For those of you that don't know, La Quinta's policy allows you to bring your pets with no fee. When I found out that my wife was to be in her college friend's wedding, we decided to bring our dogs along with us because any dog owner can tell you that boarding your pets is extremely expensive. You do have to sign a form if you bring dogs but just to be 100% sure my dogs didn't make a mess, I brought my crate to crate them in.
Since we knew we were going to stay at a La Quinta regardless, we needed one to be on the SE side of Indianapolis due to the proximity of the rehearsal dinner & wedding venues. It was a toss up between this one and La Quinta East-Post Drive. While The Post Drive location would have been a few miles closer, we chose this one simply because of the ratings not only on TA, but general web search. Plus this one had the "TA Certificate of Excellence 2013" vs the Post Drive location.
The hotel itself is very convenient, located right off the interstate. Interstate noise is not an issue (I stayed on the south side rooms) and the staff/hotel lobby is clean and well kept. Location is good too with lots of restaurants nearby. Rooms are a little dated, but my room's cleanliness was decent and amenities were good. I appreciate that they include a fridge/microwave (an amenity other hotels leave out or even charge you for).
The only complaint I have is that the set of elevators nearest the lobby only has 1 working elevator. There is a 3rd standalone elevator at the end of the building. I don't know if it was out of order or what, but the doors never opened of the 2 night/3days I stayed there. The hotel was VERY busy, so i found myself waiting a while just to get on the elevator several times.
Overall, I would recommend this hotel to others, especially if you own dogs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Quinta Inns & Suites offers just what travelers need to wake up on the bright side. At La Quinta Inns & Suites, we know travel can be challenging. That’s why we are here to help both business and leisure travelers find their inner optimist. We have plenty of indulgences to be happy about including our free Hot Deluxe Breakfast, high speed internet, and exercise / fitness center. We want to give you a jump start on your day with everything from fresh and delicious make-your-own waffles, biscuit & gravy, hot and cold cereal, hard boiled-eggs, bread muffins and fresh fruit to all you-can-drink-coffee and juice, there’s something for everyone. We also have catering, Jacuzzi suites with kitchenettes, out door swimming pool, business center, full service banquet facilities with food and beverages. We are pet friendly. Walk to near by restaurants and shopping centers. Our open light-filled lobbies are a great place to hang out. In room features are alarm clocks, coffee makers, complimentary local calls, hair dryers, irons & ironing boards, wired & wireless internet, refrigerators, microwaves, sitting areas, voice mail, flat screen with premium cable; non-smoking rooms and they are handicap accessible. We are 6.13 miles from downtown and right off I-465/ I-74 and 3.5 miles east of I-65. Come and enjoy our comfy beds and many other amenities delivered with friendly service and dose of humor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LaQuinta, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Indianapolis South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inns & Suites Indianapolis South Hotel Indianapolis
- La Quinta Inns And Suites Indianapolis South
- La Quinta Indianapolis