I stayed here last night, and won't likely stay again. I chose this hotel because it was right near where I needed to be for an interview the next day and I got an alumni discount from my college. I wish I had paid a few extra dollars and stayed elsewhere.
There wasn't really any one thing in particular that made it bad, but a few minor things that added up to make it bad. First, the physical location is great - but it is surprisingly very isolated. Second, maybe it was just because I had just come from a downtown Chicago hotel, but it was very quiet - TOO quiet. I felt on edge the whole time I was there because it was so quiet when I arrived. That said, after I left to run some errands and came back, I found that there were several other people that arrived while I was gone, though it was still quite quiet on the third floor where my room was.
The room itself was decent; I had a king size room, and the bed was quite comfortable, but the rest of the room was showing its age and lack of upkeep. The window opened completely, but had no screen. There were stains on the ottoman, the wallpaper was peeling in the bathroom, the floor was creaky and bumpy, and the Waterpik shower head was so corroded and caked with residue that it didn't switch to any other water flows, despite my best efforts. Also, though I had a non-smoking room, the entire floor REEKED of cigarette smoke; apparently the surrounding rooms were all smoking rooms. I don't quite comprehend how they could completely surround a non-smoking room with smoking rooms and still call it non-smoking, but they did. Also, the first two floors were motel style (rooms opened to the outside), but the third floor, for whatever reason, was hotel style (rooms opened to a hallway), and that didn't help the smell issue, either. Also, after doing a little bit of investigating on Trulia . com, I found out that it is a "red area" (high crime rate), with the most recent being a crime involving a car in the area (I can only assume, based on this info and the sign in the parking lot, that it was car theft or something similar).
All in all, if I ever have to stay in a hotel in this area again, it will not be here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Motel 6 North East, conveniently located off I-69 at 82nd Street. The front desk is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and with our eco-friendly housekeeping staff. we are dedicated to exceeding our guest expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Motel 6 Indianapolis North East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Hotel Indianapolis
- Red Roof Inn Indianapolis
- Indianapolis Red Roof Inn