Holiday Inn Indianapolis North/Carmel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Ironworks Hotel Indy(Indianapolis)
  • Pool
All reviewssound machinefront deskcarmel areanice hotelbreakfast buffethot waternice staybeds were very comfortableunder constructionkylepropertyinterstateindiana
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 August 2014

My husband, daughter and I stayed at this facility during the 2014 Indiana State Fair. Check-in was very easy. The room was so clean and exceptionally large. The king bed was very comfortable as was the hide-a-bed my daughter slept on.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We stayed here as part of a youth soccer tournament trip and I would stay here again. The new decor was lovely, service was good and lobby atmosphere was great. Our room also was very good. We ordered food and it was also quite good. They accommodated our group request for a pizza buffet as well.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2014

The property "lok" is nice, it's obviously been rehabilitated, but there are obvious signs of the age, such as the antiquated elevators. The very bad thing about the property is the total lack of sound insulation in the highway facing rooms. To say they are inordinately loud due to traffic noise would be a gross misunderstatement. To the point that they have put white noise machines in the rooms that, though it is a valiant effort to cover the noise problem up, they fall very short.

The bottom line is the windows do not provide sound insulation, the walls do not provide sound insulation, which leads to a very poor sleep. I will avoid this location like the plague, & will write this same review on travel review sites as well to warn others about this poor property.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention a small detail - I had to get up early to catch my flight out of IND & had no hot water for my shower. NO HOT WATER! I know the reason - it's an old property & doesn't have a recirculating hot water system - which was reinforced by the front desk accompanied by only a cursory "sorry". Yep, this is one crappy property that reflects really well on the Holiday Inn logo...

Room Tip: If you must stay here, be sure to demand a room on the opposite side of the highway. If you need hot water for your early morning shower, stay somewhere else...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank MFrosto
Zachary D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Indianapolis North/Carmel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Trip Advisor Member,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. PLEASE accept our deepest apologizes regarding the level caused by the interstate. Over the past few years we have worked diligently to provide investments to limit the highway noise such as, an additional window pane and new PTAC units that have reinforced insulation to block out additional noise.

Regarding your lack of hot water for your morning shower is unacceptable and our responses and service recovery in those situations needs to improve. I would like to personally thank you for providing this information that I will take back to the team.

Zachary Donofrio
(317) 574-4601

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed just one night and our experience with this hotel was stellar! The front desk lady was extremely friendly and willing to help in any way she could. The room was beautiful, modern, and comfortable. I also thought that it was a very quiet hotel, we did not experience any problems with noise. The hot breakfast in the morning looked good... but we didn't have time to stay. I would definitely stay here again. I have had other positive experiences with the Holiday Inn Express hotels. I highly recommend!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed my three night stay here with my family. Has a small, but adequate fitness facility and indoor pool. Very nice court yard area. Rooms were nice and no noise problems at all. Many families as well as business travelers were present. Front desk staff went above and beyond to welcome me.

• Stayed: July 2014