“Pleasant Stay”

Ranked #91 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
Ohio City, Ohio
“Pleasant Stay”
Reviewed 13 May 2012

My daughter and I stayed at the Jameson Inn during a recent shopping trip. I had reserved this hotel due to the high ratings from Trip Advisor. My fellow reviewers were correct once again. The rooms at the Jameson Inn were extremely clean and very pleasant - offering both a microwave and fridge, which is always handy. We enjoyed the continental breakfast - which offered sausage & gravy biscuits and Belgium waffles, both of which were yummy. The desk staff was very friendly. The Target store across the street came in handy for a quick run to buy items we had forgotten. I would most definately stay at The Jameson Inn again - it is a clean, quiet, affordable hotel in a nice area of the city. Oh....the beds are great as well, one of the best night's sleep in a hotel ever!!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank 59sunseeker
Jameson_IndyWest, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Indianapolis West, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of the Jameson Inn Indy West! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Great front desk, clean rooms and they give you a continental breakfast during your stay.

Room Tip: all rooms are good
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank manemane2159
Jameson_IndyWest, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Indianapolis West, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Dear Manemane,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon!
Olive Hill, Kentucky
Reviewed 20 January 2012

The staff was very helpful and my room was clean. Over all a fair place to stay, I would recommend it.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Patiodadio
Jameson_IndyWest, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Indianapolis West, responded to this review, 31 January 2012
Thank you for your kind words about Jameson Inn Indy West! We strive to provide great service, a comfortable, clean, well maintained facility at a great price. We are conveniently located at I-465 & West 38th Street, right next to Cracker Barrel. It is easiest to arrive at our location by making an immediate right on Eagle View Drive, the service road that runs parallel to 38th Street. Eagle View Drive will take you past McDonalds, Cracker Barrel and directly into our parking lot.
South Bend, Indiana
Reviewed 5 January 2012

The Jameson Inn-West at W. 38th/I-465 exit is a fine place to stay for us travelers who either can't afford a luxury hotel downtown or refuse to pay for it! You know, the average businessperson or traveler who just wants to stay a night or two--or more--in a nice, comfortable, clean place with a friendly, helpful staff at an affordable price. (Mind you, the rates go up during the Indy 500 on Memorial Day weekend, but they do all over the rmetro area, so...). There are restaurants around--a Cracker Barrel, McDonalds, and more. Nothing fancy, but easy to get to.

A word of warning--getting to this hotel is problematical--be sure you are in the right hand lane coming off the interstate so you can find the access road at the first traffic light.

Room Tip: Ask for the west side of the hotel--away from the interstate. It was quiet in our room, but just to...
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank JustaHoosier
IndyWest, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Indianapolis West, responded to this review, 15 February 2012
Dear JustaHoosier,
We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at our hotel and that my staff was friendly and helpful.
Yes, our rates, as well as the Indianapolis metro area, increase during Memorial weekend (Indy 500) since we are located 3.5 miles from the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. You will receive great value and amenites at Jameson Inn compared to nearby hotels with easy access to the both the Motor Speedway and Lucas Raceway Park.
When you are coming off of I-465 and turn West onto 38th Street be sure to get in the far right lane since you will be turning right onto Shore Drive and then another immediate Right onto Eagle View Drive (access road that runs in front of McDonalds and Cracker Barrel). Our hotel sits at the end of Eagle View Drive.
We hope that you visit our hotel during your next trip to Indianapolis.
GM
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 22 December 2011

Needed a very short notice hotel reservation in Indy for Christmas Day near the Eagle Creek Airport with special arrangements for coming in by private plane. I made my reservations through Ashlee and she was awesome. She know her stuff inside out, answered all my questions with a smile in her voice and got me a great room rate to boot. Too early to rate the facility but if all the staff is half as helpful as Ashlee, this is going to be an awesome stay.

Room Tip: No comment yet.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank GJV9143W
Jameson_IndyWest, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Indianapolis West, responded to this review, 31 January 2012
Dear GJV9143V,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel, we truly appreciate it. We have a lot of Eagle Creek Aviation pilots and mechanics stay with us and I am so happy you were pleased with our service. Ashlee is a great employee and it makes me proud when my employees are recognized for their hard work.
MOUNT VERNON
Reviewed 12 September 2011

This hotel has good reviews for a reason. I booked the hotel via hotwire and got a great price. It had a 2 1/2 star rating which is low because it deserves better. The place is located well, clean, and has pleasant and efficient staff. You can tell that it is managed well.

• Stayed September 2011
3 Thank loriwilkes2
Jameson_IndyWest, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Indianapolis West, responded to this review, 17 October 2011
Dear Loriwilkes2,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am glad you had a positive experience during your stay here and that our staff was efficient and your room was clean and comfortable. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 22 August 2011

This is written at the end of a three nite stay. Great location, very nice staff especially front desk staff. On the not so good side, bed was not made once, trash was not taken away once, only got towels because I asked. When I inquired about the towels and the bed not getting made, she told me it has happened before and guests have complained. Well then do something about it!!!! I just can't believe not once in three days did we see evidence of housekeeping .

• Stayed August 2011
Jameson_IndyWest, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Indianapolis West, responded to this review, 24 August 2011
Dear PKC8786,
I would like to first apologize for the housekeeping issues you experienced during your stay at our hotel. We take these complaints very seriously and will research to see what housekeeper was assigned to your room so that we may retrain her. We strive to offer clean, comfortable rooms for every guest and I do apologize that your stay was less than that. If you would please contact me so that I may better research your stay. I look forward to speaking with you so that we can improve our guest experience int he future.
Jameson Inn Indy West