“Class Act”

Ranked #54 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
Illinois
“Class Act”
Reviewed 19 November 2012

We recently booked two rooms for two nights at this hotel. It was a great value, especially since we booked it through Hotwire.com. The rooms were updated, clean, and comfortable. The staff bent over backward to make sure that everything was right. This hotel is located about 5 miles south of downtown in Indianapolis, but access to downtown is pretty easy. The breakfast was above average, with hot and cold choices in a pleasant room. Our only problem occurred when a couple of young men decided to "exercise" in the exercise room at 3 a.m. They left when they were confronted, but the hotel comped a room night for the inconvenience. I'd be happy to stay here again!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Korean first
Kalamazoo
Reviewed 11 November 2012

I have never stayed at a LaQuinta before, and nothing is making me really want to do it again. We booked a couple of rooms because of an event one weekend. I went to cancel one before the event and even though I had confirmation numbers, they told me that I had no rooms reserved under my name. So after much help from one of the workers, Carlos, I was able to get a room reserved. Then I got an e-mail two days before the event and now I had three rooms under my name. Fortunately, with the help of Carlos again, I got it straightened out. I have no idea what was going on with the computer system.

Once we checked in, we found out that the with a busy event at the hotel, one of the two elevators didn't work. That blew! I took the stairs to the fifth floor more than I would have liked to because I got tired of waiting for the elevator. The room itself was fine. The bed was okay and the TV channel choices was okay. The internet connection was middle of the road at best. The continental breakfast was pretty good. The coffee for the guests was badly stocked while the event was going on. My girlfriend kept going behind the breakfast coounter and restocking it herself.

The location wasn't bad. It was realatively easy to get in and out and there are many restaurants nearby. There is also shopping very close and there is easy access to I-465.

All in all, the experience was not great. Carlos is the only reason I rated this place as high as I did. I'm in no hurry to go to a LaQuinta again.

Room Tip: Get a room on the first or second floor because functioning elevators seem to be a problem.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank travelbobKalamazoo
Waterloo, Iowa
Reviewed 8 November 2012

I really enjoyed having both my ceremony and reception at this location. The Sales Coordinator Whitney worked within our budget and did what she could to accommodate my friends and family even at last minute. The staff that was on shift during the night helped with supplies such as tape and pencils etc... to get the last minute stuff together. The bartender, Alex, that worked the wedding was totally awesome and so friendly! La Quinta also has a lounge and everybody in there was just as courteous. The rooms were amazing I didn't want to leave!
Overall the staff did an exceptional job going above and beyond their duties!
---The Lloyds

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
sagekhanna, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Indianapolis South, responded to this review, 12 December 2012
Dear Lloyds,

Thanks so much for the positive review. My staff and I wish you the best.

Regards,

Sage Khanna
G. Manager
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 October 2012

This is great if travelling with animals. I don't and don't want to be next to them which was what happened. Barking dogs is not my idea of restful night's sleep. Halls and my room had odor. Room was very clean, but furniture looked old and was depressing. Bed very comfortable. Good breakfast offering

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thanks for your review. I am sorry to hear about your poor stay quality with us. I apologize you had to hear pets bark and I do recognize this as an inconvenience. We do have a standard cleaning procedure that we follow for rooms that have had pets. I will however review these issues with my front desk and housekeeping staff. I do hope that when you travel to Indianapolis the next time, you give us another chance to serve you.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 26 October 2012

We have stayed at this location two times (yearly trip to Indy) and probably won't stay here again. Although the staff is accommodating enough, there's always something going wrong here.

First year a water pipe was broken and flooded half the hotel. This year we went through three rooms. First room the refrigerator and shower did not work. Since the hotel was full we couldn't change rooms until the second night. Our second room reeked of smoke (although we were told that it is an Indiana law that all hotels are non-smoking). Our third room finally worked out.

There's not really anything 'wrong' with the hotel, it's just aging and seems to have ongoing issues. We always choose LQ's due to their awesome pet policy and will continue to stay at this chain.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. I am really sorry to hear about your poor experience with our hotel. We are constantly working towards improving our hote. I do hope that when you travel to Indianapolis the next time, your hotel of choice will be the La Quinta Inn & Suites Indianapolis South.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 October 2012

You can NOT go wrong staying at any LaQuinta Inns. They are very clean and the staff are very nice and knowledgeable. The beds are extremely comfortable and the breakfasts are well maintained and supplied .

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I will share your positive comments with the entire staff. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay. I do hope that when you travel to Indianapolis the next time, your hotel of choice will be the La Quinta Inn & Suites Indianapolis South.
Chicagoland
Reviewed 22 October 2012

This is a former Holiday Inn property. Rooms are clean, property is maintained, staff is friendly and the breakfast buffet is ok. Elevator is kinda slow and the desk clerk had issues with the room key machine that night but went out of her way to get us in our rooms.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Dear Eric H,

Thanks for your review. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay. I do hope that when you travel to Indianapolis the next time, your hotel of choice will be the La Quinta Inn & Suites Indianapolis South.

Sage Khanna