All reviewsmake a u turncinnamon rollshot tubfamily fun packagered lobsterrecommend this hotelthe breakfast areawould stay here againfront desk clerkhousekeeping staffyogurtnice staychildren's museumcoffee makerindoor poolfree breakfastlate check
Reviewed 23 October 2012

I'm in Indianapolis, IN for a 3 week long school. The hotel arrangements were made by the school months in advance. The first 3 nights were good, except for not having a working coffee pot in my room. When I realized there was no coffee pot, I called to the front desk and was told one would be sent up immediately. Well, I guess "immediately" to them meant late the next afternoon and after I went to the front desk asking about the coffee pot! Within 10 minutes of going to the front desk, a coffee pot magacialy appeared! Imagine that!! As I mentioned, I'm in Indianapolis for school, there's about 80-90 of us for this school, so I realiezed there would be two to each room. Ok, I was told that up front, so I'm good with it. But......after 11 days in school, we return from our classes' to discover a note spilled under our doors, saying that we would now be moving rooms again, and will be now 3-4 to a room!!!! What??!!! 3-4 grown adults, strangers to each other to a room!! Turns out the hotel had booked all our rooms out to the FAA a year ago and OVER BOOKED!! My response to this was and still is, the hotel has valid a contract from over 3 years ago for our school!! How is it possible that WE have to go to 3-4 to a room, when our school is STEADY year long business to the hotel????? And when myself and class mates inquired into to this further, we were told "Sorry, that's how it is! You can deal with it or leave!!!" Excuse me!!!! A large portion of what I'm paying for this school is for this hotel room!!

Do not ever, ever stay at this hotel!!!! And after the experience and treatment I and other class mates have received, I will NEVER stay at a Holiday Inn Express or any other Holiday Inn hotel!! EVER!!!

Room Tip: Don't waste your time and money coming to this hotel!! The crew at the front desk are rude and don't care about the guest that have been checked into this hotel prior to "new" guest!! Guests????!!!! Excuse me......more like a prison sentence!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank eLynneMathison
Bill L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis South, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2012

Dear Ms. Mathison,

I am truly sorry to hear of your disappointment. We have been hosting the scholl here for over a year now and have served well over 4500 students. In all that time we have only requested 3 students to a room twice. For 4 nights over Superbowl and for 3 nights during the Futrue Farmers of America conference (one of the largest conventions in the United States and certainly the largest all year in Indianapolis). We are truly sorry that this inconvienced you so much. You are absolutely correct that we should address this in a much more sensitive manner. Your comments will help us to stay sharp and focused that each student is new to us and we should not judge through the experiences of past problems.

Reviewed 16 October 2012

I had the opportunity to stay at the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast Hotel during one of my recent business trips. I arrived tired and ready for a relaxing evening. Being a Platinum Elite member I was upgraded to a suite and had one of the most peaceful nights on the road in a long time. Everything in the room just clicked. The air worked well, the bed was comfortable and the pillows were great. The next morning I had a thoughtful note written on my folio and was greeted in the dining area. The staff was pleasant and upbeat. Great trip

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Bill L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis South, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2012

Thank you so much for your kind remarks. We do appreciate having you as a guest. We are here to help you get your work done. It is always gratifying to give our Platinum members their hard earned perks!!

Reviewed 2 October 2012

My husband and daughters stayed here for one night last month. It is a nice hotel, that is a little dated but we got a good price on it so we were ok with that. Rooms were clean and good size. We did experience a little noise in our room due to traffic outside. The pool area is nice and well maintained. Overall nice place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

So glad your family enjoyed their time with us. Thank you for taking the time to review us. We hope they also got to enjoy our pancake machine!! Hope to see all of you soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2012

My family's experience was above average at this location but had its bumps in the road; Let me start with the positive experiences; the service from all staff members was great, very friendly and polite. The rooms were clean and neat. The pool and hot tub was great. Our only issue, which is currently being worked out by a fantastic manager(Jennifer), is a billing issue that took several times to correct, bit of a hassle but other than that we will definitely visit this location again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank LouFamily

I apologize that I didn't respond earlier. I am truly sorry about the billing bumps, but am glad to know Jennifer was able to help. I hope you are glad to here, that Jennifer will now be training our new hires, so that we can avoid such bumps in the future. We are really happy you stayed with us and are thankful that you took the time to review us also.

Reviewed 12 July 2012

Stayed here over the weekend and first, this place is the dorm for some truck driving school. These truckers were drunk, loud, cursing in front of children and bringing ladies of the evening up into their rooms. They had a giant drunken bbq one night that lasted until 2 in the morning. The hallways smelled like marijuana and these guys just did not care. Stay away from this place.

Room Tip: Not staying here or on the third floor of the trucker hang out.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank roadtripron
Bill L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis South, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2012

WOW I am truly disheartened by your review. I truly wish you would have contacted me directly so I could address the situation in a more immediate fashion. It is true that we house students training for a new career. In the interest of their school and our hotel having a successful relationship we all expect the best behavior from each incoming class of students and if that does not happen both companies will address it. None here condone such behavior as you are describing. I will make sure to reiterate with all my staff that any such behavior is not to be tolerated and if they are unable to handle on their own I am more than happy to lend my guidance.