope to be back sometime within the next few years.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indianapolis
Castleton
Candlewood Suites Indianapolis
Candlewood Suites Indianapolis
#74 of 185 in Indianapolis
Comfort Inn
#93 of 185 in Indianapolis

Been to Holiday Inn Indianapolis North/Carmel? Share your experiences!