Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Indianapolis W - Airport Area
Ranked #30 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed 1 night on our trip west. Clean room, friendly desk staff, comfortable beds, nice breakfast. Best of all shower water was 5x5. Strong pressure and hot temps. The only negative is that the housekeeping staff missed the wash cloth of the room's previous tenant, which was still hanging (the wash cloth, not the tenant) on the shower curtain rail.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank NevinBDonnell
Doug F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Indianapolis W - Airport Area, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear NevinBDonnell,
Thank you so much for you most complimentary review of our hotel. Friendliness and cleanliness are points of great interest to us and we are glad our team was able to provide them to you. Amenities such as our Express Breakfast, a comfortable bed, and a wonderful shower are great opportunities to show you how much we appreciate you making the choice to stay with us. We look forward to you next stay with us.

Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Convenient location close to the freeway as well as the airport. the room itself is nice and clean. They offer you a refrigerator as well as in microwave that is available in your room. They have a nice little snack area that you could purchase snacks and drinks. I do enjoy the continental breakfast that they serve. Nice selection of food. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel also offers free WiFi which is very nice for business purposes.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Ashley W
Doug F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Indianapolis W - Airport Area, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Ashley W,
Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay with our hotel. As a team, we strive to provide both the elements of a friendly, helpful staff and a room which affords you the cleanliness and comfort you mentioned inclusive of amenities such as a refrigerator and microwave. We are glad the internet was helpful and that the sundry shop's selection was to your liking. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

The staff was terrific. Doug was especially nice. I paid almost $300 for my room and it really seemed like it was right on the highway. I asked for a quiet room. The Breakfast was fine...a normal Holiday Inn Breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank ewilkens
Doug F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Indianapolis W - Airport Area, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear ewilkins,
Thank you for your review of our hotel during your most recent stay with us. Doug is indicative of the friendly staff we have that works hard every day to provide the best service and the clean, warm atmosphere our guests look for as they travel. I do apologize for the highway noise you encountered while you were here. Our normal course of action is provide a room away from the highway but there are times when that opportunity is compromised by the hotel being sold out. Nonetheless, we appreciate your time in sending your comments. We would very much appreciate the opportunity to have you stay with us again and provide you with a nice room on the other side of the hotel. Please contact me at the hotel if you are interested.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel because of the high reviews and the reviews were on target. I encountered a professional, pleasant and resourceful hotel staff throughout my stay! Gabriella, Angela, Stephanie and Alvin = FANTASTIC!!! From helping me to my room to giving their parking space to just a simple hello, how was your day. This has to be the best staff I have seen in a looooonng time and I am on business travel every week!

The only con is you will have to drive a little distance for dining. Then again they have a shuttle service which I did not use. I did see quite a few guests using the shuttle service.

Room Tip: Request a room on the opposite side of the highway.

Overall, it truly is a nice, new and clean hotel with EXCELLENT staff!

Room Tip: Request a room on the opposite side of the highway.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Travel B
Doug F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Indianapolis W - Airport Area, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Travek B,
I appreciate so much the review of our hotel by you. You referenced so many of the priorities we work hard to provide every day to our guests. We want you to feel comfortable in a friendly and clean atmosphere where a warm greeting and heartfelt acknowledgement can go a long way in making you feel at home with us. Gabrielle, Angela, Stephanie, and Alvin are representative of the entire staff we have working for us, and I appreciate you mentioning their efforts on your behalf. Make sure to reference your preference to be away from the highway, and we will gladly accomodate your requst. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

My experience started the night before with Don working the desk, I called to ask a question which he answered and also booked my room while he was attending to other guest! Don was considerate, polite and extremely professional!! The only reason I called the hotel directly was because IHG likes to outsource their calls to other countries which is fine but does neither party any good if there is a language barrier. That is just a note to the corporate office - find people your guest can communicate with! Anyway check in is supposed to be 3 pm and when I arrived at 1 pm they allowed me to check in, another big plus! My room was clean, comfortable, equipt with a microwave and mini frig there were also plenty of kids channels for a change! My big complaint in most hotels is that they carry 5 sports channels and 1 or 2 kids channels, I enjoy sports but 1 or 2 are all I need not 5 they had a great mix of channels here! Saturday night we met Sarah who was incredibly helpful, attentive and friendly! I had questioned the heat in the pool, the thermometer read 84 but there was no way, it was much colder and with a little more coaxing I think Sarah might have let me throw her in to prove my point! I didn't get to throw her in but she was kind enough to bring my daughter back an ice cream, Sarah was an instant hit with her! Sarah, you had me at 2 pm! I asked for a late check out thinking maybe they would push it to 1 but Sarah worked her magic and made our check out 2 pm!! In the morning my daughter slept in while I went and ate breakfast, I always love HI breakfast with the cinnamon rolls, they had much much more! Pancakes, eggs, sausage, biscuits & gravy, cereal, toast, bagels it was like a regular restaurant (almost). I didn't use the exercise equipment but I did bring my daughter breakfast in bed and decided to use the stairs, no surprise when I found the stairwells were as clean as the rest of the hotel! Check out was a breeze, my invoice was slid under my door during the night. We said our goodbyes and left, you can't get any easier than that!! Now just to be fair, every hotel seems to have the same problem - cleanliness of the bathrooms. It wasn't bad but I did notice the hair on the floor around the tub, the tile is light enough you should be able to catch it and most don't. They also forgot to replace plastic cups in the bathroom. The last thing as I mentioned was the pool, I am from Florida so I do know what 84 degrees in a pool feels like, that was not 84. At best it was about 72 - 74 degrees which us Floridians don't go in the water until it's 80+ degrees but my daughter became acclimated to the water quickly, most fish do adjust to their surrounding quickly though! Overall it was one of the best stays I have had at any hotel. I travel constantly and live in hotels some real nice other not so nice, this is a wonderful hotel for the price point. I have experienced the Wingate located by the HIE and HIE is head and shoulders over that property - I think I still have a review on here about them. As much as I love this place and the staff it is somewhere I won't be able to enjoy that often, I come in to Indianapolis every other weekend to spend time with my daughter so it gets expensive. My company pays 90% of the time but the remaining comes out of my pocket but for the occasional splurge this will certainly be my go-to place! Thank you for a fantastic stay!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank John D
Doug F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Indianapolis W - Airport Area, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear John D,
Thank you so much for your gracious review of our hotel. The time you took to mention so many positive aspects is reflected in your kind and thoughtful comments. Don and Sarah are indicative of the friendly and helpful staff that brings such tremendous service to our guests. The housekeepers make sure your room is clean and comfortable as you described, and our breakfast attendant makes sure that the meal you are offered, with all its choices, gets your day off to a fantastic start. It is nice to know, also, that you found the mix of television channels to your liking. Guest response in that area, is the only way we can know that we are offering a broad enough selection of channels for everyone to enjoy. I also enjoy you commenting on the eae of your check-out. This is a reflection on the job members of our late evening staff do. It is a total team effort that allows us to appreciate the comments you made. We look forward to the next opportunity you have for that "occasional" splurge.

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Melissa J the assistant manager is amazing, everyone at the hotel was amazing. They serve you a nice breakfast to help you on your way. I asked for 2 extra towels one evening and before I could get back to my room they were waiting. This place is close to the airport and 15 mins to downtown.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Anthony B,
Thank you for your great comments regarding you recent stay at our hotel. Melissa J. and the entire staff you referenced work very hard to provide the best guest service every day to every one of our guests and I am glad you were pleased with their efforts. The close proximity we share in distance and time to the Indianapolis International Airport and the vibrant downtown are big attractions and are a big reason so any people are discovering our hotel and enjoying their stays as much as you did yours. We look forward to your next syat with us.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Great great staff. Shuttle service. Very good breakfast. They even recommended restaurants to dine in, and then took me there and picked me up later. They definitely go the extra mile as far as service goes.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Doug F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Indianapolis W - Airport Area, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Ben W,
Thank you so much for your positive comments, especially those highlighting our staff and their total committment to providing the best guest service in Indianapolis. Our staff absolutely does go the extra mile, as you stated, in doing whatever we can to make every guest feel welcome and assist them in any way they can. We look forward to having you stay with us again the next time your busiess brings you to Indianapolis.