“Authentic, inexpensive, delicious”

Cuisines: Mexican
Maryland
“Authentic, inexpensive, delicious”
Reviewed 12 February 2013

We have passed by this little neighborhood taqueria many times and last week decided to go in for a meal. It was excellent. Today we went back. The restaurant is small and plain. Everything looked clean. The menu is extensive with lots of options. For taco filling there are 18 choices. The guacamole is delicious-creamy and tasty with just the right amount of cilantro. Chips are an extra charge and they don't bring chips and salsa when you sit down. if you want that you have to order it. The pico de gallo is piquant. I love it. Tomato, onion, jalapeno and cilantro. Perfect. Unprepossessing but delightful. Go here.

• Visited February 2013

Zionsville, Indiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Authentic Mexican!”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

My husband had traveled to Mexico and missed the authentic food. We had found a place in our previous state, but not yet one near us here in Indianapolis. Well..we finally found it! A good friend of ours (grew up in Mexico) recommended this place and we recently checked it out. Wow- delicious is an understatement! The atmosphere had me wondering...the TV was on (loud and in Spanish) so conversation between us was a little challenging at times. It took several minutes to be waited on, even though it was not busy. I was getting a little disheartened in our choice by the time we had menus in our hands- but the wait would be worth it!. My husband tried the goat torta, as recommended by our waitress. He was amazed at how good it was. I went for a "mini" version of a ground beef burrito. Cannot imagine how big the regular must be as this smaller version was plenty. Hands down, this was the best burrito I have ever had. Each bite got better. The spanish rice on the side was also done perfectly, as was a small "salad" of lettuce and tomato on the side. This is our new favorite Mexican restaurant. Now, if they would just turn down the TV!

• Visited January 2013