Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis South
US$125
US$150
US$137
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmake a u turnhot tubcinnamon rollsfamily fun packagerecommend this hotelwould stay here againthe breakfast areafront desk clerkhousekeeping staffnice stayyogurtchildren's museumindoor poolfree breakfastmini fridgelate checkpillows
Reviewed 21 February 2012

This is an older Holiday Inn. The rooms were outdated, but clean.
We used the pool and hot tub which gave our family of 4 a chemical burn. I called the front desk to let them know to check the chemical levels. The clerk was very nice and apologetic, even offered us a free movie. I told her that I didn't want anything except to make sure that the levels were correct. We had 2 beds in our room. One was very lumpy, put the kids on it, the other was OK. Not like the new beds in the newer hotels.
There is another HOliday Inn Express Suites very close by. Search under Holiday Inn Express Suites Indianapolis Southeast. MUCH nicer hotel, large rooms, modern. Same price booked direct through their website. I was confused when I booked this one, as I thought we were staying at the other one. Woops. Boy was I disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
tseitz32, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis South, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

Thank you for still rating us with 3 out of 5, especially considering your experiences. I am sorry to disappoint, our hotel was built in 1998 but was renovated in 2009. Again we are sorry that you felt your stay wasn't up to your expectations. I have been to the Southeast property and it is very nice, I am truly glad that you do want to stay in the Holiday Inn Express family. Thanks again for taking the time to fill out a review and give us pointers on how to do better.

Reviewed 13 February 2012

A lovely hotel. Stayed at a few and this is very nice. Clean airy rooms (very similar to their 'standard' rooms. We didn't use the gym, pool or breakfast area - were only here for an overnight stay and had an early check out.

Rooms were clean and tidy - staff were helpful. Very good :)

Only issue was the room cleaners. They knocked on the door 4 times in the morning starting at about 9:00 till 10:00. Was very annoying especially as it was about every 25 minutes.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad you stayed. Hopefully, you will get the chance to come back and enjoy more of our amenities, especially our breakfast, with our hot food, signature cinnamon rolls and pancake machine. Thank you again.

Reviewed 9 February 2012

I stayed at this Holiday Inn Express during Super Bowl weekend and the place was great. The hotel attended to every last detail, from welcome amenities in the room that included football cookies, a "Welcome to Indiana" candy bar, and a pamphlet with maps, shopping, restaurants, and all the Super Bowl parties. The hotel is clean, the rooms are nice sized, the staff is extremely friendly and accommodating, and the location is great. 10 minutes straight north on US 31 to downtown Indy, and 5 minutes south to any chain restaurant you could want (Cheesecake Factory, Chili's, Ruby Tuesday's, Hooters, City Barbecue, etc.), as well as a Simon mall. There is also a CVS right on the corner and the location is a few hundred yards south of the highway. I actually had a prepaid reservation at a similar category hotel by the airport, but the place was dirty, noisy, and totally unacceptable to the point where I couldn't stay there. All the downtown hotels were sold out (naturally) - Luckily I checked on TripAdvisor and found this HIE - when I called I was totally surprised that they had a room available. Myra at the front desk was extremely helpful - she described the hotel in detail and gave me a very fair rate considering the demand for the weekend. Once I arrived I knew it was the best decision I made the whole weekend, and it greatly contributed to the incredible time we had. I would definitely stay here again on future trips to Indy and would definitely recommend this property to a friend.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Location was convenient to all highways and the staff was very accommodating. Free breakfast was nice and the kids enjoyed the pool! Overall great stay.

Room Tip: We used Hotwire.com and got a GREAT deal on the room!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Bill L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis South, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

Thank you for your review. I am glad we were able to give your family a nice and enjoyable stay. Next time if you come back, also try our reservations center they offer some awesome packages that appeal to families. Again, thank you for taking the time to review.

Reviewed 26 January 2012

I tryed to book a room, but when I called the hotel they were very rude and told me they only had king rooms for one hundred and fifty dollars. I was going to take one and asked if they had a hotel suttle and was told no. I asked if there was a cab service and the girl at the desk said she didn't know and Hung up on me. Hey Holiday inn, take a lesson from Country inn, treat your guest with respect, and get your prices in line. You are not too big to fail. I am also a priorty club member, and bing treated like that.

• Stayed: January 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I am sorry about the fact that you could not book at our hotel and very surprised that you were treated rudely. Our staff tries very hard to help whomever they deal with, even if it means they have to find a different hotel, like one with an airport shuttle. I will ensure that our staff is retrained on professional phone procedures. I am surprised that you were not given the option for cab service as we have that information readily available.