“As Always, LQ an Excellent Option for Pet Owners - Satisfied”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Indianapolis South
Ranked #50 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 24 October 2013

For those of you that don't know, La Quinta's policy allows you to bring your pets with no fee. When I found out that my wife was to be in her college friend's wedding, we decided to bring our dogs along with us because any dog owner can tell you that boarding your pets is extremely expensive. You do have to sign a form if you bring dogs but just to be 100% sure my dogs didn't make a mess, I brought my crate to crate them in.

Since we knew we were going to stay at a La Quinta regardless, we needed one to be on the SE side of Indianapolis due to the proximity of the rehearsal dinner & wedding venues. It was a toss up between this one and La Quinta East-Post Drive. While The Post Drive location would have been a few miles closer, we chose this one simply because of the ratings not only on TA, but general web search. Plus this one had the "TA Certificate of Excellence 2013" vs the Post Drive location.

The hotel itself is very convenient, located right off the interstate. Interstate noise is not an issue (I stayed on the south side rooms) and the staff/hotel lobby is clean and well kept. Location is good too with lots of restaurants nearby. Rooms are a little dated, but my room's cleanliness was decent and amenities were good. I appreciate that they include a fridge/microwave (an amenity other hotels leave out or even charge you for).

The only complaint I have is that the set of elevators nearest the lobby only has 1 working elevator. There is a 3rd standalone elevator at the end of the building. I don't know if it was out of order or what, but the doors never opened of the 2 night/3days I stayed there. The hotel was VERY busy, so i found myself waiting a while just to get on the elevator several times.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to others, especially if you own dogs.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Faluzure
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Indianapolis South

Reviewed 13 October 2013

La Quinta absolutely deserves my high rating. It was a very pleasant stay, clean room, friendly staff, comfortable bed, and affordable! The location was perfect, easy to find and just the right distance from places like the airport and the speedway. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: The parking lot side (opposite the highway) was quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank Caryl J
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We had a great stay at this Hotel. All the staff were extremely helpful, friendly and professional. One morning when we went down for the free breakfast, it was VERY busy. Tina did an excellent job of re-stocking everything and handling everyone's special requests/needs and did it all with a smile and pleasant attitude. The front desk clerk (and I'm sorry I don't have his name) jumped right in to help her when needed.
I strongly recommend La Quinta Inns & Suites. This is our hotel of choice if there is one in the area that we are travelling.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 5 September 2013

The room was clean, the employees were helpful and nice especially Tina who made sure the breakfast bar was set up nicely and delish, and helped start off the day with a pleasant greeting and smile. All in all a decent place to stay. :)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My daughter and i stayed here on our cross country trip and found the rooms very clean and the breakfast wonderful- would stay at anyone of these hotels anywhere! The location was perfect for our trip and the staff very helpful with the many questions we had they even directed us to,a nice restaurant close by for dinner. At breakfast the food was ready at an early hour as we were leaving to continue our drive- everyone was so friendly.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family