“Meh...”

Ranked #154 of 180 Hotels in Indianapolis
Westfield, Indiana
“Meh...”
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I stayed here last night, and won't likely stay again. I chose this hotel because it was right near where I needed to be for an interview the next day and I got an alumni discount from my college. I wish I had paid a few extra dollars and stayed elsewhere.

There wasn't really any one thing in particular that made it bad, but a few minor things that added up to make it bad. First, the physical location is great - but it is surprisingly very isolated. Second, maybe it was just because I had just come from a downtown Chicago hotel, but it was very quiet - TOO quiet. I felt on edge the whole time I was there because it was so quiet when I arrived. That said, after I left to run some errands and came back, I found that there were several other people that arrived while I was gone, though it was still quite quiet on the third floor where my room was.

The room itself was decent; I had a king size room, and the bed was quite comfortable, but the rest of the room was showing its age and lack of upkeep. The window opened completely, but had no screen. There were stains on the ottoman, the wallpaper was peeling in the bathroom, the floor was creaky and bumpy, and the Waterpik shower head was so corroded and caked with residue that it didn't switch to any other water flows, despite my best efforts. Also, though I had a non-smoking room, the entire floor REEKED of cigarette smoke; apparently the surrounding rooms were all smoking rooms. I don't quite comprehend how they could completely surround a non-smoking room with smoking rooms and still call it non-smoking, but they did. Also, the first two floors were motel style (rooms opened to the outside), but the third floor, for whatever reason, was hotel style (rooms opened to a hallway), and that didn't help the smell issue, either. Also, after doing a little bit of investigating on Trulia . com, I found out that it is a "red area" (high crime rate), with the most recent being a crime involving a car in the area (I can only assume, based on this info and the sign in the parking lot, that it was car theft or something similar).

All in all, if I ever have to stay in a hotel in this area again, it will not be here.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Millersburg, Indiana
Reviewed 19 September 2011

We went to a festival at Verizon and really just needed a place to sleep so took the cheapest hotel we could find that was at least decent. We got our $50 worth but if you are looking for a good place to stay, this is not the place. The beds were uncomfortable and definately not meant for people who are not a couple. We got the room with two beds. There was mold in the bathroom (where the tub and toilet were, as the sink and vanity weren't in there) and there wasn't a fan in there. My daughter and her friend went to get food and the said the food was cold and terrible. If you just want a cheap place to rest your head, this place will suffice but that's about it. Don't expect much more. The redeeming quality was that the lady working the front counter at check-in and check out was very pleasant.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
New Buffalo, Mi
Reviewed 28 August 2011

I can't believe how dirty the room was. The bedding was clean, thank heavens! Furniture had dust with finger prints on it, the floor was not vaccumed, at least not very good. I don't mind old, but dirty doesn't do it. YUK! Breakfast bar was out of almost everything, coffee was hot. Pool looked pretty but had scum floating in one corner.

Room Tip: Go to another motel and pay an extra $10 or $20
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Indiana
Reviewed 11 August 2011

old and kind of dirty, need torn down! carpet was very old and stained, bad musty smell in the hallways.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Bloomingdale, IL
Reviewed 8 August 2010

I stay at choice hotels all over the united states, I used my points and choice hotels set me up here at the Quality Inn. As soon as we pulled up I could tell that the up keep was poor, the guy at the front desk was not very friendly and took for ever to check me in. As me and my wife went to find our room their was water dripping out in the halls and the carpet was wet. When we got to our room and walked in everything felt wet and everything was old and out dated. Half of the lights did not work in the room. It is now 1:00 am and can't sleep as the Bed and pillows are [--]!!! The air condition is making a sqeaking noise. I'm getting my wife up out of the nasty ass wet bed and I'm driving back home. I would rather sleep in my car then to stay another minute in this dump. Take it From me as I stay at hotel during every week day for my job, don't stay at this hotel!!!!

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Soggyfuss68
Michigan
Reviewed 27 July 2010

We stayed here the Saturday before the Brickyard 400. For $62 (including tax) we got free wireless internet, a pool that we all enjoyed, and a continental breakfast in the morning. There are a lot of restaurants nearby and easy access to the highway.

On the downside, the rooms are small and the place is kind of shabby (marks on the walls, poor lighting, etc.). Others have complained about the outside access to the rooms, but for me that was no big deal. Also, while the hotel is close to rail road tracks, we certainly didn't hear any trains. Finally, although the place is just of 82nd street when you turn north onto Bash (per mapquest) the first impression is "this can't be right". It is, but there is a slight curve so you won't see the entrance sign right away.

Bottom line, it was a good deal at $62 a night, but if I were staying more than one night I'd pay a bit more and book a nicer place.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Lynden, Washington
Reviewed 28 August 2009

Jonathan at the front desk was very friendly and helpful! Nothing about the hotel is spacious, but it is adequate. The location is excellent--close to a mall, many restaurants and stores. Be sure to request a room on the third floor if you want an interior hallway entrance to your room. Free wireless Internet access works only in the lobby. Breakfast selections are limited, yet sufficient. The coffee is decent. If the price is right, we would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family