“Randy R " First Time Indy"”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Indianapolis W - Airport Area
Ranked #31 of 179 Hotels in Indianapolis
Fresno, California
“Randy R " First Time Indy"”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Great room and facilities. The staff were very friendly and greeted us every time we entered or left the lobby. They always asked if they could help us in any way. Will definitely stay there on my next trip.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Doug F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Indianapolis W - Airport Area, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Randy R,
Thank you for your compliments regarding your stay with us here at the hotel. Our staff is thrilled you found them friendly and they enjoy providing top notch customer service to any guest, like you, that stays with us. Whether it it extending a warm welcome when you enter the hotel, or providing the cleanest, most comfortable room in the city, as a team our wish is to have you stay with us every time you come to Indianapolis. We definitely look forward to your next stay with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Everything was great, breakfast, rooms and proximity to track. Very friendly staff. Breakfast was hot and ready every morning with a great staff. Doug was there to make sure that everything got
taken care of. Shuttle to airport was right there when needed.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be great
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Doug F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Indianapolis W - Airport Area, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear James F,
Our entire team sincerely appreciates your positive comments regarding your stay with us. We strive to do all of the things, big ad little, that can make your stay with us truly enjoyable, Whether it be a clean, comfortable room, a tremendous hot breakfast, or the timely shuttle service provded you, your satisfaction is our #1 priority. We will share your comments with Doug, and look forward to seeing you again next year.
McDonough, Georgia
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Doug and the staff at the hotel were outstanding. The newly renovated hotel was clean and comfortable. It was easy access from the airport, downtown Indy, and the track. The shuttle service from the airport was quick and easy and scheduling a ride back to the airport was a quick stop at the front desk. Kazablanka (within walking distance of the hotel) was a great stop for refreshments, entertainment, and a good portion of food. We look forward to next year.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jeremy L
Dear Jeremy L,
Thank you for the great comments regarding your stay at our hotel. Our team, including Doug, works hard to make sure every guest, like yourself, gets maximum customer service. This includes a great, clean room along with the many other amenities the hotel offers, including our shuttle that you mentioned. It is a tremendous service to offer our guests access to the three most poplular sites available to see in the month of May in Indianapolis. Thank you again, and we all look forward to seeing you next year.
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Properties are in excellent condition and all the staff were more than helpful and friendly. Easy access to the airport and downtown. The shuttle from the airport was very timely. I look forward to staying here again often.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Mark J,
Thank you for your great comments regarding your most recent stay at our hotel during the 500 Mile Race. The staff works hard to provide the very best possible customer service inclusive of such amenities as the 24/7 shuttle to the Indianapolis International Airport and to IMS, and the hot breakfast served every morning, With our hotel located equal distance to the east and west of the airport and downtown Indianapolis, we are glad the location works so well for you. We absolutely look forward to your next stay with us.
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

My room was awesome. I was upgraded to an Executive Suite for free due to my status and it was much appreciated. I had a giant bathtub, a living room and a separate bedroom which was nice. My only complaint is that they use scented laundry detergent and/or fabric softener on the towels and sheets which I and 20+% of the population are allergic to. Bummer! I'd have given them a 5 if it weren't for that.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank RQ-Traveler12
Doug F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Indianapolis W - Airport Area, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear HopMomma,
Thank you so much for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. Upgrading you based on your status is a tremendous benefit we like to honor with guests like yourself. We are glad you liked you room. I have passed along your comments regarding the scented towels and sheets you mentioned. We value your feedback regarding them very much. We all look forward to your next stay with us.
Georgia
Reviewed 3 June 2014

After an all day flight and an 11PM arrival at the hotel, I very much appreciated the check in staff and her quick help. My room was lovely, slept without any noises, inside or outside. Breakfast was tasty, warm and the dining area was roomy... probably the nicest one yet. Very happy there was a shuttle ride available from the airport!

Room Tip: My room was #320 on north side.....no problem with interstate noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank IslandGirlGeorgia
Doug F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Indianapolis W - Airport Area, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear IslandGirlGeorgia,
Your comments are appreciated and we thank you for your kind words. Regardless of the time one of our guests, such as ourself, checks in to our hotel, we make every attempt to provide the warmest welcome possible. A nice clean room, a comfortable bed, a great hot breakfast, and our 24/7 shuttle service are just a sampling of the excellent amenities our team uses to help provide the fabulous guest experience you have described. We look forward to your next stay with us.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 31 May 2014

If you read my other reviews you know I give honest and detailed reviews. I expect the same but I cannot trust reviews on Trip Advisor any longer after this visit. I stayed hear solely based on positive reviews.

PROS: For most part all except one hotel employee was very nice and friendly. Close to downtown area. So it appears only one missed customer service training. On the3rd day of stay whoever was working housekeeping did the best job cleaning the room I have seen but only after I was already there for two days. So, whoever did that thank you!

CONS: Everything else--Hotel is in this truck stop-looking plaza with three other low budget motels. The area gives you the creeps, feels unsafe and is in the middle of a slum area. That was first red flag. Slow Internet that sometimes would not connect at all, dirty, stinky, musty rooms and bathrooms that need an update. Hair in bathtub upon arrival. Dirty washcloths and stained towels. The bed is very hard but I am not one who needs really soft bed but if you do this hotel is not it. I was uncomfortable the whole time I was there and just felt dirty. When you come into hotel the lobby smells nice and that is where it ends. Really tiny lobby--two seats and waterfall right in front of the front desk. Two computers in business area were fine but if you need to use for business like changing word docs etc. good luck! I cannot comment on breakfast, why would I eat there if the rooms are creepy? The closes place to eat is Bob Evans and a gas station. I went out and got cleaning supply to make the stay bearable. If I was not there for business I would have left. I did not sleep the whole time I was there especially because the air conditioner needs to be replaced. It is noisy and shuts off throughout the night so you are either really cold or really hot throughout the night. It was a big pain and for someone with allergies this was the pits. I was exhausted and almost wet to sleep in my meetings. If you are looking for a nice, clean, comfortable hotel where you would even pay to stay an extra day this is not it. Would absolutely not stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank pickylady35
Doug F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Indianapolis W - Airport Area, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear pickylady35,
After reading your review of our hotel, I want to let you know how much I appreciate the "pros" you listed in regard to our hotel team and the outstanding treatment our housekeeping staff gave your room described in your words as the "best ever". I want to address your other comments, as the hotel has been completely renovatd and re-opened only 6 months since that work was done. Every room , every bathroom, the lobby area, the pool, in short, the entire hotel has been completely renovated and upgraded. I am sure that both Choice Hotels and Wyndham Hotels would be offended by comments referring to any of their brands being labeled as "low buget motels'. This hotel is located in a cluster inclusive of two other major hotel companies located just 8 minutes from both the downtown Indianapolis to our east, and the Indianapolis International Airport to our west, hardly a "slum area". I am told that our General Manager personally presented three rooms to you in an effort to find one that would provide you with a comfortable stay. No mention was made to her, she says, as you inspected the last of those rooms of any hair found in the bathtub or dirty washcloths and stained towels. The aroma in the rooms is courtesy of Comet cleanser and Fabreeze, the cleaning supllies of choice used by our stellar housekeeping department you have already complimented. Our complimentary hot Express breakfast is an excellent culmination of just about any breakfast item a guest could wish for and is in step with the breakfast standards set forth by the Intercontinental Hotels Group for Holiday Inn Express & Suites. The air condtioning units in the hotel are all brand new and run on a thermostat that can easily be adjusted for a guest's maximum comfort during their stay. If assistance in setting the thermostat was necessary, you were, of course, welcome to raise that concern with ay member of our team, who friendliness you have also complimented. Our primary goal here at our hotel remains the same with every guest who stays with us...to provide the most comfortable, cleanest, and friendliest overnight stay any guest could hope to enjoy in the Indianapolis area. With 49 other extremely positive TripAdvisor reviews on record, I feel strongly that our hotel is doing precisely that.