“Great food at a good price” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great food at a good price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Both the brisket and the corned beef were wonderful. Take out food only. Sides for the meat are also available.

Visited October 2013

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great BBQ! How have I missed this place?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

I live on the west side of Indianapolis and have no idea how I've missed this gem. I was in the mood for brisket and looked on the web and saw some good reviews for Hank's. It's right by the Dairy Queen on MLK across from the west side of Crown Hill cemetery.

I liked everything about the restaurant which is carry out only. It a nice, clean building with just a window for carry out in the front. A sweet lady named Brenda told me about my choices and took my order. Hank who learned the art of BBQ in Texas sent out a taste of brisket and his corned beef. Both were incredibly flavorful, smoked and cooked to perfection. I ended up getting the brisket with a side of a great BBQ sauce. His cole slaw is great and had just a little zing that I wasn't sure what did it but I liked it. I capped it with a good creamy potato salad.

Next stop I gotta get a corned beef on rye with Swiss and mustard. I hope you all will travel over to the west side and give this nice talented man your business. He also sells BBQ by the pound for bigger gatherings and football games. I plan to be a regular from here out. I really enjoyed the hospitality!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Hank's Smoked Briskets is a Winner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

I just finished my meal from Hank's. I had a pulled pork sandwich with sweet sauce and baked beans and potato salad. I like pulled pork sandwiches a lot and have tried quite a few versions around Indy. I'm not sure if other cities are as fond of this sandwich but Indy has what seems like a large selection. Anyway, what I can say is Hank's version is as good as any I've tried. I haven't had one I think is better and they now have a new regular customer in me. The meat was tender and the smokiness just seemed ideally prepared. The sauce was sweet but not sickeningly sweet. The potato salad was unlike any I've had with the usual tangy flavor and a subtle undercurrent of spice, maybe chili powder. The review before mine mentioned curry so maybe that's it. The owner Hank was in here and I chatted with him and the co-worker. They are both friendly and talkative and they are definitely going to see my face again.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Saint Charles, Missouri
“Smokey, succulent delicious-ness”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

Moist, juicy & awesome. Friendly service and great sides. Since it was our first visit, they gave us samples of the beef & corned beef brisket. They were both yummy but we went with the beef--even my 6 year old loved it. The potato salad is to die for--sweet, yellow potato salad with a bit of curry--excellent! The slaw and Mac n cheese were great as well. If you are in the area, you must find your way here but plan on eating it in the car or at your hotel or a park--not an eat in place. Their Devil's Food cake was delicious too!

Visited August 2013
Schertz
“"Borrow" an Indy Car and Get to Hank's FAST!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

OMG! This is the best pulled pork sandwich I've had outside of TEXAS! Guess what my friends? Hank is from TEXAS! Let them know you're a "first-timer" and you may get to sample some of the fixin's. I sampled the smoked corned beef...practically melted in my mouth, and I'm not even a corned beef fan. There's no seating in Hank's, except for a couple chairs while you wait. Hank's is a stand-up, take-out counter, so plan your meal to go. Take a picnic to the Indianapolis Museum of Art or the co-located Oldfields-Lilly House and Gardens. TRUST ME...YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED if you like SMOKED MEATS. Hank's potato salad has a twist on the standard recipe with a hint of curry and sweet pickles, giving it an overall sweet taste with a mild zing. I'm taking my wife back next weekend and will recommend Hanks' to my friends. Enjoy!

• Visited August 2013