“Great place to stay”

Ranked #37 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Columbus, Ohio
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 3 May 2012

This hotel is right off I-74 in south Indianapolis. It looks slightly dated from the outside but the inside is very up to date and inviting. The front desk person was very friendly and the lobby is clean and attractive. They do have an elevator. The hallways are wide and well-lit. Standard fare for breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway side of the building.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
jiindysouth, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Indianapolis South, responded to this review, 14 June 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel, we value your feedback. I am glad you found our lobby and guest rooms inviting, we continue to make improvements at our hotel, most recently with new 37" flat screen TV's and new in room gourmet coffee makers.
We hope you visit us again soon.

Jill Fields
GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Probably this hotel gets a lower rating because I was tired and ready to get home! The front desk person was unprepared although we had reservations (this was a large group so there were a good many of us). Room was okay, clean and comfortable. There's a Cracker Barrel across the parking lot, not a favorite restaurant of mine but we were seated quickly and the service was prompt and professional. One of my traveling companions loves browsing the Cracker Barrel store and said they had a good selection of souvenirs, gifts, etc.

Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Kingsport, Tennessee
Reviewed 1 April 2012

(Summary) - Don't be fooled by the somewhat older looking exterior - this hotel appears to be recently renovated on the inside and I would highly recommend it if you need a place to stop in Indianapolis for a night or two and don't need to be right in the city. Would be a good hotel if cost $20 more a night, but value pushes into excellent territory.

Room and Facilities General
I was in charge of booking a trip to the south side of Indianapolis I had seen good reviews on the site for this hotel, but when I pulled up to the front, I have to admit I was a little nervous. The exterior looked a little older so I wasn't sure what I was getting into. However, from first stepping into the lobby it was obvious they had remodeled recently. The room reflected this as well - it had a very new appearance and it was very clean. The bed I found to be very comfortable but I will say it is on the small side for a queen size. Had a refrigerator and I think a microwave though I don't remember really well. Bathroom wasn't large but the sink was outside the bathroom. Shower was typical for such a hotel - nothing really to note good or bad. Room had a desk and a chair. I wasn't concerned about a lot of amenities based on the nature of the trip, so I can't comment if they even had a pool or gym. They do have some nice desks and other spots on the second floor of the lobby. Climate control seemed good though we didn't use it much based on the weather. Nice flat screen TV and free internet

Location
Not inside the perimeter, but close enough to be a quick drive to downtown. Typical mall kind of restaurants nearby. Parking lot actually adjoins a Cracker Barrel. The entrance isn't the most straightforward to figure out the first time but the GPS handled it well. Next to the interstate but I didn't hear any traffic (though we were on the other side of the hotel).

Front desk was good to work with. I found out when I had arrived that priceline had booked me in a smoking room (not clearly indicated to me as far as I could tell), but no issue in switching to non-smoking. The person in charge of breakfast in the morning was extremely friendly and nice to talk to. I appreciate friendliness that extends beyond the front desk.

Breakfast was above average but not exceptional. The food I felt was of good quality and was closely managed. As was mentioned by another reviewer, probably not the variety of pastry, fruit, or yogurt options you might find at a top-of-the-line hotel breakfast but certainly more than adequate. Again, I was impressed by the attendant in the lobby who would talk to people and try to hand them the freshest food possible.

Probably this is what makes the difference for me between 4 and 5 star. I probably would have given it 4 stars if it had been $99/night, but we got it for a fair amount less than that.

Room Tip: Be sure that one of these online booking agencies doesn't stick you in a smoking room.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank kpt-traveler
INDIANA
Reviewed 3 March 2012

We stayed in this hotel for one night during our father's hospital stay. We were tired and relieved to find a hotel with friendly staff and clean rooms. They also offer a discount rate for "hospital" stays. I called around and the staff was by far the most helpful and friendly in the area...something you area looking for when you are tired at the end of a long day. Although we were not here for leisure, I would stay at this hotel again for any reason.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank IMNTTRAVEL
jiindysouth, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Indianapolis South, responded to this review, 14 March 2012
Thank you for the feedback! I'm glad to hear that we were able to meet your needs and that you enjoyed your stay. Please keep us in mind for your future travels.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 7 February 2012

We found out last minute we has tickets to the super bowl, so to say finding an available hotel was difficult is an understatement. However we were able to find rooms at the Jameson Inn Indy South, and based on the reviews we felt pretty lucky!

The location is really great; you're not in downtown Indy but its close, and there are lots of shopping options, food, etc.

When we walked in the room, there definitely wasn't anything special About it, but we knew we had a place to lay our heads and that's all we needed. However the second I took my shoes off, it was clear that they had not swept the floor because I was stepping on something that we did not bring in with us. Gross.

We also got a room right by the interstate, so sleep quality was not the best. However the curtains block out all light and we were able to sleep in; loved that!

The shower does have little cubbies for you to place your shampoo/conditioner in, which was very helpful! AWFUL towels. Bring your own (I'm kidding, but they really are bad).

It's our last night; we just walked in, and they only cleaned a 1/4 of our room. We had two beds; one was made, the other wasn't. And my bed has the old pillow cases; I can tell because there's still mascara on the pillow from the night before. Really? Is it too much to ask to get new sheets? Especially since all the bars here allow smoking in them so everything we own smells like smoke.

Listen, it was a GREAT location and like I said, we just needed a place to sleep. But it was not worth the $500 a night they charged us because it was the super bowl (total rip off) and we will not be returning.

• Stayed February 2012
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 24 October 2011

I just spent last week at a local woodworking school. The Jameson was close to the school, local shops and loads of restaurants. The service was great and I especially was grateful to see laundry facilities in the hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Adrian C
jiindysouth, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Indianapolis South, responded to this review, 4 November 2011
Thank you for telling us about your stay. We appreciate the great feedback. We hope that your class was most enjoyable. We can't wait to see you next time!

Chicago vicinity
Reviewed 19 October 2011

When passing through Indy we normally stay at another nearby hotel but the rates at that other hotel went up significantly- - so I decided to try the Jameson Inn. We stayed at a different Jameson property earlier this year, and liked it a lot. This hotel did not disappoint. We were very happy with our decision to try someplace new.

Things started well with a very friendly evening clerk (Raquel?) who put us in a room that matched my reservation request exactly. The room had a pleasant up-to-date decor, for a hotel in this price range. Everything in the room worked and the bed was comfortable.The only shortcoming was the breakfast buffet. It was average, at best. Thankfully, Long's Bakery is about 1 mile down Southport Road.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side are closest to I-65.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank BigTool
jiindysouth, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Indianapolis South, responded to this review, 19 October 2011
I'm so glad that you gave us a try! You can rest assured that you will have the same great service and accommodations the next time you're in town, and we hope very much to see you again.

Jameson Inn Indianapolis South