“Great hotel service”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Indianapolis South
Ranked #50 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Korean first
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012

I typically stay in hotels for weeks at a time for work. I've stayed at several other La Quintas for work due to the no-fee pet policy This particular property is one of the nicer ones I've stayed in. The breakfast is above average compared to other La Quintas. They have a nice dog area in the back. There is also some traffic free streets for dog walking.

The hotel has been recently remolded. Very clean. The bed and bedding is super comfortable. Room is spacious enough, and the work desk is sufficient. Flat panel TV is nice.

If I had a complaint, it would be that it gets pretty noisy on the first floor on the weekends, both inside and outside noise. The staff was accomodating to give me a room near a door for my dog. I dealt with the noise for that convenience.

Room Tip: As with every hotel, stay away from the lobby and elevators - noisy.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Palatine, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

We stayed for the Nascar race in August, the hotel is clean, and the staff is very friendly, we had a problem with one of the lights in the room and with in an hour a maintenance man showed up to do the repair. The breakfast had a good selection of food. The beds are a little soft but still very comfortable. It is right off the expressway so it made it easy to get around Indy. The only problem is the door to the room stuck almost like it is warped, so it sometimes took a heavier push to open it. I am glad that the hotel is affordable and will definitely stay there again when in the Indy area

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ocassionaltrip
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012

We were pleasantly surprised at the size of the room, the space for breakfast and the cleanliness of the entire facility. The location iwas great; we could get off and onto 465 extremely easily. We had a great stay!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

We had a nice stay here. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room and hotel were clean. Our room smelled a little like disinfectant at first, but it wasn't noticeable after awhile. Breakfast was good, plenty of choices, the waffles were banana flavored-- that was gross, a little sign letting us know would have been helpful. But overall I would stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

SoCal
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

Although the staff was nice and efficient, the room we were given was not great. We were traveling with our dog, and this was the only place on our 2 week trip where I felt like we were given a "dog room" that was not cleaned in the same way as a regular room. This was probably not the case, but it was not a good room. It smelled funny the minute we walked in, sort of moist and mildewed. The beds were comfortable, and the room had modern furnishings that were nice, but I found a large dead bug of some sort (cockroach?) lying next to the tub. That kind of freaked me out, but I reassured myself that at least it wasn't alive, right? Well, an hour later, I found a live one in the same place. Squish. My son found one in his bed later on that night, also alive. Thankfully, he didn't tell me until after we'd checked out the next morning or I'd have been out of there before nightfall.

Our room looked out at the pool, which is on the back side of the property facing the freeway. As a result, we had to keep our sheer curtains closed or we'd be staring at the pool patrons and vice-versa. We noticed after it was dark that one of the lights that lit up the building was directly outside our window too, so as a result of that, the light seeped in around the blackout curtains and the room was never completely dark. It wasn't a big deal to us, but if it's important to you, take a look outside before you unpack. It wasn't like a giant blinking neon sign or anything, but it was very very bright.

As I sat at the desk, I noticed a smell sort of like a flea collar. I thought maybe it was bug spray or something like that. It's not a great feeling when you have to decide which is the lesser evil, having a bunch of live bugs in the room, or the room smelling like pesticide. We decided not to check out the breakfast in the morning and tried to pack the car quickly. Not sure what was going on, but it seems like there was a sewage issue in a room near the exit door, or else there was a human feces accident of some sort. We ran into a guy with a steam cleaner in that area, so at least they were cleaning up whatever it was, but the smell was so bad, I almost gagged several times.

It's close to food, gas, and close to the freeway, so it's in a decent enough location, but we did not enjoy our stay. If the girl at the front desk had asked how our stay was, I would have told her, but she didn't ask. We had another reservation at a La Quinta later in our trip, and based on this stay I was nervous about what that location might bring. Fortunately, it seems this one is the outlier. Not sure why this is rated so high unless I got the worst room in the place. I guess that's possible. Would never stay here again nor would I recommend it to others.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family