“Nice and comfortable”

Ranked #89 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Gulf Breeze, Florida
“Nice and comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

Nice hotel, clean and comfortable. The room was larger than expected and quite. The bed was comfortable as well as the furnishings. I like the chair and ottoman, it was great to be able to sit somewhere other than the bed or desk. Everything appeared clean including the bathroom. Far more choices than I expected for breakfast, waffles, sausage & gravy, fruit, cereal, oatmeal, pastry, coffee and juice. Check out was fast & easy. Now for the drawbacks, 1 waffle maker, far to many sports channels and no indoor pool. I go to Indianapolis every other weekend to see my 9 yr old daughter, she hangs out with me for the weekend at my hotel. I try and find somewhere with an indoor pool so we have something to do during our down time, NOT a major drawback because the hotel is nice. I've stayed at just 1 hotel that had 2 waffle makers, what do they cost a $100? In the end it will increase the flow throughout the breakfast area. 5 different Sports channels and 1 "kids" channel which after 11 pm Cartoon Network turns into "Adult Swim" not kid friendly at all. Loose 2 sports channels (yes I love sports as much as the next person but come on 5 channels) and add Nick or Disney and maybe Animal Planet. You still have more than enough sports channels and since this is a family hotel you will be catering to that clientele as well. I would have given you 5 stars for 2 of the 3 drawback items I mentioned. I know the indoor pool would be much harder but the extra waffle maker and channels are easy fixes. Overall I had a very enjoyable stay!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Indianapolis
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

I was staying at this hotel because the group I was with blocked the rooms there. The worst part was 3 vehicles were broken into the weekend I stayed there. When the staff was told, we heard them talking about it "happened again" and didn't seem too concerned. Handed out a form to fill out and called the police. Obviously this is not a safe hotel if this wasn't the first time it happened. While visiting the restaurants in close vicinity, I also did not feel safe. Several of the members in our group complained that the rooms smelled like smoke when they were to be non-smoking

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Bedford, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

I booked a room here for may family when we were in Indianapolis for the 2014 Indiana Swimming Age Group Championships (March 14 - 16). The location is obviously not downtown, but it's only a 20 minute drive away, with direct access to I-70 that goes through the center of Indianapolis.

I checked in early Friday afternoon and was first given a key to a room that was neither clean (the bed was unmade & there was still trash in the bathroom) nor unoccupied (we found a bag of clothes and a pair of shoes). We went back to the desk and were given another room.

The second room was, fortunately, unoccupied but not particularly clean. The bathroom floor tiles were in very bad shape and there was hair all over the place. I don't know what kind of standards the management has, but they should reconsider them.

Beyond the general lack of cleanliness, the room was OK. The beds were reasonably comfortable but the walls were quite thin. There is a pool and a fitness center. Breakfast was OK.

On the positive side, the staff seems friendly and was eager to accommodate the early departures of the swimmers by providing breakfast before the normal 6AM.

All things considered, I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: ask for a room that is clean and unoccupied.