“they forgot to clean my room” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Indianapolis South

La Quinta Inn & Suites Indianapolis South
Ranked #54 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
chicago, il
“they forgot to clean my room”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Overall I was pleased with my two night stay. Carlos at the front desk was pleasant and arranged taxi service for us. Crystal who coordinated the complimentary breakfast greeted everyone with a smile and made sure the food was hot and plentiful and the dining area was kept clean.

My main complaint was our room was not serviced on the second day of our stay. We left early that morning (8;30a.m.) to attend a convention and when we returned at 4p.m. the bed was still unmade, trash cans full and overflowing, carpets not vacuumed, no towels, no soaps. I called down to the front desk and I was informed that housekeeping had already left for the day. The desk clerk brought us up towels and soap. She even made the bed. I was disappointed that there was no compensation offered to stay in a dirty room. That seriously put a damper on our hotel stay.

Room Tip: Looking for a good place to eat - try Dales Family Restaurant in the strip mall by Kmart. Great hom...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank lokidog
WhitneyYoung, Sales Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Indianapolis South, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! The opinions of our guests are very valuable to us. I am glad to hear that you were pleased with your stay overall, and that our front desk agent took care of your issue in a timely manner. I sincerely apologize that our housekeeping service did not meet your expectations on this visit. It is our goal to make sure every guest at La Quinta is satisfied upon checkout. I would like the opportunity to discuss this issue further to your satisfaction. I hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards,

Whitney

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Korean first
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

Thank you for having a no pet fee and a great, free breakfast. We recently stayed in four of your hotels in four states. We chose your hotel chain due to the above factors. Many happy pet owners stay at your hotel. Remodeling has greatly improved the rooms and sleeping quality. Having thicker walls decreases the noise level. Indoor pools is a nice feature also.
We will choose LaQuinta again. Thank you. Fran O'Brien

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

I would like to tell you about Krystal, she was cheerful, friendly and went out of her way to help our tour with our breakfast needs. She even brought me a glass of water . Our tour left early, she was there and had everything set out and ready. Thank you for employing her.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Grand Rapids, MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

It was great to have a hotel which served a full breakfast so that we could get on with our travels. There was a wonderful server at breakfast who was particularly customer service oriented. She was top notch. Would stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Akron, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

A group of us stayed over for 3 nights while attending a firefighters conference downtown. The hotel is located right off the highway, and we were easily at the conference after a short 15 or so minute drive each day.

The hotel was comfortable, although our room was in dire need of updating, and maybe better attention by the cleaning staff. I found an old beer bottle top just under my bed the second night there, and was glad I didn't have bare feet. I was a little disappointed that the maid didn't leave us new shampoo and soap after our first night, too. My roommate and I used up most of the first bottle after one night, but had just enough to get us thru a second morning.

Breakfast was decent, with the usual waffles, eggs, cereal, etc. Crystal (I understand that may be her name from previous posts) was outstanding each morning, making sure we had enough to eat. She's awesome. The barmaid (I didn't get her name) was great as well. We returned late one night as she was closing, and she was kind enough to wait for us to buy drinks prior to heading upstairs to our rooms.

Overall a good stay. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the south side of the hotel, the highway runs by the north side and it may bother...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank f220
Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at 4 La Quintas in Indianapolis, this La Quinta seemed a bit more luxurious than the others. I arrived at hotel around 11:30 am, and my room was already ready.
The room was clean, nicely decorated. 2 comfy queen beds with fresh duvet covers. A Sanyo flat screen TV looked a bit old, had poor picture quality. At least 3 channels (NBC, USA, & Lifetime) didn't work at all. TV remote didn't have a CC button.
The free wifi needed an access code and it was slow sometimes. The wifi password has been reset every day, so don't forget to get the daily password if you stay more than 2 nights.

The bathroom was clean as well, but it needs renovation. A cracked bathtub has been repaired, rusted bolts on toilet base. The mirror seemed to have an anti-fog coating.
No shampoo and soap bars on the first day. So I asked the housekeeper to bring them, she immediately came up to my room with 2 bottles of shampoo and 2 bars of soap. And then she asked if I need something else.

Good sized Microfridge but the microwave was a little dirty obviously hasn't been wiped since the previous guest used. And there was white mold in the coffee maker.
My room was near the elevators and ice machine, so it was kind of noisy. On-site laundry facility was convenient. However, my clothes got so DUSTY after washing and drying. It probably needs to clean the washer and dryer vent.

There are too many fast food restaurants within a short walking distance. I've been here about 5 years ago, some good restaurants have opened up in these 5 years. And Walmart supercenter is nearby. So you can get some food at Walmart and eat it in your hotel room.
The front desk staff were super nice, and the housekeepers were so kind and helpful. Anyway, I love this hotel though I also pointed out a few negative things. I would return here and I hope things have been improved next time.

• Stayed March 2014