“Convenient and comfortable”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Indianapolis South
Ranked #55 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Korean first
Ohio
Reviewed 13 November 2013

My two adult daughters and I were in Indy for the BOA, so the location was perfect for an event at Lucas Oil Stadium. Only about 10 minutes away with mostly highway driving. Another 10 minutes the opposite direction took you to multiple restaurants and shopping. The double beds in the suite were very comfortable and the room was clean. Since there were three adult women, the two bathrooms were a plus. My main problem/complaint is that I booked that room with the primary purpose of each of us having our own bed. However the couch/bed was so uncomfortable that she said, "I feel like I'm lying on a bed of nails". She finally got up and shared a bed with her sister. When checking out I mentioned this to the clerk and she said that the couch/bed was not meant to be used by anyone over the age of six and that I should have asked for a roll away bed. We called and asked for only a blanket and pillows and after waiting more than 45 minutes, never received those so why ask for another bed which may not have been any more comfortable than the couch/bed. They should state the age limit on the couch/bed on their website, or better yet...get a new couch sleeper. All furniture in that room is very outdated.

Room Tip: Ask for a roll away bed if booking the suite.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank grainbowjudy
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Pleasantly surprised and nice newly remolded rooms and great Japanese restaurant across the street. New lounge had a long way to go to be more than a bar. Desk people were very good at being friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 October 2013

convenient, clean, really personable staff, particularly the morning staff. We needed to check out a day earlier and the morning shift expressed regret that we could not stay longer and she would miss us.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 24 October 2013

For those of you that don't know, La Quinta's policy allows you to bring your pets with no fee. When I found out that my wife was to be in her college friend's wedding, we decided to bring our dogs along with us because any dog owner can tell you that boarding your pets is extremely expensive. You do have to sign a form if you bring dogs but just to be 100% sure my dogs didn't make a mess, I brought my crate to crate them in.

Since we knew we were going to stay at a La Quinta regardless, we needed one to be on the SE side of Indianapolis due to the proximity of the rehearsal dinner & wedding venues. It was a toss up between this one and La Quinta East-Post Drive. While The Post Drive location would have been a few miles closer, we chose this one simply because of the ratings not only on TA, but general web search. Plus this one had the "TA Certificate of Excellence 2013" vs the Post Drive location.

The hotel itself is very convenient, located right off the interstate. Interstate noise is not an issue (I stayed on the south side rooms) and the staff/hotel lobby is clean and well kept. Location is good too with lots of restaurants nearby. Rooms are a little dated, but my room's cleanliness was decent and amenities were good. I appreciate that they include a fridge/microwave (an amenity other hotels leave out or even charge you for).

The only complaint I have is that the set of elevators nearest the lobby only has 1 working elevator. There is a 3rd standalone elevator at the end of the building. I don't know if it was out of order or what, but the doors never opened of the 2 night/3days I stayed there. The hotel was VERY busy, so i found myself waiting a while just to get on the elevator several times.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to others, especially if you own dogs.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Faluzure
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed 13 October 2013

La Quinta absolutely deserves my high rating. It was a very pleasant stay, clean room, friendly staff, comfortable bed, and affordable! The location was perfect, easy to find and just the right distance from places like the airport and the speedway. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: The parking lot side (opposite the highway) was quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends